Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

I think that's all the excitement for now here in the south West.Garden has had a good drink.

Posted

IoW detector is still down damn I am lost with out that. I will have to resort back to the old days before IoW sferic http://meteocentre.c...en&map=EuropeNW

I will be out again later today. If anyone else is interested again look at the thread in the Storm enthusiasts section http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69448-hampshirewest-sussex-storm-watchers/#entry2074159

Edited by Adi F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Humid, yet bright grey here.

Posted

Amazing to think how just 5 months ago you could have (although obviously shouldn't) walked across frozen Canals and small inland water features, Heathrow was shut continually due to Snow and all the other logistical nightmares people had to face and endure. Then we've had the driest April for a long time with wildfires in some parts. Now the same places facing a severe storm threat not just for tonight but continually while this plume remains over the UK for the next few days.

A prime example of just how variable the British weather actually is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

IoW detector is still down damn I am lost with out that. I will have to resort back to the old days before IoW sferic http://meteocentre.c...en&map=EuropeNW

I will be out again later today. If anyone else is interested again look at the thread in the Storm enthusiasts section

IoW is online Adi, I'm watching it now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hmmm, where to go this afternoon and what time?:nonono: I need to go somewhere where there's shelter in some field lol. I don't want to miss it all by sitting in the car and having the rain drown out the thunder and not being able to record the storm through the windows. lol. I want to see a storm in the country side.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Rain up here in Shotton, near Peterlee; is this from a remnant of a thunderstorm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

IoW detector is still down damn I am lost with out that. I will have to resort back to the old days before IoW sferic http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk.php?time=0〈=en&map=EuropeNW

www.worthingweather.org has a real time lightning detector for the south :D

I will be out again later today. If anyone else is interested again look at the thread in the Storm enthusiasts section

Posted

SkyWarn UK Alert Update (11.30 UTC , 12.30 BST)

http://www.skywarn.org.uk/current.html

Once this band making its way up from N.England clears through , i think the probability of the southern half of scotland getting t-storms is very high :drinks:

Do you think they'll reach me up here in Alloa, Clackmannanshire? :rolleyes::drinks:

Posted

Hmmm, where to go this afternoon and what time?:nonono: I need to go somewhere where there's shelter in some field lol. I don't want to miss it all by sitting in the car and having the rain drown out the thunder and not being able to record the storm through the windows. lol. I want to see a storm in the country side.:D

You need a personal faraday cage, not gonna find me out in the open ... bolt out of the blue comes to mind!!!!

Aircraft are not exactly exempt either >>>>

plane_ltg.gif

Posted

okay that ^ didnt come out right :|

You need a personal faraday cage, not gonna find me out in the open ... bolt out of the blue comes to mind!!!!

plane_ltg.gif

yikes!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Perhaps its one of those days when things take until late afternoon to kick off...

Posted

Which detector? I'm back in Killie today and don't have my favourites on this computer. Those small cells look to be heading this way.

Strikes may be from the very intense downpour just moving onshore to the west of Dumfries? Or they could be for the cells to the NW of Dumfries which are heading approximately this direction :D

http://www.meteorologica.info/lightning/lightning.jpg << This one Ross..its probably not that accurate..but its the one i always use..

Posted

Had a reasonable thunderstorm here last night, two in fact, the first wasn't up to much though. Too far south in exeter today for the best of the potential but hoping for something thundery later on and in to the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I believe that the Nw of england has a decent chance to see something electrical! does anyone have more info or their own opinion? thanks guys!

NW radar subscription is great in this weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

plane_ltg.gif

Lol. I'll be fine.:whistling: I'm used to camping in storms going back a few years now and have expierenced a couple violent ones whilst in caravan. If I'm right I think a car is really safe to be in in a storm (so they say).

Posted

http://www.meteorologica.info/lightning/lightning.jpg << This one Ross..its probably not that accurate..but its the one i always use..

Cheers - pretty sure 2 storms have just fired up over the northern central belt after skpping past most of us :lol:

As can be seen on the excellent netweather radar ;)

post-26-0-53685900-1304773015_thumb.jpg

Posted

Lol. I'll be fine.:whistling: I'm used to camping in storms going back a few years now and have expierenced a couple violent ones whilst in caravan. If I'm right I think a car is really safe to be in in a storm (so they say).

A car is perfectly safe, so long as you don't make contact with the outer skin (bodywork) if it gets hit :o

Posted

I'd say going from what the charts and other agencies are advising, the area most at risk for the 'big stuff' aka Supercells, SLW, possible Tornadic activity is in a box slap-bang in the middle of Northern England. From Lancs to the Humber and as far south as Birmingham is the area in question. Maybe being optimistic somewhat as I'm expected to see 3 rounds from this (2 of which involve surface-based convection) but most people chasing are already getting the kit together or hitting the road now.

Cheshire, Derbyshire, Lancs later on in the afternoon is where people are going to see some big convection and reports coming out in the next couple of hours.

Posted

I think it will be around 6pm when thundertstorms kick off. Most probably in central england/nw england at first but breaking out further north later... With obviouse imports coming out of france later for you guys in the south :)

Rtavn1211.png

Nice amount of CAPE considering the highest temperatures to be achieved will be around 21/22C away from the south east.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/lib/template/spacer.gif

Once this boring trough currrently sat over northern england moves out of the way it should be game on! Expect to see something devlope on the southern flank sometime soon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I think it will be around 6pm when thundertstorms kick off. Most probably in central england/nw england at first but breaking out further north later... With obviouse imports coming out of france later for you guys in the south :)

Rtavn1211.png

Nice amount of CAPE considering the highest temperatures to be achieved will be around 21/22C away from the south east.

http://www.metoffice...late/spacer.gif

Once this boring trough currrently sat over northern england moves out of the way it should be game on! Expect to see something devlope on the southern flank sometime soon!!

Hmm, looks fun for me then :D

Sun is coming out here now. So lots of convective potential around for today. Give me more storms please. This year has already been one of the most active years I have seen. :D

Posted

so er, the stuff coming up from the channel later. what counties are most likely to be hit?

Posted

Hi all not been on for a while as no internet access only phone web, had an amazing storm here yesterday bring on round too later :drinks::yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Well, This sunshine is really warming thing sup round here.

Its quite humid and you can really feel the warm air moving around you.

22.9°C (H:23.2°C,13:52 L:13.5°C,00:00)

Wind:4.8mph WNW,

Pressure:1018.0hpa Falling,

Rain Today:4.2mm,

humidity:59%