Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

wow things moving along now.

temps slowly moved from 14,and 15 now up to 19.5. RH now at 76% and dewpoint has moved up to 14.9 :drinks:

Posted

New storm just gone up around Ardrossan for the Scots on the board.

Cheers Ross..hope they will track thier way NE..seem to be getting a lot of showers breaking out ahead of this main band..bit worried if the main band makes it here it will just stick around.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Back to cool and cloudy norm risk up too 80%

Posted

If there's a nearby building you should be okay. Don't forget to take a AM radio (a crude lightning detector) if your unable to get internet access, this should give you at least some notice there'll be sferics around. The louder the crackles on the radio the closer the lightning.

4-5pm should be when the convection is initiating if not already, the storms will gradually be moving North so if your upwind of these you'll get the worst than being under the main convective phase itself. Later on in the night 6-9pm is when the secondary phase of the theta e-plume, giving higher based IC lightning. These are forecasted to come up from the South so a repetition of last night's events, with a higher likelyhood most places will see something from the MCS.

thanks for that, the age groups are 12 to 15 and we have 6 activities placed across 2 rugby pitches. luckly a large club house for refuge.

cheers.

Posted

Not sure. Looking at sat24 the cloud is only just starting to break around Southern England.

It's moving quite fast though, so let's hope? :p

Seeing the sun breaking it up slightly now.

marksp, indeed it does look good, but it's looked good the last four or so events and we've had nothing from them. :rolleyes:

Posted

Just had a shower here right on the coast. The cloud looks to be burning away and moving through on Sat24, but on the coast here we cannot hope for homegrown stuff.

Will be watching the Bay of Biscay and around NW France with a keen eye over the next few hours. Nothing showing yet other than a lot of high level cloud in that area.

Posted

Cheers Ross..hope they will track thier way NE..seem to be getting a lot of showers breaking out ahead of this main band..bit worried if the main band makes it here it will just stick around.

Yep, I have the same worry. Hopefully the front of the main band will pep up and give us a few storms. I fear it will just be rain with the odd rumble of thunder though! Who knows, thats the fun of it :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

lol i like that, I was only expecting gusty winds. Im in the 1 warning but im only in the 15% area. good luck everyone!

Im pretty much in the middle.. So nothing for here :)

This eve is gonna be soooo much fun :)

Nice and warm here, Got the washing out.. So that should cause some thunder

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

The sun has finally come out here in Bradford. Temps should rise soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

cloudy & still-ish here on s coast, the calm before the storm, perhaps? :D

Posted

Had a few rumbles here about 10 to 2. Sky wasn't even that dark and didnt indicate that anything was around. Just formed out of nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Right then, that's the shopping done, timed perfectly with the forecasted lull in storm activity...lol.....so we've had the appetizer last night, now I'm waiting for the main course this afternoon/evening, followed up by a cheeky dessert overnight tonight :D

Posted

Had a few rumbles here about 10 to 2. Sky wasn't even that dark and didnt indicate that anything was around. Just formed out of nothing

Hi after the big cell passed last night and went over into Wales we still had alot of lightning around but on Radar there was nothing, it was very strange.. Had a good show for a couple of hours, but like you said they seem to come from nothing.

Not much rain in the first storm, were a few CG strikes but hardly any rain, i know because i was stood outside. Hoping for more later on :drinks:

kaz

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It's been sunny on and off since this morning, very muggy too!... Nice cloud developments indicating storms much later for south east england, probably late or early hours!.. Our time will come, but it isn't now wait till much later ;)

Posted

marksp, indeed it does look good, but it's looked good the last four or so events and we've had nothing from them. :rolleyes:

very true, but reading Snow Jokes post definately gives me plenty optimism

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very warm and humid here now. Not much on the Radars yet though but some turbulent looking skies here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well John H soundings suggested between 22c to 26c to get convection going. Well adrift of that so will need frontal forcing to get storms going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Well the sun has been trying to break through since midday, but so far has only been able to a couple of times! Very warm and muggy out there, more than yesterday i think. Come on storms! I'm going to a party later dressed as a vicar...so if it doesn't thunder i'm going to get God to smite everything! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

There we go.

Clear blue skies, temperature just jumped 1C in 2 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A bit disapointing so far, not much activity showing up and the time of peak surface heating will be over as its 3pm??

Posted

Hi after the big cell passed last night and went over into Wales we still had alot of lightning around but on Radar there was nothing, it was very strange.. Had a good show for a couple of hours, but like you said they seem to come from nothing.

Not much rain in the first storm, were a few CG strikes but hardly any rain, i know because i was stood outside. Hoping for more later on :drinks:

kaz

Did the same as you Kaz, stayed up until 1.30 but everything seemed to be moving over Exmoor/ Somerset way. Storms were moving very fast and sprung up out of nowhere! Hoping for some more later on this evening if the sun does it's stuff. lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

A bit disapointing so far, not much activity showing up and the time of peak surface heating will be over as its 3pm??

dont panic! most of the storms didnt start untill 6 last night so i reckon that will be the case again tonight, Much more favourable conditions to

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

How the hell can it be that places to the north of me have blue skies and yet I get stuck under poxy 100% cruddy cloud cover? There aint no justice.