Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Virgin throttling my broadband to the extent I cannot refresh my own webcam and that half the FTP uploads don't worknonono.gif

Posted
That shower passed me, but has intensified alot as it hit your location. It was doing this last night too. They left my location and intensified.

Yeah it's the hills generating lift, that effect spawned new storms last night as well. I'm guessing the same thing is happening in Wales at the moment.

There's our progress, storms in Cumbria and Ireland too.

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

Posted

Cell about to become visible on the webcam is 15 miles NE of here and becoming quite intense.

Posted

Hello all

Im a newbie to the forum,Well as a member anyway i have used Netweather for a few years now im always reading in the convective/storm discussions and thought you know what rather than just reading why not join in so here i am lol

Been a very disapointing weekend thunderstorm wise,Nothing happened on friday apart from a hefty shower early in the evening,saturday looked more promising but again just heavy rain nothing seen or heard and today alot of convection around but have that feeling that it's going to be much of the same,rain but no storms.

Think i'll have to join the No Storms Club lol which reminds me Jane Louise (hi)have you managed to get out yet?

Does anyone know if there could be anything storm wise here really need one now i've waited long enough lol

any information would be appreciated

Cheers

Raidan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yeah it's the hills generating lift, that effect spawned new storms last night as well. I'm guessing the same thing is happening in Wales at the moment.

There's our progress, storms in Cumbria and Ireland too.

http://www.meteox.co...&soort=satradar

That radar loop is too fast!

I knew the hills would have to do something with this. Your location must be prime for thunder and hail in this setup. The clouds need to lose all of that precipitation to get over the hills, and they decided to do it on your house. :lol:

Posted

And now a new Cumulus Congestus about to glaciate and shower just NE of here over the Cambrian Mountains...

Posted
That radar loop is too fast!

Is a bit, click the more button in the top left and you can grab individual images.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Just missed that shower in cumbria!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hello all

Im a newbie to the forum,Well as a member anyway i have used Netweather for a few years now im always reading in the convective/storm discussions and thought you know what rather than just reading why not join in so here i am lol

Been a very disapointing weekend thunderstorm wise,Nothing happened on friday apart from a hefty shower early in the evening,saturday looked more promising but again just heavy rain nothing seen or heard and today alot of convection around but have that feeling that it's going to be much of the same,rain but no storms.

Think i'll have to join the No Storms Club lol which reminds me Jane Louise (hi)have you managed to get out yet?

Does anyone know if there could be anything storm wise here really need one now i've waited long enough lol

any information would be appreciated

Cheers

Raidan

Hi there Raidan,:D

Welcome to Netweather.:hi:

Sorry to hear you haven't had a storm.:( I haven't had much luck either. I'm quite excited at the moment I'm having some sunshine and showers here annd I'm patiently waiting for some thunder lol :D But as you know it'll probably never happen :lol:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you may hopefully get a storm soon.:)

Posted

And so the long line of Cu Congestus continues to pass by to the east, some developing into showers and lit by the lowering sun...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I bet storms fire across belgium as usual :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

some cells moving through NW England at the moment , and some lightning showing up on the netweather strikestar network. Could get them heading this way soon :)

Edited by Calum

Posted

thunder heard looks like another storm following it aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I can hear very distant thunder. YEAHHHHHH!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Impressive cells building up round here far better than yesterday, took photos on way home from work :)

Could go bang this evening

post-9615-0-68493100-1304874376_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-19451400-1304874433_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I suspect the showers and thunderstorms will start to die away very soon, they usually do in these setups. However, its been a great day for convective lovers in Northern England and Wales in particular, and tomorrow could prove to be even better.

Posted

bbc weather on bbc 1 saying thunder storms will move in to S of scotland before there fade so all looking up :D

and monday Looking Great for us :drinks:

Edited by Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Strike display showing thunderstorm 53.3N -5.5 Ed: 53.3° N, -5.5° E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

A heavy shower (still developing) should be here in 15-30 minutes, could be torrential by the time it reaches here. Off to have tea in the garden, I better hurry up!!

Posted

bbc weather on bbc 1 saying thunder storms will move in to S of scotland before there fade so all looking up :D

and monday Looking Great for us :drinks:

Great news Stu,:drunk:

There's a slight risk for me tomorrow so I'll be glued to the rain radar all day. I think it'll probably be sharp showers rather then a storm for me or at least a rumble of thunder.It's all good though.:D

Posted

Lots of cumulus clouds obstructing my view but I can just about make out other anvil clouds in the distance, maybe I'll see something more before they begin to fizzle out once the sun sets.

Posted

no thunder in the shower the followed,temp dropped to 13.7c sun is back out now dry.gif

Posted

Thanks jane good luck to you but if i move next year what i going to do wont see much up there :cray:

Are you moving to Cheltenham by any chance lol :lol:

Seriously, Where are you moving to? Is it further up the North of Scotland? Are you sure you wont see much when you move?:unsure::(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Had a brief but great storm here about 20 mins ago, CG and over head thunder, tremendous rain and hail and gale force winds whipped up in no time, past through very quickly but looks like there could be more on the way