Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted

It's been a pretty good day here with plenty of sunshine although a tad breezy. Except for a short period this morning between 9.30 and 10.00. Just when I had to go out to catch a train we had torrential rain. I was absolutely soaked just changing platforms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Current conditions up here in the chilly North!

Temp: 8.8C

Dewpoint: 8.4C

Wind: SE @ 3.5kt

Gust: 11.3kts

Pressure: 1019.04hpa (steady)

Rainfall: nil

Wx: Overcast with mist and fog patches.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Clear intervals and mild last night.

Sunny intervals, rather windy (south) with a few brief showers today, and most of these midday. The heavier showers since mid afternoon have been passing some 10 miles to the east where there has been up to 14mm (NW radar accumulation feature).

Min: 10.9c yesterday evening.

Max: 16.8c @ 1130

Rain yesterday: 8.2mm

Rain since 10am: 1mm

Currently: Showers continuing to miss us just to the east!

Temp: 12.2c

RH: 81%

Pressure: 1017mbar, rising slowly.

Posted

Torrential shower yesterday with a touch of hail,2 rumbles of thunder.

3 thundery showers today and heavy showers first bright forked lightning of the year.

15.6c and windy at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Stonking forecast for my area for this week and particularly Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with loads of cloud and rain and little sunshine. Looking at the model output i wouldnt have thought it would be QUITE as wet as this but at least it will be on the cool side no matter what. Just about the only thing missing is a frost but i would take cloudy showery weather now all the way through the summer just to get through it and back to winter.

http://news.bbc.co.u...t/4278?area=OL1

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

After a clear and mild start it gradually clouded over during the morning and into the afternoon. Heavy showers then moved into the area later on, but most of these missed here giving only 0.6mm of rain. There were quite a few rumbles of thunder heard though, the first time since 3rd April. A warm day overall with a min of 10.0C and max of 20.7C.

Currently 10.9C and 85% humidity.

The last three days have also managed more rainfall than the whole of April.

Posted

Another showery day. We did manage a dry morning but the shower clouds built around lunchtime to bring an afternoon of heavy long lasting showers mergng into longer spells of rain at times. The evening saw fewer showers although we have had a preety heavy one in the last hour or so.

Not sure of rainfall totals so far this month - but I suspect we are nearing at least and inch if not more thanks to the heavy thundery rain of both friday and saturday night.

Everything is looking very fresh and green compared to a couple of weeks ago - this is excellent growing weather.

May is my favourite month and normally I long for lengthy dry and sunny but not necessarily warm weather during the month, however, given the lack of rain in recent months and the abundant sunshine and warmth of April, I am non-plussed with the prospect of lots more showery weather. A couple unsettled cool weeks would suit me fine provided we see a warm dry finish in time for the late spring bank holiday - always the best bank holiday in my book for lots of reasons heralding the start of the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Its looking odds on some hot weather for the end of May now. I always thought this would be the case based on GPs posts in the technical thread and the fact that i havent seen that many Mays without at least a few days of hot weather. The Met office have come on board but interestingly they say the North East will be the driest and warmest and some thundery outbreaks in the South which suggests High pressure over North Eastern Britain into the North sea pulling up southerly thundery plumes into the south so it could turn out to be a warmer than average month but also a wetter than average month, latter of which i am suprised at but it looks odds on now, particularly after the last few days.