Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Posted · Hidden by Tom Lynch, February 6, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Tom Lynch, February 6, 2012 - No reason given

AA have stranded me in New York and Chicago on seperate occasions, having me to spend the night in both airports to get to their desks first at 5:00 to change the replacement flights their computer put me on. In fairness the AA staff did heir very best to get me on a more suitable flight and eventually got me on a much better Aerlingus flight back to Shannon. i've been flying BA ever since. I was appalled last year when I only realised when doing online checkin that my nice BA flights were actually AA code share flights. I payed extra for BA. Thankfully those flights worked out OK with the exception of the lack of comfort, headphones that make your ears bleed and no free booze.

In short for me, B.A good, AA BAD!

ditto

Posted

ditto

Sounds like an absolute nightmare that I would really get very stressed about. That's all you need when you are anticipating getting home. Bit the bullet and paid the extra £100 for the upgrade to BA. Likewise I did not realise until I had booked that the return flight was with AA. Will read things more carefully in the future.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

And we got a lovely Lightning Fest on the way back with Storms all the way from Flagstaff to about Denver before I Finally conked out. I thought the BA Pilot's positioning around those Storms was pretty spot on :rofl:

LOL, I'd forgotten about that ..we were just spoilt for storms on that trip <sigh>

Posted

looking at prices today £541 Im still hoping to hold out for cheaper tbh!

Cookie

if it helps and you do decide to do the Manchester route we could share the cost of a room at Bewleys hotel Machester airport. It is a short walk from the airport train station and they have a free shuttle bus to the terminal. Wife and i spent two nights there before we flew to the states in September. I think i got the room on the internet for £49. The train that goes right into Machester Airport links with the Glagow or Edinburgh to Euston train at PRESTON.

Just a thought, I know you are a Blackpool fan but you are a storm chaser too.

Tom

Posted

Cookie

if it helps and you do decide to do the Manchester route we could share the cost of a room at Bewleys hotel Machester airport. It is a short walk from the airport train station and they have a free shuttle bus to the terminal. Wife and i spent two nights there before we flew to the states in September. I think i got the room on the internet for £49. The train that goes right into Machester Airport links with the Glagow or Edinburgh to Euston train at PRESTON.

Just a thought, I know you are a Blackpool fan but you are a storm chaser too.

Tom

yeah I think the Manchester route is the way forward, sounds like a good idea, will PM you closer to the time.

I will just make sure I ware my blackpool shirt for you.

Posted

OK guys flight prices seem to be on the rise, so I'm takin' a leaf out of Brandon Harris's book, who says

"Will you help protect Wikipedia by donating £3, £5, £10 a month, or whatever you can afford?"

Ignore him, he's doing it for free anyway, so save you money and post it to:

POBox 1666

Poole

Dorset

Just think you too could save a storm chaser from famine :help:

Oh I support Blackpool...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I would like to totally disregard the last two posts, relentless and reckless use of the B word should be banned. :acute:

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

OK guys flight prices seem to be on the rise, so I'm takin' a leaf out of Brandon Harris's book, who says

"Will you help protect Wikipedia by donating £3, £5, £10 a month, or whatever you can afford?"

Ignore him, he's doing it for free anyway, so save you money and post it to:

POBox 1666

Poole

Dorset

Just think you too could save a storm chaser from famine :help:

Oh I support Blackpool...

hi you're now my new best friend!

I would like to totally disregard the last two posts, relentless and reckless use of the B word should be banned. :acute:

sorry I can't here you from the championship, you will have to speak up.

Posted

hi you're now my new best friend!

sorry I can't here you from the championship, you will have to speak up.

That's it I am going to have to set Ian Cameron on you. You have asked for it Donkey lover.

Posted

wish i could book for the next 10 yrs....LOL and I could lol

anyway....who knows..???????????????????

someone needs to keep Cameron in order

MISS U GUYS..XXX

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just to let you between the banter on here that the ba0193 flight 30th may (tour 4) has been changed. It now flys out at 11:45 instead of 11:25. God knows why, just had an email from BA informing me.

Lewis

Posted

Just to let you between the banter on here that the ba0193 flight 30th may (tour 4) has been changed. It now flys out at 11:45 instead of 11:25. God knows why, just had an email from BA informing me.

Lewis

It must be across the board. My flight has changed too and that is on the 19 may. i have a feeling that they did a similar change this year.

tom