Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Heathrow - Dallas non stop is currently £521 (with AA) or £499 if you fancy a stop, how's that comparing?

Posted

They usually come down to anything between 400 and 450 during January sale for direct flights but make sure if you are booking a BA flight that you actually get BA aircraft and crew as they now share with AA. Make sure both flights are operated by BA. I think the sale starts end of December, and my advice is don't hang around when they come down like I usually do! I got lucky last year after waiting for them to come down even more I managed to get mine via the the US expedia site and paid for them in dollars, worked out to £445 even with currency fees while BA wanted £540 odd! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

just to get my head straight, if we are starting on may31st we need to fly on the 30th?

id would like a direct flight out there, would make sense to meet with people already on the tour 4 really!

Posted

Damn could have held out I spose. Too eager! Ah well will get my Arizona flights in dec/jan sale as they are bigger bucks due to summer holidays. Anyone else going Arizona next year?

They usually come down to anything between 400 and 450 during January sale for direct flights but make sure if you are booking a BA flight that you actually get BA aircraft and crew as they now share with AA. Make sure both flights are operated by BA. I think the sale starts end of December, and my advice is don't hang around when they come down like I usually do! I got lucky last year after waiting for them to come down even more I managed to get mine via the the US expedia site and paid for them in dollars, worked out to £445 even with currency fees while BA wanted £540 odd! :D

What tours you on next year Aaron? Take it your doing barons again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

just to get my head straight, if we are starting on may31st we need to fly on the 30th?

id would like a direct flight out there, would make sense to meet with people already on the tour 4 really!

what part of Manchester are you from?

Tom roughly

Posted

what part of Manchester are you from?

Tom roughly

Rochdale, or castleton to be more precise!

Graham

Edited by crashlanding

Posted

Just a quick update about next year - Would everyone be okay about the possibility of a Canadian Tv Company following us next year. It is a show that will go onto Canadian Tv and follows Team Canada, Team USA (Andy Gabrielson is heading this one up) and Team GB (Us) :good:

Also some news on Next Year - Still good availibility on Tour 2 and due to some shifting of people onto different Tours more spaces are now available on Tour 3, the full run down as follows

Tour 1 : On Hold

Tour 2 : 4 Spaces Left

Tour 3 : 4 Spaces Left

Tour 4 : SOLD OUT

Tour 5 : 3 Spaces Left

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Just a quick update about next year - Would everyone be okay about the possibility of a Canadian Tv Company following us next year. It is a show that will go onto Canadian Tv and follows Team Canada, Team USA (Andy Gabrielson is heading this one up) and Team GB (Us) :good:

Also some news on Next Year - Still good availibility on Tour 2 and due to some shifting of people onto different Tours more spaces are now available on Tour 3, the full run down as follows

Regards

Paul S

Sounds like we need to get the bobsleigh ready and prepared.

One proviso they bring "Canada Good Luck tokens" with them :clapping:

Posted

Regards

Paul S

best start loosing some weight then. I heard tv adds a few extra pounds onto ample waistlines!

Posted

Do we get paid for the roles, obviously you'll have the leading role, and we could set Tom up as the leading lady. How much do extras get per day?

PS Canadian broadcasting rules are a lot tighter than the UK's.

So every F$%^&*( you utter will be edited out), so you aint gonna say a lot then :rofl:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

You will have to pay them Quent! Apparantly every time Max drops a Stitch whilst chasing she has to donate 1 $ CAD Each time to their drinking funds. Will have to stay off those dirt roads next year

Posted

Paul are they thinking the whole chase season or just a few days in the season. Just want to make sure I pack a collar and tie to look my best.

Gosh now that really does mean a stern diet so I can look like Craig.....shoot. :cray:

Posted

Will find out next thursday when they have the final meeting in Toronto - Will keep you all updated, but it looks good at the moment. Btw I dont even own a shirt or tie for that matter.

Posted

Regards

Paul S

yeah get the TV guys with us. what tour would they be on? all of them i presume!

looking forward to it!

Graham

Posted

Hi Richard, Yes they are the Contact, Jaclyn was with Greg when they interviewed me for Canadian Tv if you remember in Western Oklahoma. They work for Channel 10 in Regina (Saskatoon) and they are looking to follow a Team from Canada which will be Greg and his crew, Andy Gabrielson from the USA & a GB Team. Sounds a decent enough format, not trying to get ourselves killed by trying to drive into a Tornado more the Tour Group Side, The Media Side and the US Chaser who sells his footage to fund his hobby.

Will certainly get copies from them for everyone who is on the Chase, Decision next week remember.

Posted

You will have to pay them Quent! Apparently every time Max drops a Stitch whilst chasing she has to donate 1 $ CAD Each time to their drinking funds.

To even suggest she dropped a stitch raised the roof, she said "Tell Paul I don't drop stitches, even at 80mph"

Has to be said the new love of her life is her .........KINDLE

So forget the crochet, she's kindled ... :sorry:

Posted

Hi Richard, Yes they are the Contact, Jaclyn was with Greg when they interviewed me for Canadian Tv if you remember in Western Oklahoma. They work for Channel 10 in Regina (Saskatoon) and they are looking to follow a Team from Canada which will be Greg and his crew, Andy Gabrielson from the USA & a GB Team. Sounds a decent enough format, not trying to get ourselves killed by trying to drive into a Tornado more the Tour Group Side, The Media Side and the US Chaser who sells his footage to fund his hobby.

Will certainly get copies from them for everyone who is on the Chase, Decision next week remember.

Which interview was that Paul?

western oklahoma

now let me see , erm

Oh yes i remeber it well

very well

Tom

Posted

breaking news

i have been monitoring prices and tonights flights were about 200 pounds cheaper than last nights, with BA . So IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BOOKING please go online and compare.

Tom

Posted

Thanks Tom. I too have been monitoring BA flights and they sure are much cheaper than around two weeks ago. All booked last week at just over £500