Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain Watch

Posted

On the PWS at my house, I have recorded 94.6mm of rain this month, with the latest 3mm today. 60mm fell in the 24-hour period 13:00-13:00 17th-18th.

At the Harpur Hill Weather Station they are up to 99.0mm for the month. The annual rainfall now stands at 548mm.

Posted

I lied! I'm already 0.4mm over last year's total of 703mm (I thought it was 704mm). I feel I've let not only myself down, but the class down too.

Posted

Still pretty dry here, with 29 mm of rain so far this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Yes July has actually been direr than June and has been drier than July 2010 here although it hasn't been anywhere near as warm. We've had only 16.2mm of rain this month compared with 42 mm we had last July.

If the models outlook verifies we might well not see any more rain for the rest of the month which would make this the 5th Month of below average rainfall in a row since March. Also if this total remains it will make it the third driest month of the year and it will be the first below average July rainfall since 2006 for Paignton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

On the PWS at my house, I have recorded 94.6mm of rain this month, with the latest 3mm today. 60mm fell in the 24-hour period 13:00-13:00 17th-18th.

At the Harpur Hill Weather Station they are up to 99.0mm for the month. The annual rainfall now stands at 548mm.

Contrast this with the eastern side of the Peak where I am. My July total to date stands at 44.7mm and it's possible, if we miss the showers tomorrow, that this could end as the driest July here since 1999.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Contrast this with the eastern side of the Peak where I am. My July total to date stands at 44.7mm and it's possible, if we miss the showers tomorrow, that this could end as the driest July here since 1999.

Parts of the Midlands, although unsettled, have only seen relatively small amounts of rain this month.

Coventry is below the July average at 29mm so far, and the exceptionally dry year continues.

85mm of rain this July so far after 150mm in June and 110mm in May. Total for year so far at 715mm which at this stage is about average for my rather wet location despite a very dry March-April (average for me is about 1700mm a year).

Edited by Barb-

Posted

86mm here is close to the July average, while 573mm for the year to date is below average.

Just 66mm here in June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

57mm.

Posted

Although Coventry is now up to 40mm due to yesterdays downpours, other parts of Warwickshire are likely to end up with a very dry month with only around one inch of rain (half the average).

My parents near Rugby: 23mm

Church Lawford (2 miles from my parents): 24mm- approximated from the Weatheronline graph

Coleshill: 26mm- approximated from the Weatheronline graph

Quite remarkable given July's very unsettled synoptics that heavy rain and showers have missed much of Warwickshire.

Anyone else been so dry this month?

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Now up to 101.4mm of rain this month at my house, and 104mm of rain at the nearby weather station.

Posted

28mm of rain has fallen here so far. The average for July is 38mm so still below average here. Looks like the only chance of rain is on Monday night, so highly likely that July will end up as the 5th below average month this year for rainfall.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The dry summer continues only 23.5 mm this month so far 47% of average. June had 53 mm 78% of average following on from a very dry spring one or two trees are beginning to look stressed again.

Only Feb came in above average so far this year with 148% of rainfall

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Interesting that a fair few areas have managed another dry month, with only around half the average rain, and not only in the Midlands.Should this pattern continue we are looking at some very low annual totals indeed!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

A much above average 104mm of rain here, some 4.1", the fifth wet July in a row.

Edited by EaasmanG

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Not even reached 450mm here as yet (435.2mm to be exact ), it's the 3rd driest start to a year since I moved here in 1977, only 1996 and 2010 were drier at this stage.

Bedouin tribesmen will have their eyes on the local property at this rate.

Posted

Should be renamed a lack of rain watch eh? Some places will have done well due to storms which are very local as we know. This weekend is supposed to be a wash out later on for some but I suspect we're out of the region to get the most of the rain.

How rain have you had in June and July TM???

Posted

Looking like another potential dry weekend for us. All the wet stuff either well to the south or to the north although there's a slight possibility it may end us forming somewhere further south or even further north.

We need rain but I need to catch upon the Garden. Catch 22.

289.1 mm here so far compared to the 454.4 mm we should be up to.

Posted

About 195mm for the year here now, thanks to the rainfall this Summer has delivered. The annual average is about 550mm, it will take an exceptionally wet Autumn to get anywhere near the annual average come December. The Summer rain meant an agricultural disaster was averted though some wheat farmers did lose 40-60% of their crop.

As for the coming days, I suspect troughs will pop up at short notice, giving organised showers and/or longer spells of rain just about anywhere. Potentially very wet on Saturday across NE England and SE Scotland.

Posted

About 195mm for the year here now,

Wow :shok::shok: Essex is not going to win it's usual accolade of driest area in the Country this year.

Up to August 4th in SE Essex have had 379.4mm which is getting close to our average Yearly Rainfall total

No wonder everything is green and plentiful.

January with 98.8mm and June with 114.6mm alone were incredibly wet here and over 3 & 4 times the monthly rainfall respectively! :lol:

Apart from the Massive (For us) rainfall amounts the Summer has been pretty decent with Hot Spells and lots of Sunshine so not all bad.

Paul S