Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted

I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. And just for you information i did not expect a storm right over my house..

So why not pu5t something into the mix that adds to the discussion? Your original comment suggested that you did expect something in your locality

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So why not pu5t something into the mix that adds to the discussion? Your original comment suggested that you did expect something in your locality

I think if you check through the threads you will see that i have been contributing. My comment was on the general weather. I was not expecting anything in my area as i looked at the charts and the general trend was for nothing. Other people post similar posts and they are allowed to do so. Is it because i have not been on here for as long as others and you assume i know nothing???

Edited by paul m

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Clearly seen on netwx radar too. Looking very decent too. Expecting pics from it :)

Taken a picture of the storm as it came over but the structure is too poor to make out, so not really worth putting up.

Hammering down currently but the T & L has eased off now, seems to be back building though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Clearly seen on netwx radar too. Looking very decent too. Expecting pics from it :)

I dont see anything of the thunder we had half an hour ago, is the lightening track image delayed for free version or something?

Edited by OldGreggsTundraBoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been a lovely sunny day here today with no showers and yesterdays chase was a bust. Pulse storms are notoriously hard to chase, and you pretty much have to be in the right place at the right time to catch them. But i'm not downheartened, late next week looks promising and then there's at least three more months of storms to come yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very dark cloud approaching and you can see the rain pouring from it from a few miles away. Should be interesting when it arrives.

It doesn't look very dark in this picture.

post-15135-0-50920900-1307815973_thumb.j

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Very dark cloud approaching and you can see the rain pouring from it from a few miles away. Should be interesting when it arrives.

Very nice!

Posted

I'm on the other side of that Lauren, 2 IC strikes and 3 rumbles, plus some very heavy raindrops. It's heading SSE very slowly so you may be lucky to get the tail end of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

bloody storm.... went from red echos 10 miles from me to light greens as it passed over (no ligntning) then as soon as it get into essex it kicks off again.....aaarrrgghhh :)

Posted

bloody storm.... went from red echos 10 miles from me to light greens as it passed over (no ligntning) then as soon as it get into essex it kicks off again.....aaarrrgghhh :)

Sorry Mike, another massive IC and thunder, spread for what sounded like 10 miles West to East.

Posted

Be careful what you say as some other members seem to get peed off when you say things like that... Well they did with me lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Just evicted myself from the No Storms Club drinks.gif

Checked the radar and saw a small blue area heading our way so decided to walk the dogs; just getting down to the river when there was this sudden flash in front of my eyes....followed by loud booming thunder yahoo.gifTwo more nice CGs as well, really developed from nothing in about 20 mins, obviously down to the fact that there was nothing else to suck out any available energy. Has weakened now but a nice surprise all the same biggrin.gif

Rob

Posted

Just had a nice thundery downpour here, fairly active in terms of electrics and dropped quite a bit of large hail too.

Just been for a cycle ride along the canal and could see the anvil and structure of that cell in the far distance the visiblity is good today. I guessed it was over the stoke on trent area so not that far out,

Heard a few rumlbles and saw 1 flash in a downpour when i was at salford quays this afternoon, some hail well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just been for a cycle ride along the canal and could see the anvil and structure of that cell in the far distance the visiblity is good today. I guessed it was over the stoke on trent area so not that far out,

Heard a few rumlbles and saw 1 flash in a downpour when i was at salford quays this afternoon, some hail well

Yes it crept up quietly but once it arrived it went with a bang. The core of the storm seemed to pass about a mile south of here (over the southern end of Crewe), saw some pics on facebook from friends that showed just how much hail this thing deposited- quite impressive as it looked like snow. All in all quite pleased with today convective wise.

Posted

Be careful what you say as some other members seem to get peed off when you say things like that... Well they did with me lol.

But you didn't say anything like that in your post that someone commented on did you ? Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion on the days events, but at least try and make it constructive.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

What a load of @@@@ today has been. No cg/ic strikes in the area with no precipitation at all. THERE IS THAT BETTER :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm on the other side of that Lauren, 2 IC strikes and 3 rumbles, plus some very heavy raindrops. It's heading SSE very slowly so you may be lucky to get the tail end of it.

We haven't had anything yet although there's still a big looming grey cloud with lots of scud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Very overcast, grey and some light to moderate rain here in Shotton. I thought we were going to get a storm earlier this afternoon as had what looked like a gust front and had some big drops of rain; then this overcast weather came. Rather chilly out there too.

Posted

Whats that big orange mass headin into cornwall on raintoday? Is it heavy rain or not anyone?

Slight to Moderate Rain at the mo Phelpsy doubt it will intensify , no sferics at the mo either , and doubt if it will become electrified

Edited by bybo1999

Posted

Came over very dark here half hour or so ago,, with some red echoes, hailstorms and a few flashes and bangs !!

Now out off the end of the pier and looking very black still

Looking like Harwich/Felixstowe will have it now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Came over very dark here half hour or so ago,, with some red echoes, hailstorms and a few flashes and bangs !!

Now out off the end of the pier and looking very black still

Looking like Harwich/Felixstowe will have it now

I could see that storm from here, nice cauliflowers lit by low sun, took a few pics, maybe some lightning out to see from your area...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Whats that big orange mass headin into cornwall on raintoday? Is it heavy rain or not anyone?

Slight to Moderate Rain at the mo Phelpsy doubt it will intensify , no sferics at the mo either , and doubt if it will become electrified

As far as I'm aware, the rain creeping in from the southwest is just a big wet spell of weather hitting most of the UK during Sunday, gradually weakening as it edges N/NE. Nothing has been forecasted to be thundery, just wet and windy. A bit of extra needed rain though :)

Posted

Should be touching down here shortly. Although not thundery,,, I welcome the rain... I also personaly like to watch the cloud formations as such a front approaches. This is,, as I understand, an unusualy deep low pressure system approaching our shores for this time of year. Lets take it as it comes as you can't do anything about it, so just watch and admire the beauty that is nature... I love thunderstorms, which is the main reason I joined this site,,, but at the end of the day, weather is weather,,, very unpredictable. I'd love a thunderstorm as much as the next person, but as nature is..... Wait you turn.... Oh yeah by the way NO storms since 2009..