Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion

Coast

Posted

I do laugh when some get worried because of the BBC forecasts. We get the same in winter if the BBC fail to put a white blob over their region. :lol:

The fact is we have the perfect ingredients for some incredible storms. This beginning on Sunday for parts of N England. During Monday afternoon we could see storms develop especially across E Anglia. After this its all eyes on France and if your storm chasing across E Anglia you want to head towards Kent/London during the evening.

For my region Monday is the best opportunity. Im not expecting much on Tuesday apart from some heavy outbreaks of rain possibly with the odd rumble of thunder.

Posted

RASP struggling with Mondays precip, but keen to break out the first signs of tomorrows storms across Cheshire into Lancs around 7pm. This goes with what the GFS was showing earlier and following the trend of carrying this cell NE along the CF boundary.

post-8763-0-09904900-1309034396_thumb.pn

Posted

xcweather matching up perfectly with tonights 9pm GFS max temperature run. Which gives me confidence somewhat that the short-term nowcasts are at least sustainable enough to rely upon. Going to check again in the morning to draw the same parallels (if any) on the temps.

Posted

Im staying with friends just outside Hastings at the moment and could be in a prime spot it seems. The excitement is tangible. For anyone in......or thinking of coming to the area an excellent viewpoint is at a place called The Firehills, Hastings Country Park. Its about 2 miles outside Hastings on the Fairlight Road.

The views are stunning, overlooking Pett Level, Winchelsea Beach, Rye Harbour, Camber Sands, Dungeness Peninsular, to as far away as The Cliffs around Dover /Folkestone and the North French Coast. Car Parking right on top of the hill. Depending on how things pan out though I'll be flexible, and prepared to put in some mileage if needs be. Ive got just about every angle covered camera wise, with spare batteries, in car chargers, tripods, spare cameras, internet via mobile phone ( for some reason I can't access Netweather on it though. Will have to rely on UKWW, who are aslo well on the case with this event.)

May have spare seats in the car for possible link up with other chasers. Based on the current outlook Im thinking of making it an 'all-nighter'.

Posted

Im staying with friends just outside Hastings at the moment and could be in a prime spot it seems. The excitement is tangible. For anyone in......or thinking of coming to the area an excellent viewpoint is at a place called The Firehills, Hastings Country Park. Its about 2 miles outside Hastings on the Fairlight Road.

The views are stunning, overlooking Pett Level, Winchelsea Beach, Rye Harbour, Camber Sands, Dungeness Peninsular, to as far away as The Cliffs around Dover /Folkestone and the North French Coast. Car Parking right on top of the hill. Depending on how things pan out though I'll be flexible, and prepared to put in some mileage if needs be. Ive got just about every angle covered camera wise, with spare batteries, in car chargers, tripods, spare cameras, internet via mobile phone ( for some reason I can't access Netweather on it though. Will have to rely on UKWW, who are aslo well on the case with this event.)

May have spare seats in the car for possible link up with other chasers. Based on the current outlook Im thinking of making it an 'all-nighter'.

I'm in Folkestone so if you come this way and spot a crazy chick on the cliffs photographing the action that'll be me!

Posted

Any potential for me area Sunday/Monday?

just wait and see :good:

Edited by willkani

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Come say Hi if your about!

I'll be in a silver Merc Vito with a personalised plate - easy to spot, I'll be legging it away from any hail cores rolleyes.gif

Posted

I'll be in a silver Merc Vito with a personalised plate - easy to spot, I'll be legging it away from any hail cores rolleyes.gif

Haha :lol: Gonna stick it out just around Bury me thinks and it's surrounding villages. Good chance here. Easy to spot too! Fat, tattoos, Arsenal shirt, green vaxhaull astra

Posted

I'm in Folkestone so if you come this way and spot a crazy chick on the cliffs photographing the action that'll be me!

Lol....I'll give you a wave if Im over that way snowgirl :hi:

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Storms, be good now and get THE HECK to Worthing. Thankyou. :|

No need to worry! The MCS will cover from Lands End to The Thames. We will all share a bit :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS seems quite keen on some sort of Convergence Zone over the Midlands on Monday afternoon, moving SE into the evening. Could break out some storms for the Western side of the UK for a time. :)

Posted

GRRRRR...

Ignore posts like this - they dont give anything to the discussion and very rarely when challenged give any explanation either - other than the prozac is running low, or their pint is half empty.

Or anywhere remotely close HAHA :D

LOL! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Estofex has a level 1 for the north of england if that will help you Staffordshire http://www.estofex.org/ or use the storm risk link from the main netweather homepage.

Posted

GFS seems quite keen on some sort of Convergence Zone over the Midlands on Monday afternoon, moving SE into the evening. Could break out some storms for the Western side of the UK for a time. :)

Splendiferous!

Posted

GFS now taking the precip for Monday night further North towards Lincoln and Skegness. By this rate it'll be out into the North Sea altogether off Grimsby <_< I can't for the life of me remember a time when the charts (aswell as agencies following) have been so unsure as to what the outcome of all this will be so close to a event. T -minus 49 hours and counting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I think thats what i will be doing. It looks like its going to kick off at around the time the kids are off to bed (7pm ish) Not that they are ever asleep before 9 though.

Edited by paul m

Posted

GFS now taking the precip for Monday night further North towards Lincoln and Skegness. By this rate it'll be out into the North Sea altogether off Grimsby <_< I can't for the life of me remember a time when the charts (aswell as agencies following) have been so unsure as to what the outcome of all this will be so close to a event. T -minus 49 hours and counting.

Next thing it will be right over Staffordshire! ...