Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

looks like the cold front is providing more juice than it was given credit for. Seems to be destabilising from the south along the front, hence showing some heavy returns (which were not forecast) towards the southwest.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Not holding out much hope here now. No heavy looking clouds at all. Though interestingly it's still very warm and humid. Seems the northeast is the place to be at the moment - who'd have thought!

some stuff coming up through Devon though, don't know whether it's thundery or anything though! TORRO is interesting for us too!!

Clutching straws I know!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

BBC Weather Forecaster, Simon King just tweeted, saying he has Thunder in Reading (Berkshire).rolleyes.gif

Are there two Readings in Berkshire? Nowt here :lol:

Posted

....but its only 5:30 right? things can still change cant they????? midnight is still 7 hrs off!!!

Posted

BBC Weather Forecaster, Simon King just tweeted, saying he has Thunder in Reading (Berkshire).rolleyes.gif

If that is the case then we may have the beginnings of a squall line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

If anything is going to happen later then it will be a suprise as i can't see where it could come from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Me too altough I do admit I first started with an expletive about the fly first!

Have to admit did try and wipe it off then expletive then LOL.

Posted
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)

The sky here is quite interesting, and I think I heard thunder as a car alarm just went off for no reason. :yahoo::hi::good::rolleyes::acute:

Edited by Skyscape

Posted

Temp has droped like a stone here only 15c now it was 25c in the sun earlier not looking to promising anywhere at the moment but things can change quickly

Still in mid 20s at Darlington, clouded over but very humid, was 27°C at 16-30 whistling.gif rain spitting a little, will find out now as dog wants a walk! unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Area down to the SW getting interesting, further showers developing ahead of it, feels very thundery, any lightning in this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well reading that from UKWW has left me feeling close to devastated :cray:

Am defo heading down to Dymchurch tonight now in the vein the 80%+ risk GFS still giving over France/clipping Kent/EA may be fruitful!

Someone in the know please raise my spirits lol

Edited by Harry

Posted

Temperature is rising here again. Dropped down to 26c about an hour ago. Now back up to 28.1c

Posted

Area down to the SW getting interesting, further showers developing ahead of it, feels very thundery, any lightning in this?

Don't show any yet, but certainly looks interesting :)

Posted

some stuff coming up through Devon though, don't know whether it's thundery or anything though! TORRO is interesting for us too!!

Clutching straws I know!!

The cold front has made landfall over Cornwal and SW Wales as an extemely narrow band of showery rain.

On the thunder front if you check the radar ;-

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

You can see there is now even less activity to our south and south west. I would expect the MO

to take down there severe weather warnings, with a tail between their legs. Looks like a huge anticlimax :(

Although the Met Office revised forecast for the SE this evening still mentiones

a risk of scattered downpours. ;-

Headline:

Scattered torrential downpours slowly becoming confined to eastern areas.

This Evening and Tonight:

Scattered torrential thundery downpours will affect the region overnight, with the intensities of these storms easing a touch by dawn. Not everywhere will catch one, but some locally appreciable rainfall totals are likely. Another humid night is likely too. Minimum temperature 16 °C.

Posted

Yeah I've been watching that for the last hour, there was some lightning in that a while ago but it has been quiet since.

Will be interesting to see what happens when it reaches land.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The humidity here is unbearable. I just got home from work on my m/bike and i'm soaked through (no not rain)

Skies darkening from the SW but not looking too good atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If nothing happens I will actually be heartbroken.

Posted

No Thunder heard here in Reading either. It can be quite busy with air traffic & at times there is some echoing when there are high based showers around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

It's still 31c here in North Kent, down from a high of 33c. The line of rain coming out of France doesn't look particularly exciting, our only hope is for something to kick off as the Cold Front heads East. It is sadly, looking increasingly unlikely, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well reading that from UKWW has left me feeling close to devastated :cray:

Am defo heading down to Dymchurch tonight now in the vein the 80%+ risk GFS still giving over France/clipping Kent/EA may be fruitful!

Someone in the know please raise my spirits lol

Looks as though there are some pretty lively storms,pushing into Cornwall/Devon and West Wales in association with that cold front. Its amazed me how wrong the models have played the forecast Precipitation. I think in these cases its best just keep looking at the radar. Forecasting thunderstorms in this country is notouriously difficult, a bit like forecasting snow in Winter. Anyway Harry, I hope you get your storms as much as I hope i get some...!! :good:

Posted

This is getting agonising! The storm activity seems to be getting closer and closer to my region with every radar update. After some earlier rain, the skies do seem to be clearing to my South West, however. Temps are currently at 28c.