Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 4

Posted

Is there any chance that those beeps on the Strike Alert in Cambridgeshire could be something to do with the lightning here?

Incidently, it's gone very quiet now... Maybe it's burnt out already?

Possibly ... the range for 3 beeps is 12-24 miles.

I think the device measures the delay between the direct radio signal and the high-altitude reflected signal, then works out the distance from the received rfi.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just seen lightning in the distance here in Crossgates and I can hear faint rumbles.

Been outside and it's too far east. The flashes are just illuminating the clouds in the distance.

Just been out with the dog watching it. Dog just sat and watched it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I don't think it's changing direction at all… I think the closest the French stuff will come is mid Channel. The MetO haven't updated their yellow warnings to orange as one might expect if the storms are a few hours away.

Posted

I don't think it's changing direction at all… I think the closest the French stuff will come is mid Channel. The MetO haven't updated their yellow warnings to orange as one might expect if the storms are a few hours away.

Yes i thought the mcs had started a more northerly track but i think this was just the system building on its western flank,

looks to be being pulled and pushed east quicker than ever.:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

im done, I think its time I gave up. Who ever put the UK were it is needs a slap! haha.

Can someone lend me an excavator and a dump truck I will fill that pesky channel, in no time! :whistling:

Posted

1 cg, 3 cc and loud thunder from the tail end of the cold front. Wasnt expecting that!!! Would of chased it if it was 9pm

Posted

Running the NW radar I fear you could be right :cray: can only hope that something builds ahead of it I guess :unsure:

cheers,

Steve.

Posted

Ironically the front everyone was saying would kill any chance of people seeing anything, is the only thing giving activity so far.

Posted

hmmm! you could be right but cant you see it puffing out on its left side there? at the moment it looks good! i would be surprised if it doesnt clip kent in my opinion but im just an amateur lol! we'll see what happens!!

Posted

Looking at the track of those storms in France the SE looks like it will get hit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Estofex has kent in level 1 from 6z tomorrow unless I missed that earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Tbh, I think the best the majority of Kent can hope for at the moment is a good light show from the MCS moving into C.N.France but there is an area of cloud just to the west of Brest that could develop into something a little interesting for C.S.England and the S.E. in a few hours time.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Looking at the track of those storms in France the SE looks like it will get hit

i think it could too

Posted

Im happy seen a few flashes and some deep booms

More flashes. Big rumble!

Send it this way please

Posted

Looking at the IR on sat24.com, I'd also say that the BIG storm (cloud wise) seems to be moving in a much more northerly direction than how it looks on the rain radar. Could this merge with whats off the coast of Brest and move up to even hit E Anglia?

Posted

Another very deep rumble I expect the kids will be up soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Depends what you define as the SE, amazing connective activity but looks like clipping E Kent at best. for a more widespread event in London/Home Counties we would need the cell to move in more northerly direction as it is veering NE currently, is that possible that a slight cell could also develop to the west of it with the current set-up?

Posted

Running the NW radar animation it looks like it could pass so close to Kent to me, be a good light show for any folks there, I may even get a looksee from here if its not near dawn time.

cheers,

Steve

Posted

Tbh, I think the best the majority of Kent can hope for at the moment is a good light show from the MCS moving into C.N.France but there is an area of cloud just to the west of Brest that could develop into something a little interesting for C.S.England and the S.E. in a few hours time.

http://www.meteox.co...&soort=satradar

Regards,

Tom.

And i was just about to throw in the towel and go to bed.

Not convinced this will develop into what we would all like but interesting all the same.

My only concern is the current mcs sucking up all the energy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Lets not forget people that the storms coming out of France could intensify further, in which case I think they would become large enough to cross the SE of England. But if they remain as they are I fear they will just miss us and head through the straits of Dover........ Should get a good view if your on a channel ferry though :good:.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Worth the wait...........

last in the line of cells that is just leaving Birmingham just produced half a dozen CC lightning and some full bloodied rumbles

closest i got to a capture

post-12214-0-53704400-1309219667_thumb.j

Last chance saloon for me :drinks:

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

I have to complain about the netweather radar. its not showing any strikes near here but there are