Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 5

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yep

Screwed over by all 5 Models which showed the Cold Front cleared and gone by 12 Noon today :whistling:

So we had to alert the BBC With 48 hours notice (Eg Saturday or Sunday for Monday or Tuesday) and everything even on Sunday night was pointing towards Monday being the Day!

Kids from school today so no chasing for me - Seen enough this year anyway :drinks:

:( The Weather does us again!

Anyone watching Wimbledon? Hear that thunder a minute ago?! Sounded like a bomb had gone off haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in summer and proper cold in winter

mmm yum yum second helpings!!

Guest Quantumsnow

What the???! On lunch break sat in car, just looked at the radar, wow! Very humid here and clouds darkening. AHHHH come on storms!

Posted

Just watching Wimbledon and there was a massive rumble of thunder half way through the point and the players just stopped.

Posted

Well heard the first rumble at long last, next 30 mins I think will be the best to date...eeerily black sky now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

If you live in Suffolk or anywhere else for that matter that has a lot of overhead power cables rather than underground ducted cables then lightning will often cause lights to dip and surges/millisecond power cuts that will make your pc turn off. If your pc turns off unexpectedly and without following the shut down procedure then you run the risk of damaging your hard drive and/or losing data. The bit about windows was with reference to it being an often unstable and unreliable o/s without added complications. Hope that clears things up for you.

That does make more sense, we're all underground cables down here. Having said that, I've had to rip the power cable out of plenty of PCs and I very rarely encounter data loss, usually only if data in the delayed write cache hasn't been written yet.

If you do experience that many power cuts it might be prudent to invest in a cheap UPS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Cell just exploded in the channel, all it needs to do is keep heading slight NE and surely its enough! please be enoughrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

As promised here is a cg from last nights elevated storms.

Got hd video of it all last night so will post a link later tonight.

post-1104-0-44037700-1309263797_thumb.jp

Superb well done

Edited by paul m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Yep second one rolling in now!..

yeah all eased at the mo..had first pulse from 12.30 .second around 1..

checking radar the cold front line is incredible, look at the temperature ahead and behind it..cold and hot air battle it out!...oooh here comes the 3rd!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It's going to kick off big time in east kent :drinks:

Posted

Cell just exploded in the channel, all it needs to do is keep heading slight NE and surely its enough! please be enoughrolleyes.gif

yay!!! i mentioned those little blobs a few pages back and they have exploded!! its game on!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Really cold air blowing in, nice after all this heat!!

That'll be the approaching cold front, still feels like a warm breeze but very dark now

Posted

I finally hear some distant rumbles (Reigate Surrey)and its going very dark with a strong breeze picking up and as I type the first proper thunder overhead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hey all think it is about to kick off here in Reading - I am sure there was a rumble and a flash! can anyone else comfirm. Very wodnerfully dark and mysteroius!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Oh come on!

Posted

Can everyone west of Bognor please blow hard. All the storms are missing me by about 5 miles, I hear the thunder but all we got is one very brief shower that just about laid the dust. Paths are now dry! Surely it could stretch just a little eastwards? For everyone getting these storms do enjoy, they are very persistent as it has been rumbling for well and hour and a half now.

Posted

Superb well done

cheers mate. I will have the rest posted tonight on this thread with the video :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

BOOM :D, keep hearing booms :drinks: :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Bah it's all stopped here. Didn't see much in the way of lightning despite standing outside to watch for it (neighbours must think I am barking mad lol). I kinda get the feeling it passed to the east of me and judging by the tracker that seems to back it up. Ahh well, a little bit was nice, but would like some more please! :whistling:

Have noticed that Wimbledon keeps dropping out to a black screen - don't know if that's a Sky problem or problems transmitting there?

Posted

I finally hear some distant rumbles (Reigate Surrey)and its going very dark with a strong breeze picking up and as I type the first proper thunder overhead.

Very cool breeze too, looks very dark to the south west now!