Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 6

Coast

Posted

Hey Paul S,

Hope I got this right but the low level cloud looked to be moving SE whilst the higher stuff was moving NE, wondering what would cause that, dont have much knowledge about TS, just enjoy them.

cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve

It is just the low level outflow in front of the storm, nothing to get excited about, all the storms today have been very mushy with no structure, if you could see the storm with the Anvil above you you can see the clouds racing out in outflow dominant storms, inflow dominant storms go the other way with the clouds streaming in from the SE To NW Direction sometimes in 2 or 3 bands in Supercell Thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

2nd of my HD videos from Crawley, west Sussex.

Posted

Cant see nothing else on radar at mo.. so that might be it.. but people east of me.. this one to the south is getting bigger and louder by the second.. could be very nasty by the time it reaches rochester/margate etc

is getting dark again this way

Posted

Hey Paul S,

Hope I got this right but the low level cloud looked to be moving SE whilst the higher stuff was moving NE, wondering what would cause that, dont have much knowledge about TS, just enjoy them.

cheers,

Steve.

the upper winds and low level winds are sometimes in very different directions as in this case. The whole system is moving along the line of the storms at higher level whilst very high up the upper trough is pushing things erratically east. Hence why there is so much more activity further east today. The low level winds will be partly caused by minor convergence zones set up by a lot of individual CB cells within that zone I mentioned.

hope that helps/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Pressure headache getting worse.

Because you are stressed over the Weather? Please say it's not because of that.

Posted

its caused by the inflow from the storms... storms need energy so the suck everythin in from around them.. hence why you see clouds going in total opposite direction from the storm.. so where you see the direction of low cloud heading.. thats where the storm is

You mean Outflow Nanu Surely ?? Inflow would be from SE To NW

Posted

You mean Outflow Nanu Surely ?? Inflow would be from SE To NW

yep.. soz.. (slaps head) :wallbash:

Posted

Still having the odd rumble of thunder around here at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

2nd of my HD videos from Crawley, west Sussex.

Very impressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

the upper winds and low level winds are sometimes in very different directions as in this case. The whole system is moving along the line of the storms at higher level whilst very high up the upper trough is pushing things erratically east. Hence why there is so much more activity further east today. The low level winds will be partly caused by minor convergence zones set up by a lot of individual CB cells within that zone I mentioned.

hope that helps/

Thanks Paul and John :)

Had a northerly flow til about 2pm, then everything whipped round to the WSW, now I can see low level cloud racing back in from the NE. Can't complain, had almost 2hrs worth of storm so far and just now some house shaking thunder ph34r.gif

Posted

thats it now! wow what a ride that was! dont think my area will get anymore storms but rain has got heavy again as i type

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Good glow of lightning now seen, followed by a decent rumble.

Yep still doing it's stuff here too :)

Posted

Ah well got damp squid for the last 2 days, ah well theres always next time.

like alot of people i have been waiting for a good ole storm for years. And central S england 9/10 always misses out by fraction of 30 miles which can be frustrating, as Paul mentioned driving in the Uk is totally different than driving in USA "straight plains" which is why i dont chase, more likely get stuck in traffic specially round rush hour or getting lost, yeah i feel abit disheartened but it's not the end of the world and there are 100 more possibilities that there will be more to come in the future,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Because you are stressed over the Weather? Please say it's not because of that.

No, I get this weird pressure headache when storms are here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Definitely something out towards the west of London, no precipitation yet. Very Cb like, anyone else see this? EGLL 281520Z 33005KT 300V010 9999 FEW008CB BKN013 18/16 Q101

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Rumbling around in the background at the moment - waiting on some cells to the SW to give us something more substantial.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I have read various forums today and there is a lot of animosity aimed at forecasters. I even screwed up yesterday, I had the choice of Monday or Tuesday with the BBC, From the models it looked like Monday was ripe, ALL Models showed the Cold Front pushed through with subsidence and not a lot else going on for Tuesday, I screwed up and I accept that because I followed the Models.

Cant wait for the programme to come out becuase knowing editors they will make me out to be a prize Tutk no doubt and edit it accordingly :nonono:

We all got it wrong yesterday which was a real shame the way things looked, sadly we haven't done much better round here today, the MK storm shield stands strong, (we will be the only ones left in the no storms club soon biggrin.gif) all we've had today is a few distant rumbles and some torrential rain.

I wouldn't worry about how they edit the VT (just remember to wear that shirt again next time for the continuity - lol)

post-10773-0-54419900-1309275972_thumb.j

you made a young and hopefully future storm chaser's day anyway !!