Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Elenin.

Posted

Correct me if im wrong but I always thought Comet Honda will come closer to earth very soon than Elenin?

I do have one question to ask you all. Just suppose this is real and the Governments did know the end of the world is coming. Do you honestly think they would tell us years in advance. The reality is like the movies, ordinary members of the public would recieve little warning i.e few months. Surely we all realise the pandimonium that would occur if we knew years in advance. Also would you want to be informed years in advance? My answer is no because if we can't do anything about it why spend all those years worrying. I would prefer only a few weeks advance notice so I could say goodbye to my family.

Obviously alot of these videos on youtube are tripe. However one fact that cannot be argued is that at some stage a natural disaster will occur and this will wipe out much of the human race. Whether this happens this year or in a million years nobody really knows!

no, i think its the comet kawasaki.... or yamaha....

i think people take too much notice of hollywood. why would the governments not tell us if they knew? so what if there's pandemonium if we're all going to die anyway? there are all sorts of conspiracies that have been bandied about over the years which have never happened or proved to be rubbish and to be fair, do you really think something that big could be kept a secret? the government cant keep what happens in their own trousers a secret, let alone a giant asteroid! also how many people would prefer to know they were going to die in ten years time and enjoy life now rather than work their fingers to the bone so they can have a comfortable retirement? only to be told "sorry folks but we'll all be dead in a week"!!!

Posted

no, i think its the comet kawasaki.... or yamaha....

also how many people would prefer to know they were going to die in ten years time and enjoy life now rather than work their fingers to the bone so they can have a comfortable retirement? only to be told "sorry folks but we'll all be dead in a week"!!!

Just think for a second the consequences if we were told tomorrow the world will end in 10yrs time. Do you think those who work in supermarkets would turn up for work. So how would you obtain food because you wouldn't find any in the supermarket because it would be looted as would all over shops. Like I say pandimonium would occur and eventually we would become like savages. You should watch the film Threads because we would eventually start eating rats like they did in the film.

By the way the Comet Honda is real.

Posted

Just think for a second the consequences if we were told tomorrow the world will end in 10yrs time. Do you think those who work in supermarkets would turn up for work. So how would you obtain food because you wouldn't find any in the supermarket because it would be looted as would all over shops. Like I say pandimonium would occur and eventually we would become like savages. You should watch the film Threads because we would eventually start eating rats like they did in the film.

By the way the Comet Honda is real.

of course they wouldnt. (turn up for work at the supermarket i mean) i'm playing devil's advocate here but to be fair, all us savages would be dead in ten years anyway!

the governments couldnt keep it a secret. there are too many independent astronomers etc for something like that not to get out. also, all those who work in government are in the same boat as the rest of us and not all would share the same view of keeping it a secret. maybe the governments would not want us to know but reality would be a different story...

by the way i have seen threads, it was years ago, very bleak story. mind you they did eat rats on "i'm a celebrity"...

Edited by bobbydog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

:) Neither Nibiru nor a doomsday comet named Elenin holds up under scientific scrutiny

I think there is an agenda out there and one of the reasons for the spreading of fables about space threats is to dilute the reality of what is actually transpiring in the world around us. The first one is that Elenin is a doomsday comet and the largest comet we’ve ever seen and it causes earthquakes by its alignments. False- The largest comet ever discovered by scientists was Comet Sarabat or the Great Comet of 1729. Wikipedia says: “The Comet of 1729, also known as C/1729 P1 or Comet Sarabat, was a non-periodic comet with an absolute magnitude of −3, the brightest ever observed for a comet; it is therefore considered to be the largest comet ever seen.â€

By contrast, the Hale-Bopp comet had a magnitude -1.3. Comet Elenin should be at its brightest shortly before the time of its closest approach to Earth on Oct. 16 of this year. At its closest point, it will be 35 million kilometers (22 million miles) from us. How many major earthquakes occurred in the year 1729? None. The worst earthquake to even occur 20 years close to 1729 was the Lisbon earthquake of 1750. Comets do not cause earthquakes no more than Jupiter causes earthquakes.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/neither-nibiru-nor-a-doomsday-comet-named-elenin-holds-up-under-scientific-scrutiny/

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

To sum up then.....This point of this thread is a complete load of cobblers & utter garbage, and thus needs to be treated as such before more poor members waste precious minutes of their lives on this thread...Mods, one for the trash compactor! :lol:

Posted

Mods, one for the trash compactor! :lol:

Well it's just a bit of fluff and escapism I guess. No one really takes this stuff seriously do they? :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well it's just a bit of fluff and escapism I guess. No one really takes this stuff seriously do they? :unsure:

Judge for yourself Robin :) , there's a couple or so contributors on this thread that either enjoy trolling, don't listen to scientific fact, or are simply 'two knives short of a cutlery set' if you know what I mean? !! :rolleyes:

Posted

Judge for yourself Robin :) , there's a couple or so contributors on this thread that either enjoy trolling, don't listen to scientific fact, or are simply 'two knives short of a cutlery set' if you know what I mean? !! :rolleyes:

Well we can make a judgement on the various soothsayers after 16th October. Frankly I shall be loosing no sleep about this subject (I'm more concerned about the Worlds financial situation and having a BBQ this weekend!).

Having hunted around the net for 5 mins, all I can find is a rash of 'end of the World' scenarios and I've got fed up with looking now. I'm sticking to the two previous posts I made on the reality of this event and I suggest people shouldn't get worked up about it - after all if it was coming what are you going to do? move???!!!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Comet Honda is real. It'll come within 5.6 million miles of us. That's too close for my liking.

About 2 and a half distances to the moon!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Which is a satellite that has been orbiting us for 4.527 billion years and doesn't seem to give us too much grief eh? :rolleyes:

Posted

Comet Honda is real. It'll come within 5.6 million miles of us. That's too close for my liking.

That's 22 distances to the Moon, which is about a quarter of a million miles away.

Posted

That's 22 distances to the Moon, which is about a quarter of a million miles away.

Woops yes. Thought the moon was over 2 million miles away. I flicked through it too quickly. It's 2.5 hundred thousand.

Which is a satellite that has been orbiting us for 4.527 billion years and doesn't seem to give us too much grief eh? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yeah very true, but I am just wondering, with this comet being just 5.5 million miles away at it's closest approach, could the Earth's gravitational pull have any effect on it?

Posted

Whilst I believe this is a load of rubbish there is something that is bugging me.

This comet was discovered in Dec 2010. Now if you type Comet Elenin into the search engine of websites such as BBC, CNN etc you will find nothing. Why is this? Surely these websites would have an article about this. I must admit I do find it strange how the mainstream media have no information about this. The same can be said for the amateur astronomer who discovered this comet (Leonid Elenin). You type this name into BBC or CNN and you get nothing. Surely the discovery of a comet is newsworthy!

Posted

Whilst I believe this is a load of rubbish there is something that is bugging me.

This comet was discovered in Dec 2010. Now if you type Comet Elenin into the search engine of websites such as BBC, CNN etc you will find nothing. Why is this? Surely these websites would have an article about this. I must admit I do find it strange how the mainstream media have no information about this. The same can be said for the amateur astronomer who discovered this comet (Leonid Elenin). You type this name into BBC or CNN and you get nothing. Surely the discovery of a comet is newsworthy!

I would imagine it's because new comets & asteroids are discovered every day, so to mainstream media it's about as newsworthy as an unpaid electricity bill at 22 Arcaica Ave, Somewheresville....On specific astronomy websites/forums such as www.space.com, Elenin is well documented :)

Posted

More concerned about Honda than Elenin. Elenin is 23 million miles away at the closest approach.

Honda is 5.5 million.

Posted

I'm far more concerned about the Comet just 5 miles away from me in Cannock, but on the bright side, it does sell decent TV's and fridge-freezers!

Really, some folk need a reality check!...If I were them I'd be far more worried about the economy, unruly chavs and the price of fish! :rolleyes:

Posted

I'm far more concerned about the Comet just 5 miles away from me in Cannock, but on the bright side, it does sell decent TV's and fridge-freezers!

Really, some folk need a reality check!...If I were them I'd be far more worried about the economy, unruly chavs and the price of fish! :rolleyes:

I guess you're right AJ. Nothing to worry about. :)

Posted

I guess you're right AJ. Nothing to worry about. :)

No worries mate :)

What's really got my back up is the amount of baseless scaremongering that's occured both in this thread and on the net in general causing good folk like yourself and many others lots of needless worry and anxiety....Personally I think, and I don't really care if it causes offense to anyone, that these kind of scaremongerers & conspiracy theorists really need to grow up and get a life, and get a job (as they obviously spent far too much time at home trolling the internet praying on peoples fears!) <_<

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

What's really got my back up is the amount of baseless scaremongering that's occured both in this thread and on the net in general causing good folk like yourself and many others lots of needless worry and anxiety....Personally I think, and I don't really care if it causes offense, that these kind of scaremongerers & conspiracy theorists really need to grow up and get a life, and get a job (as they obviously spent far too much time at home trolling the internet praying on peoples fears!) <_<

Couldn't agree more with this post. Thanks for the support mate. :D

I was going to add something too but I forgot unsure.gif

:rofl:

Also, Yamkin. Please don't post garbage again. That caused alot of anxiety, and distress in the thread.

Posted

What's really got my back up is the amount of baseless scaremongering that's occured both in this thread and on the net in general causing good folk like yourself and many others lots of needless worry and anxiety....Personally I think, and I don't really care if it causes offense to anyone, that these kind of scaremongerers & conspiracy theorists really need to grow up and get a life, and get a job (as they obviously spent far too much time at home trolling the internet praying on peoples fears!) <_<

I quiet agree with you. Having said this if these people really believed in what they were saying they wouldn't be wasting their time on the internet. If I really believed I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time posting on a forum!

Lets be honest their are many people who enjoy this which is why disaster films such as 2012 are so popular. For some odd reason us humans enjoy being scared which is why horror films are also popular and why some people love rollercoasters.

Posted

Oh look. A credible, OFFICIAL source:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/comet20110504.html

Stop scaremongering, Yamkin.

I do not scaremonger. If I told you humans can breath on MARS just like on EARTH, would you believe me? It is true, but it does not matter what you think.

Something to ponder on. It should make people wonder even more why was this comet discovered in Dec 2010 when it was already known years in advance. The powers to be do not want TOO much info gathered, hence why BBC, CNN and the like are Elenin-Less!

Posted

I do not scaremonger. If I told you humans can breath on MARS just like on EARTH, would you believe me? It is true, but it does not matter what you think.

:shok::rofl: :rofl:

Posted

Something to ponder on. It should make people wonder even more why was this comet discovered in Dec 2010 when it was already known years in advance. The powers to be do not want TOO much info gathered, hence why BBC, CNN and the like are Elenin-Less!

Odd video from NASA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk5sRmroG8s&feature=related

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Viewed from under my bed and shaking like a sh**ting dog.LOL

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted

As Wilkani said :shok::rofl: :rofl: . Where did you study science? Astronauts could try breathing on Mars like on Earth, but I doubt they'd live long enough to make a report because of the blood bubbling out of their lungs like from a shaken-up bottle of cola because of the lack of pressure. Let alone the fact that there isn't enough oxygen to breath.

OFFFS: It was not "known" years in advance (although there's always the possibility that it was imaged on an earlier photo but no-one spotted it at the time, so although it may have been imaged it was not "known"). The reason that the BBC, CNN and similar are not mentioning it is because NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Edited by crepuscular ray