Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Elenin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I think the example below shows how dangerous such cults can be, especially to people who are easily lead!

http://en.wikipedia....Gate_%28cult%29

Very similar to this Nibiru one I think. They were wrong at the end of the day, well unless there was an alien spacecraft that was good at hiding :whistling:

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Very interesting info on Elenin

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Will you just stop it Yamkin? Read some of the comments before posting that crap? ;/

"That is truly is the most ludicrous, scientifically ignorant thing i've ever heard in my life. Are you serious"

"Yes silver is a scam, that's what i said wasn't it *facepalm* dick. No, the guy is a silversmith, it's how he makes a living & it just so happens that he claims in his spurious videos that when this imaginary brown dwarf Lettuces everything up, silver will be the currency. He then often links you to his website to stock up now in preparation. This is absolute scatter cushion & no fair minded individual could or would ever fall for such certifiable bull$hit."

"You're wasting your time and money. And you're probably scaring a lot of people who want to live without the panic & stress of imminent disaster. Elenin will pass at a distance 96 times further away than our Moon & won't have any effect on earth! It's been proven that this isn't a dwarf, just an ordinary comet"

"Are you seriously going to relocate because this uneducated crank has made a bunch of erroneous videos? What's wrong with you people??? There is NO truth to this whatsoever! Elenin IS a comet, there is no doubts about this at all. How do you explain the fact that there isn't a single astronomer on the planet voicing any concern over this? You do understand this guy has already made failed predictions of doomsday events? All he's concerned with is selling silver ie. scam."

"The intensity of a gravitational field between two objects is directly proportional to the distance between the two objects.Therefore the closest object to earth that has a large mass is the liquefied center core of the earth itself.

Please quit spreading your science-fiction stories."

"E.L.E.N.I.N..Extinction Level Event Not In News""

Or maybe it's just named after the guy who found it ie. Leonid Elenin

*facepalm*"

"It's a comet, end of."

Dare I go on?!

"

Posted

One of the best debunking site's view on this brown dwarf stuff.....

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/science.html

I know which view I stand behind...

Anything above absolute zero in temperature emits radio waves..... Interesting.. :)

Posted

http://www.badastron...tx/science.html

Anything above absolute zero in temperature emits radio waves..... Interesting.. :)

Lol, finally a poster on this thread that talks sense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

http://www.badastron...tx/science.html

Also, more importantly, what Yamkin & the odd-ball nutter in the embedded youtube vid haven't grasped is that fact that even though a brown dwarf does not undergo nuclear fusion, there would still be a huge amount of heat generated by the stella remnant via a process known as radioactive decay (the same process that powers the internal workings of the earth - tectonic,seismic etc etc),,,A brown dwarf in the inner solar system would be a huge source of infra-red radiation, and would be bright in the visible wavelengths.....It is estimated that a brown dawrf would radiate measureable infra-red radiation for approx 10 to the power of 39 years or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years which in itself is 100 million trillion trillion (10 to the power of 24) times longer than the universe itself has existed, a truely mind-boggling amount of time!.....I eagerly await Yamkin's reply to these scientific facts..

The source used is Prof Greg Laughlin & Prof Fred Adams, co-authors of the best selling publication "The Five Ages of the Universe"

Posted

So let me get this right... We're looking at something 4X the size of Jupiter, that is bright, is strong in infrared, and is so invisible that we can't see it because of a comet?? Something doesn't add up...... Not sure what though...

Posted

So let me get this right... We're looking at something 4X the size of Jupiter, that is bright, is strong in infrared, and is so invisible that we can't see it because of a comet?? Something doesn't add up...... Not sure what though...

Must be because the object is over 500,000km in diameter and the comet is a WHOPPING 2 miles in diameter. Of course we won't be able to see it. rolleyes.gif

Posted

Must be because the object is over 500,000km in diameter and the comet is a WHOPPING 2 miles in diameter. Of course we won't be able to see it. rolleyes.gif

its abit like where's wally

Posted

Why are some members being so rude towards Yamkin. If you disagree then fair enough but you don't need to call someone a "nutter". I do have one interesting point to make though.

If you look back at some of the 2012 youtube videos that were made quiet few years ago you will find them rather interesting especially after recent disasters. Here is a list of what some of these videos predicted.

1. Increase in devastating earthquakes.

2. Increase in Volcanic eruptions.

3. Changes to the magnetic field.

4. Massive solar storms.

5. Increase in UFO sightings.

6. Wars.

7. Asteroid/comet impact.

8. Aliens invading our planet.

9. Earth crust displacement.

Now I find it interesting that quiet a few of the above have actually occured. Its also worth mentioning that some videos mentioned a quote from the Bible saying that the end of the world would be preceded by the earth suffering from great tribulations. Now you must admit the combination of recent disasters, wars, terrible state of the global economy, you must admit its a pretty crap time at the moment!

Personally im not convinced the end of the world is looming just yet. However im not naive like some people are on here either! Like I said previously if the Governments knew something its pretty obvious we would be kept in the dark for obvious reasons. As a consequence of this the likes of NASA wouldn't tell us the truth either.

So please stop taking your hidden fears out on Yamkin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

250px-Lspn_comet_halley.jpgHalley's Comet..

Physical characteristicsDimensions15×8 km,11 km (mean

AnimatedOrbitOf1PHalley.gifone incredible massive ball of ice and fire..

check out the info on this its coming our way but not for a very long timelink but the facts about it are interesting, and maybe compare them to these other comets.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Why are some members being so rude towards Yamkin. If you disagree then fair enough but you don't need to call someone a "nutter". I do have one interesting point to make though.

If you look back at some of the 2012 youtube videos that were made quiet few years ago you will find them rather interesting especially after recent disasters. Here is a list of what some of these videos predicted.

4. Massive solar storms.

6. Wars.

Now I find it interesting that quiet a few of the above have actually occured. Its also worth mentioning that some videos mentioned a quote from the Bible saying that the end of the world would be preceded by the earth suffering from great tribulations. Now you must admit the combination of recent disasters, wars, terrible state of the global economy, you must admit its a pretty crap time at the moment!

Personally im not convinced the end of the world is looming just yet. However im not naive like some people are on here either! Like I said previously if the Governments knew something its pretty obvious we would be kept in the dark for obvious reasons. As a consequence of this the likes of NASA wouldn't tell us the truth either.

But have many things in that list actually occurred? Yes there was the Japanese earthquake of 2011, but there's always going to be earthquakes and I haven't seen anything to suggest earthquakes have increased remarkably above natural fluctuation.

The same with volcanoes. Yes a few have happened to go pop closer to Britain so we hear about them more, but has there been a worldwide increase in volcanic eruptions? or to levels rarely seen?

Massive solar storms? yes there was a 'solar storm' just now and it was (I think) the largest for several years, but these have always occurred from time to time and there have been FAR bigger ones in the past. The sun has been remarkably quiet recently which in part may be why the latest solar flare was the largest for several years. Also they are far more common this one just happened to be earth directed.

No newsworthy changes in magnetic field recently (that I've heard), though I've heard stuff about it slowly moving or predicted it may flip in the future I don't know too much about that one.

I don't know if there's statistically been an increase in UFO sightings. The last 3 on the list certainly haven't happened that I know of. Unless you count the movement of the crust near Japan in the earthquake, but that subduction process has been occurring for billions of years.

The world has survived for billions of years, I see no reason, at least from external forces, why it's so much more likely to end now/very soon (in a comparative time scale to Earths life) than in the past.

To end, I have no hidden fears about the world ending.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

4. Massive solar storms.

6. Wars.

I've had a quick scan of the thread, and can't see anyone referring to Yamkin as a nutter...perhaps you can point me in the right direction? :cc_confused:

The second highlighted part of your post is quite frankly laughable, and I sincerely mean no disrespect, it just made me laugh out loud

The problem I have with Yamkin's posts are simply there are no scientific facts present to back up his posts (or the links to youtube vids that he provides)...Various posters on here have qouted factual content from leading & reputable members of the scientific community that completely and utterly debunk Yamkin's theories......yet he chooses to ignore them....I disagree with your point of naivity, infact, and again meaning no disrespect, your post itself smacks of naivity as do you really think in this modern age with the amount of global communication technologies that an impending global disaster from outer space can be covered up? I homestly don't believe that it could be......With my interest in astronomy, and the natural world, a few years ago I would've been intruiged by Yamkin's theories, but having spend a lot of time reseaching said topics & 'loaded' my brain with known scientific reality, I find his theories half-baked with barely a shred of credability.............I do however have and maintain an open mind on such topics and will gladly peruse all 'conspiracy theories' even if it's just to to be able to research them and be able to debunk them

In closing, yes, I do believe that one day our 'number' will be up, but sleep soundly knowing that in all probability it won't be in my lifetime or my childrens

Posted

No newsworthy changes in magnetic field recently (that I've heard), though I've heard stuff about it slowly moving or predicted it may flip in the future I don't know too much about that one.

Yes we have seen changes in the magnetic north pole. In 1904 the magnetic north pole was moving NE by 9 miles per year. However since 2007 this has increased considerably and is now moving 35 miles each year!

Just want to clear something else up. I don't want members thinking I actually believe everything that is posted on youtube. However I keep an open mind and I don't just assume everything will be okay because NASA says so for the reasons I gave in a previous post. My interest is more from a religious point of view because I honestly believe the great tribulations the Bible speaks of is the period we're actually living in.

I certainly don't lose any sleep worrying about the end of the world. However im not discounting the fact this could occur in my lifetime, although the chances are low.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

very well put TEITS. we are going through earth changes, economic challenges, wars and disasters. in general we are enduring challenging times. and I also agree with you that some people are taking their fears out on people who openly speak what they believe, and they do this usually through mockery and making fun out of peoples posts. no names mentioned, but there are a few people who I myself personally am infuriated with, with their silly mocking rhetoric.

I don't post much, but I am an avid reader of this site, and people's views should be respected and not made fun of.

Eye in the sky, you deserve to be a moderator on this site.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

very well put TEITS. we are going through earth changes, economic challenges, wars and disasters. in general we are enduring challenging times. and I also agree with you that some people are taking their fears out on people who openly speak what they believe, and they do this usually through mockery and making fun out of peoples posts. no names mentioned, but there are a few people who I myself personally am infuriated with, with their silly mocking rhetoric.

I don't post much, but I am an avid reader of this site, and people's views should be respected and not made fun of.

Eye in the sky, you deserve to be a moderator on this site.

I think people are suffering from a very myopic viewpoint. The earth is not seeing anything unusual happening, yes the economic problems we have, the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, the odd war are all very bad and disastrous for those involved but relative to the world and history they are things that wont even feature in the annals of history. They are insignificant.

This doesn't come from fear, it comes from disappointment that people are so dammed paranoid and so sure the end is neigh.

Posted

I think people are suffering from a very myopic viewpoint. The earth is not seeing anything unusual happening, yes the economic problems we have, the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, the odd war are all very bad and disastrous for those involved but relative to the world and history they are things that wont even feature in the annals of history. They are insignificant.

This doesn't come from fear, it comes from disappointment that people are so dammed paranoid and so sure the end is neigh.

exactly. people seem to have very short memories or do not bother to do their own research. one average sized volcano erupts in iceland and due to its location and the weather conditions at the time, it affects air travel in europe, hitting the headlines, raising everyones level of interest in volcanoes. suddenly everyone thinks there is an increase in volcanic activity!! somewhere in the world this is happening now. as it does every day and has for millions of years. if we made a list of all the recorded natural disasters that have occurred, i think we would find that they happen regularly and are spread pretty evenly throughout history.

they have always happened and will continue to happen. one day something might kill most or all of us but there is no point in worrying about it.

that's the nature of, well... nature!

Posted

Spot on!.....it's these paranoid people who seem to be doing their damnest to fill the world with fear and filling respected forums like this with their rhetoric clap trap, and if I infuriate people by posting scientific fact then to coin a phrase "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"......and there are a few posters who views I do not respect in this thread because they are about as far away from reality as one can get :wacko:...and that is what is infuriating! :wallbash: