Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

20th Aug 2011 - Storm/Convective Forecast Discussion and Reports

Posted

Evening Adi F, what's the story tonight then, keep getting pings on my RainAlarm app on the iPhone saying that small showers are popping up in the channel.

Started out at ~60miles earlier but the latest alert is ~14 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Cracking storm in Paris just now..just seen some amazing lightning there.

http://www.earthcam.com/france/paris/

hmmm I can't decide if the Eiffel Tower lights are pretty or gaudy... You're right tho' - cracking storm activity going on! Kinda makes up for being storm-starved here wink.png

Edit: Blitzortung showing some strikes in Wales!

Edited by Purplepixii

Posted

hmmm I can't decide if the Eiffel Tower lights are pretty or gaudy... You're right tho' - cracking storm activity going on! Kinda makes up for being storm-starved here wink.png

Well I am glad the Eiffel Tower lights stopped flashing, that way you can distinguish between the bright/distant flashes of lightning, looks like a nice storm, albeit not that intense.

Posted

Thunder in Shrewsbury NOW. Where on earth has this sprung from. 4 rumbles and just seen 1 flash too- yet it's barely raining, it did briefly about 15-20 minutes ago.

It's raining again and getting louder- not a thunder-free summer quarter after all!

Posted

Eiffel Tower lights are pretty gaudy lol

I am think it will go one of two ways, we will see something or we wont lol

Posted

Coming in from the South, nothing overhead, but seems to be sidling off to the East, so looks like parts of Cheshire next.

Posted

Can confirm nothing thundery in the Manchester lot, but sferics showing in the stuff in E Wales atm.

Posted

Hmmm should i drink plenty of coffee and try and stay up and see if anything develops here or just call it a night? What do you think Bugganuts your still around do you think maybe we could see something?

Posted

Can confirm nothing thundery in the Manchester lot, but sferics showing in the stuff in E Wales atm.

Seems to have died out here as quickly as it appeared, maybe a dozen visible distant flashes, now can see the stars again. Oh well that's another storm to miss us, none at all overhead this year!!!

Manchester routed airplanes now flying over us as well, but just noticed another faint flash to the East of us, maybe Crewe next?

Edited by rosgar

Posted

One flash to the distant south. Camera on the windowsill pointing that way hoping for more to come, can also confirm here in the Pennines no lightning in this area on the cell that's on the NW radar further north on the one that's currently active.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just had a heavy shower here. No thunder

Posted

theres a big cell travelling along the Mersey, looking set to hit me, looks pretty nasty on netw radar....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

theres a big cell travelling along the Mersey, looking set to hit me, looks pretty nasty on netw radar....

What way is it heading

Posted

Worth Keeping an eye on this... appears to be some convection embedded with in the cold front.

Keep an eye out Cornwall! good.gif

post-9530-0-04653700-1313887003_thumb.jp

Edited by SnowMania

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

That stuff heading to Cornwall looks interesting! (and unexpected?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

wouldnt rule out some unexpected thunder showers or storms as the interactions with airmasses cause unstable conditions into the early hours, it could be that the southeast and south central gets some showers turning thundery soon, as i watch the ever deveping stuff south coast! the electric storms sparking off quite quick in the south, i have my confidence with me on seeing at least a distance display here in Surrey by 4am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Yet again those showers will pass just to the east of me if they keep their current track....seriously earlier it was all just to the west. I must be in one pain in the a** storm shield that erases rain off the radar as well whenever it passes over... wallbash.gif

Dam you mother nature...but now time for sleep I think! Hopefully Monday night will conjure something up...which it won't for me! dry.png

Posted

Just had about 10 mins of heavy rain here which was a surprise,but most of it has passed to my north.