Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Im surprised. The Bristol Bubble has been burst! I believe its raining quite heavily in the centre/south of the city. Back up here where I am 15 miles North, its just started drizzling! Yes!! Drizzle!!

Also, is it a sign of something to come that my electricity keeps flickering now and again? (Apart from mice possibly chewing my wires?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

50p size raindrops falling here, making hell of a racket on conservatory.. something is gonna go bang any second now with all the build up going on over me

In London?

Posted

Afternoon all. Had on and off showers this morning before it brightened up. The last hour clouds have rolled in and got pretty dark. Very heavy rain showers keep happening every ten or so minutes but as of yet no thunder or lightning seen or heard. Have a good evening.

Posted

In London?

oh yes... its all going on round me.. multiple showers going up now.... just had a flash and one crack of thunder as i typed.. crystal palace way is looking very nasty... ok who put the plug in!!

Posted

oh yes... its all going on round me.. multiple showers going up now.... just had a flash and one crack of thunder as i typed.. crystal palace way is looking very nasty... ok who put the plug in!!

Well I can see Crystal Palace, that's scattered clouds, to the west however is a very beg dark cell. Let's see what it does. - what part of London are you?

Posted

After the band of torrential rain passed through around 13.00 it looked set to be a dry rest of the day but rapid developments have

occured in the Bath/Wiltshire area in mid afternoon with a few cells briefly reaching 250mm per hour rate!

These cells are now edging WNW-ESE rather than the S-N movement earlier which is indicative of how the LOW is moving slowly

away to the NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Im surprised. The Bristol Bubble has been burst! I believe its raining quite heavily in the centre/south of the city. Back up here where I am 15 miles North, its just started drizzling! Yes!! Drizzle!!

Also, is it a sign of something to come that my electricity keeps flickering now and again? (Apart from mice possibly chewing my wires?)

Well my Sony speakers have been crackling every now and again over the last half hour too so perhaps something is nearby. It's certainly raining now but just moderately.

Posted

Well I can see Crystal Palace, that's scattered clouds, to the west however is a very beg dark cell. Let's see what it does. - what part of London are you?

s/e london,, can here some booms coming from that now... so its fired up.. its in my title (bellingham)

Edited by nanu

Posted

Just as I thought, but very strange how that I am near London Bridge and can't hear anything just yet, lol!

Very dark where I am now, definitely something.

Posted

Just as I thought, but very strange how that I am near London Bridge and can't hear anything just yet, lol!

Very dark where I am now, definitely something.

well its gonna hit you head on.. looks like the southern tip of it will hit me... but its building so quick now that the whole western horizon is just complete black.. very impressivegood.gif

Posted

well its gonna hit you head on.. looks like the southern tip of it will hit me... but its building so quick now that the whole western horizon is just complete black.. very impressivegood.gif

Yeah, just got it now - but no TS yet - just Cb Clouds and light rain! It's a big cell, look at will it rain today, so I presume we'll get something shortly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I just cant catch a break atm lol heavy shower that was thunderin near oxford has turned into light rain now it has reached here woohoo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
50p size raindrops falling here, making hell of a racket on conservatory.. something is gonna go bang any second now with all the build up going on over me

Same here....gone VERY VERY dark also! Have opened the window as it feels like it should thunder!!! Lol............as if!

s/e london,, can here some booms coming from that now... so its fired up.. its in my title (bellingham)

Oh really....fingers crossed!! :D

Posted

Same here....gone VERY VERY dark also! Have opened the window as it feels like it should thunder!!! Lol............as if!

Oh really....fingers crossed!! biggrin.png

Isit a Supercell?

I am being sarcastic :D

Posted

Oh really....fingers crossed!! biggrin.png

sorry to dissapoint but heard nothing since then.. so dunno if its peaked and now downgrading itself.. but still black as anything from this side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think I can confidently say that nothing is going to happen here today - I have lost complete interest.

Posted

I think I can confidently say that nothing is going to happen here today - I have lost complete interest.

should of come 30 mins down the m4...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Things struggling to get going here. Too much cloud.