Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ex Ts Katia To Hit The UK - Chat Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Why would you pay for a potential dangerous storm, that could cause structural damage and endanger people to move closer to your home :S this isn't a pretty little chart we can all hope for some action on, and for once we ought to take these warnings pretty serious. It may be the case that it weakens greatly has it passes across the atlantic, and there is no guarantee it will make it here or not, look at what she did in the North East of America, nothing is nailed yet it's far to early to tell, once it hits cooler waters and then get's the warm plume of air, such instability could cause anything to happen, hence the met being cautious.

Why do tornado chasers hope for tornadoes to form despite them causing billions of dollars worth of damage and casualties? Why do people love snow even though every year it seems to cause people to die? Why do people enjoy thunderstorms even though they cause flooding and loss of life and damage? Severe weather is interesting, this is a weather forum. Not rocket science, lmao.

Some bad news already coming in.... http://www.chron.com...ast-2163422.php

It's things like this that can be easily avoided.

Edited by aaron

Posted

I really do fear the worst for our members in Scotland, N Ireland. The main reason being isn't just the strength of the wind but the timing. If this storm had occured in October or November when the trees are bare the impact would of been much less. I remember when many trees fell in Peterborough during the tornado of July 2005 and wind speeds were around 70-80mph.

If nothing changes in the model output then I hope everyone remains indoors and doesn't underestimate this storm.

For my region I don't think this will be even noticeable and will be a good day to peg the washing out. Im glad because I wouldn't want this storm to change track!

I do appreciate your concern and thought. I am right slap on the NI and Rep Border. I reckon we will cope with it no problem and a good deal more so no worry there. In fact any Irish or Scottish person would take offence if you thought a storm would concern us. And that;s a Celtic personal thing between nature and us as individuals. It's like in a way, you made me, now test me by all means.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well looking at those gusts of 50mph, the last winter storm here in November 2009 caused the windows next door to be blown in. Could be a very interesting day even this far south.