IGNORED

Defunct Satellite Will Fall To Earth This Week

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

AARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

lol 1 in 3200? seem pretty short odds to me, I won £100 on a scratchcard a few months back- that, apparently, was around a 1 in 6000 chance on that particular card. I'm going on holiday to a caravan in Wales next week, hope it doesn't land on that blum.gif

P.s Backtrack- if it lands in Runcorn are you going to eat your sock....again. lol

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Knowing my luck it will be my roof it lands on....and I couldn't even put the bits on 'flea bay' to cover the repair bill !!

QUOTE: Any debris from the UARS satellite still remains the property of the U.S. government and cannot be sold for profit to collectors on e Bay

and if any bits land on my land then il do it for trespass...but il drop the claim if i can keep it..

laugh.png

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

i can just see the headline...

"rogue satellite crashes to earth in Runcorn, spreading debris over a large area, causing widespread improvements"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

im concerned actually, if we watch the skies then we would be in more danger but i want to see it fireball across..

So theres no idea on when it would appear, so its like watching a meteor shower but waiting for those rare fireballs, but only difference is this is going to actually impact the earthhelp.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
post-11361-0-53328900-1316564390_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

these sites make for interesting viewing regarding imminent UARS arrival back on planet earth.. ('Daily Wail' armageddon)

http://www.washingto...gfTjK_blog.html

http://reentrynews.a...g/1991063b.html

and for a closer look as previously posted on here;

http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=21701

the odds of landfall are soo much better than any lottery (-:

Posted

im concerned actually, if we watch the skies then we would be in more danger

From walking into a lamppost? laugh.png

the odds of landfall are soo much better than any lottery (-:

Yes, equally life changing, but one is preferable to the other

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

i can just see the headline...

"rogue satellite crashes to earth in Runcorn, spreading debris over a large area, causing widespread improvements"

Oi :lol:

Maybe if it crashed into Widnes it would cause widespread improvement, but Runcorn isn't bad at all.

Besides, if it hits ICI and causes an explosion, you can wave goodbye to North West England.

lol 1 in 3200? seem pretty short odds to me, I won £100 on a scratchcard a few months back- that, apparently, was around a 1 in 6000 chance on that particular card. I'm going on holiday to a caravan in Wales next week, hope it doesn't land on that blum.gif

P.s Backtrack- if it lands in Runcorn are you going to eat your sock....again. lol

Sod off. Don't want to jinx it :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

If it hits Runcorn, I reckon the spreading pollution will destroy Liverpool, Wirral and Chester. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Hollyoaks has a set? I thought they just filmed it where they woke up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Widnes is 10 times more polluted than Runcorn. :lol:

Shuggs, you're thinking of two pints of lager and a packet of crisps. That's filmed here. blum.gif

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Up to 100 aircraft plummet from the skies every single week, and a causality rate of one person every one-hundred years.. continue to sleep people. good.gif

Posted

Really? Where did you get that figure from? Where does causality come into things? Aircraft (apart from balloons) have been in the sky for fewer than 108 years, so your figures would imply that fewer than 1.08 people on the ground (as opposed to in an airplane that crashed) have died in air crashes during that period, which is rubbish.

If you're talking about people on the ground killed by falling spacecraft (as opposed to aeroplanes), the number is 0.

If you're talking about people killed by falling space debris, the number is 0.

While I admire your wish to prevent panic among the gullible, what sources are you taking your information from?

CR

Edited by crepuscular ray

Posted

http://www.space.com...light-show.html

I don't think it literally means 1 person has died every one hundred years.. but probably means only 1 person has died from falling aircraft since aircraft took to the skies. (108 years)

Also you don't need to look so closely into things, you know.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

http://www.space.com...light-show.html

I don't think it literally means 1 person has died every one hundred years.. but probably means only 1 person has died from falling aircraft since aircraft took to the skies. (108 years)

Also you don't need to look so closely into things, you know.

As I said, the idea that only one person has died from an aircraft falling on them in 108 years is rubbish. More people than that died at an airshow in America within the last week.

If I see misleading information posted, I don't see why I shouldn't make comments on it pointing out that it's wrong. I'll look as closely into correcting obviously wrong information as I want, thank you.

Edited by crepuscular ray

Posted

As I said, the idea that only one person has died from an aircraft falling on them in 108 years is rubbish. More people than that died at an airshow in America within the last week.

If I see misleading information posted, I don't see why I shouldn't make comments on it pointing out that it's wrong. I'll look as closely into correcting obviously wrong information as I want, thank you.

very true - the first example that springs to mind:

The Sknyliv airshow disaster occurred on July 27, 2002, when a Ukrainian Air Force Sukhoi Su-27 of the Ukrainian Falcons crashed during an aerobatics presentation at Sknyliv airfield near Lviv, Ukraine. 77 people were killed and 543 injured, 100 of whom were hospitalised. It was the second major accident involving the Ukrainian military in less than a year, following the alleged downing of Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 in October 2001, and is the worst airshow accident in history.

Posted

I am referring to falling aircraft debris.

And because it isn't important, at all. I'm just trying to ease people who might be worrying about this, I see little relevance in your posts. Thank you.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

what are the chances of being killed by a tortoise falling out of the sky?

it happened...!!

I know this was a joke, but it didn't seem to make sense!?!?!?!smiliz39.gif

Anyway, back to my original post - don't lose sleep people.good.gif

Edited by Aaron

Posted

I know this was a joke, but it didn't seem to make sense!?!?!?!smiliz39.gif

Anyway, back to my original post - don't lose sleep people.good.gif

no, it really happened! a greek playwright, Aeschylus, was killed when an eagle dropped a tortoise on his head!