Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

The Welsh record now stands at 28.2c now smile.png and 29.9c has been reached in Gravsend 30c looking very likely now

Only reached 22c here today, nothing spectacular but still pretty good, it means we've reached 70f in each month since April the second time I've ever witnessed this in the UK, the other year being 2003.

Posted

Mad to think that no June 13th has ever been as hot as today

Even more so when you consider that there have been now a total of three "first of Octobers" than have recorded a higher maximum than any 13th of June officially.

1st October 1908, 1st October 1985, 1st October 2011

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

The maximum temperature here today was 27.3C in the end, that smashes the previous record set in 1985 by a whole 1.1C and even beats the September record max of 27.1C set in 1999.

So its been the warmest Autumn day since at least 1981 here. Remarkable stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Sea-breeze has destroyed the fun but got to 25.1C earlier, still a great spell though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Don't feed the troll... I suspect his account won't be alive for much longer anyway.

Posted

Don't feed the troll... I suspect his account won't be alive for much longer anyway.

Indeed, he's gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Managed a high of 24.4C, now 24.2C and feels boiling in the direct sunlight! Beat last months high of 24.3C!

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

We've had a lot of high cloud today and a cooler start than many (min 11.4) so the temperature has been rising more slowly. However, it still hasn't peaked yet and we've just exceeded yesterday's temperature now - currently steady at 27.5.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Quick! Go and place it in direct sunlight!

Its no good... down to 27.9c and she's putting her clothes back on... story of my life!

Posted

Glorious. Reached 26C again here today, my all time October record! Now down to 22C with a sea breeze, fantastic nontheless!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Sea breezes have spoilt it a little at Cleadon, as they dragged it down to 21.7C at one stage after an initial max of 23.9, but they have now subsided. As a result, despite cloud now increasing from the west, the temperature has gone up to 24.0.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Oh good so cambridgeshire may keep the record and is less dubious than gravesend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I don't think the official max is at Cambridge.. the Met Office haven't mentioned anything

A new record has been set and it's NOT Gravesend, it's..........

Cambridge at 30c

The Cambridge station recording 30 appears to give figures to the nearest degree so the final figure remains to be seen. Doncaster is also reporting 30c

Edited by Interitus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So weird to think that with this weather now it won't be long until we see the first frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

So weird to think that with this weather now it won't be long until we see the first frost.

Yeah definitely! That's also what was is needed for an indian summer too.

Edited by Mapantz

It's cool, wet and miserable here in Central Scotland. I find it quite hard to believe that 30c has been hit in England and in OCTOBER!!!!!

And Scotland lost to England in the Rugby World Cup. tongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Here we'll probably have to wait a bit longer for the frosts, but who knows... we may get a true definition Indian summer in the next few weeks

Posted

Wonder if the 4 people who voted 28 plus today feel clever? I do because I voted it 5 days ago.