Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted

More or less back to normal this afternoon, 8/8 cloud and again even the odd spot of rain now and then, max was at 1325 BST with 25.0C, so the Met O forecast was spot on for Doncaster re temperature. Temperature now on 23.1C but feels less with the westerly breeze.

So ends an amazing late spell of heat and sunshine,6 days over 24 C three over 29C and 1 over (just) 30C; most records for September and October temperatures broken. Mind you the Met O show one of 35C only 4 miles or so from here for 1935 but with a query against it. Could have occurred though if you look at the 850mb temperature that day, close on 20C!

Posted

In those parts which have had full on sunshine for 5 days has anyone noticed if higher lying areas have had lower maxima than

lower lying areas?

I'm trying to make sense of why I haven't achieved any higher than 24.2c on my sensor this week, unless it's to do with it being

in a cooler part of the garden. However Warminster is quite a 'high' town compared to much of Wiltshire.

But then again Boscombe Down and Larkhill up higher (on Salisbury Plain) have been above 25c every day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If it helps Andy, my hometown Yatton (not where I am at the moment) is about 15mASL and recorded a high of 27.1C today so may be an altitude thing, perhaps more of a breeze higher up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed slate grey skies all day here with blue skies to the South East, very warm though again at 22.7c

It was always a fine line for your area. We had sunshine for most of the day here but its cloudy here too now. Cant complain though after a truly astonishing spell of weather. Tomorrow looks like sunny spells, perhaps a fair bit of sun and quite hot or very warm and up to about 24 maybe up to 26c. biggrin.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

In those parts which have had full on sunshine for 5 days has anyone noticed if higher lying areas have had lower maxima than

lower lying areas?

I'm trying to make sense of why I haven't achieved any higher than 24.2c on my sensor this week, unless it's to do with it being

in a cooler part of the garden.

Hi Andy,

Take a look at my weather station as shown by my profile, which indicates, similarly disappointing temperatures to you. sorry.gif

My sensors don't actually get a lot of sun at most times and with the lower sun at this season, it's impact is all the more noticeable. Furthermore, I'm situated with a woodland edge to my east and tall leylandii hedges to both the north and south. Good site for ICE DAYS though. good.gif

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

PS! Where's the shots of the bikini clad babes, Coast. clapping.gifrofl.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Maxed at 23.8c today, about a degree down on yesterday thanks to a light sea breeze.

Also 9-10 miles of solid queuing traffic out of Bournemouth all the way to Ringwood due to sheer volume of traffic, normally only see that in summer. TomTom Live showing in excess of one hour delay just to get the other side of Ringwood. Ouch!

Posted

Good evening all,

Still quite a few new records broken for october ( some broke yesterday record temps) not in Paris though,but a beatiful sunshine all day on the hourly reading the top max is 27.3c but don't think it got much higher ( yesterday record 28.9c for a all time high in october)

The new thing today is some records broken in the south west like Toulouse with a high record of 30.8c against 30.4C and Nantes old record 27.7 broken yesterday at 28.9c and again today at 30.2c

Mont Aigoual at 1565 meters for october last time it reached 20c ( oldest record 20c 1923) was in 1923

and today 20.4c The station is 115 years old

All are official figures from Meteo France

Edited by jean91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

too far north and west for sun today, 22.3C max with dull skies, could see the clear skies to the south, boundary around Birmingham i feel

Posted

we are forecasted to have still around 27c to 28c in the Paris area tomorrow with unbroken sunshine tuesday 25c to 27c and wenesday around 21c to 23c still impressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

A brief spell of more prolonged sunshine around early afternoon raised the temperature up to 26.1c but its been a lot cloudier than recently and consequently generally cooler. The temp now is 20.1c which similar to previous evenings. Cloudy with a few spots of rain falling so i'm anticipating a very mild night.

Tommorow will be the last day of proper warmth in this spell, possibly for the year so make the most of it!! I think a 6th consecutive day of 25c+ is possible tomorrow as we always do well from southwesterlies here. Sadly i dont keep records but i would like to know when was the last time that happened here. Must be back in July 2006.

Posted

Max here was 28.8C. It didn't get any higher due to a build up of cirrus this afternoon. So Friday was the warmest day of these remarkable few days, topping out at 29.2C.

4 places in the UK in the top 100 maximum temps in Europe for yesterday, has that ever happened before?

Highest places Gravesend at 49th!

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynext?lang=en&state=Eur&rank=100&ano=2011&mes=10&day=02&hora=12&Send=send

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

4 places in the UK in the top 100 maximum temps in Europe for yesterday, has that ever happened before?

http://www.ogimet.co...ra=12&Send=send

the Swedish one in 11th seems more unlikely, 31°C in sweden in 0ct?

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

...Contrary to my earlier post, the max here today according to the Met Office on Twitter was 29.3C, which means today was the warmest day of this unseasonable period of weather! And the figure of 29.3C was the highest recorded today in the UK too (officially).

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

the Swedish one in 11th seems more unlikely, 31°C in sweden in 0ct?

Yeah that's certainly false considering Sweden has not been seeing temperatures above the high teens!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yeah, Sweden has returned to earth after another hot summer for them this year. mellow.png

On the other hand, well over 10 places in the UK feature in Europe's wettest (all in Scots and NI, of course)

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It's an odd day and a personally monumental one, as we took over our new pub today as Landlord drunk.gif . It was clearly warmer this morning compared to this afternoon, but even so, in Stonehouse (Plymouth), it was too warm. However given our location in a back to back terraced street, it was going to be warmer than say Plymouth Roborough.

On the plus side- it got the locals drinking!!!!!!

Posted

http://www.ogimet.co...ra=12&Send=send

yes and ploumanac'h in Brittany a remarkable 23rd

Posted

Evening,

will try to post( if got time as back to work tomorrow) new monthly records of today and monday as there may be some as well tomorrow in the south west and center of France ( we should be close in Paris too)

Most places in Brittany have done better than yesterday so 2 straight broken monthly records.The novelty today is the south of France notably the south west and 3 places in the south east who managed to break their all time high of october.Can be the same story tomorrow.

Edited by jean91

Posted

It's an odd day and a personally monumental one, as we took over our new pub today as Landlord drunk.gif . It was clearly .

On the plus side- it got the locals drinking!!!!!!

good luck Phil

bit of a change from Glossop!

Posted

The one that stands out for me is Goteborg, Sweden at #11 - 31.7 there seems truly spectacular!

That is false.

Posted

The one that stands out for me is Goteborg, Sweden at #11 - 31.7 there seems truly spectacular!

i would start to be worried if it were correct

Posted

I was just thinking about some temperature differences.

Some stations in the NE Have recorded up to 29C during this spell (i.e Church Fenton), and possibly 30C in Doncaster, yet I remember Church Fenton dropping very close to -20C at the beginning of December last year! Only 2 months later than now.

That's nearly a 50C difference in the space of 2 months at the same location if they occurred in the same year (only one year apart!)

For our maritime island nation surrounded by water I thought that sounded quite amazing!

Posted

I was just thinking about some temperature differences.

Some stations in the NE Have recorded up to 29C during this spell (i.e Church Fenton), and possibly 30C in Doncaster, yet I remember Church Fenton dropping very close to -20C at the beginning of December last year! Only 2 months later than now.

That's nearly a 50C difference in the space of 2 months at the same location if they occurred in the same year (only one year apart!)

For our maritime island nation surrounded by water I thought that sounded quite amazing!

Yup, The Vale of York (where Church Fenton is) is often a vocal point for extremes.