Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The one that stands out for me is Goteborg, Sweden at #11 - 31.7 there seems truly spectacular!

And at Latnivaara (Sweden), they are down to -3.7C and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Currently 18C remarkably, at the moment! We have had some really warm nights for the time of year, but it's the days stealing the show. That said, I noticed a few stations into single figures over the last 4 nights, despite day time temperatures in the mid-high 20's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

WOW!! its amazing, seeing through yet another record breaker! i have totally enjoyed this spell of incredibly stunning weather, with the leaves going golden along with feeling the heat its all very unusual, everyone is talking about the weather even if i start of the subject first, weather is most interesting ,to watch, study, forecast and experience.

one thing though i do hope those that have not had much sunshine do get some through the weeks ahead, i can remain confident that sunny high pressure would re-develop in time giving all some lovely sunny days!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

WOW!! its amazing, seeing through yet another record breaker! i have totally enjoyed this spell of incredibly stunning weather, with the leaves going golden along with feeling the heat its all very unusual, everyone is talking about the weather even if i start of the subject first, weather is most interesting ,to watch, study, forecast and experience.

one thing though i do hope those that have not had much sunshine do get some through the weeks ahead, i can remain confident that sunny high pressure would re-develop in time giving all some lovely sunny days!

Yes you are right and so nice to share heatwave with people from uk too.Hope i will keep posting as much as i can here.

Today is not over yet and some breakers may come today .Any chance today in uk?

Posted

A fair amount of cloud ensured temperature didn't fall below 17c overnight, almost 22c here now and looks very clear and sunny if this slow moving area of CU ever plans on moving away from the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

22.3C here also with a balmy wind. Very strong wind, sunny skies and low humidity mind, all the hallmarks of the Foehn setup.

Posted

Warm spell still in situ here with another very impressive max of 27.8C earlier, currently 27.0C.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Is it generally agreed that the spell of weather we have had/are still experiencing is probably as close to an 'Indian Summer' as we could realistically hope for in the UK? Given that proper frosts in October are often unlikely to occur and heat in November is pretty much impossible?

Posted

Glorious afternoon generally, very very windy though, but yet again exceptionally warm with a high of 24.9c :D a tad warmer than I was expecting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

25.2C here and quite breezy. It could be July if it were not for the leaves strewn over the garden.

Posted

yes same here, sitting in the shade with quite gusty winds and lots of leaves fluttering around, clear blue sky and the temperature again topping 26C. Perhaps the hottest late September-early October spell I can ever remember, apart from Cyprus!

Posted

It would have been nice to get 25C here in this remarkable spell - but we have to continue to have a sea breeze here and where I was a few miles further inland meaning the max here was 22.9C. While a few miles west has to get 25/26C again today at the airport etc..

Posted

Coming under the cold front now, temps starting to drop off from 22'c down to 20'c markedly. It came somewhat as a surprise as only 30 minutes ago it was clear skies and not a cloud to be seen, now its 8/8 and a breeze picking up. There goes a memorable October hot-spell that I personally won't forget in a hurry..and 5 months of winter to come.

Posted

Very warm again here today with a temperature of 25.6C. Thats 27.3C, 24.6C and 25.6C maxima for the first three days of October. Exceptional weather.

Posted

Max of 24 today.

Currently cloudy with brief rain and very windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Max of 24 today.

Currently cloudy with brief rain and very windy.

Exactly the same here

Posted

Gone stupidly dark here now, sunset isn't even for another hour and half away yet. Can barely read the keyboard as I type.

Posted

Dramatic change in weather here, from crystal clear skies and warmth an hour ago to overcast skies now and a cool gusty breeze.

Wall of low cloud came in around 20 minutes ago with an extremely violent series of wind gusts near 50mph which blew things off the windowsills and smashed a vase :lol:

Temperature also bombed its way down from 23.4c half an hour ago to 18.1c now, reminds me of 24th? April this year when the same thing happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Feels cooler today but still nice and warm.

It feels like the weather is beginning to turn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Gone stupidly dark here now, sunset isn't even for another hour and half away yet. Can barely read the keyboard as I type.

Exactly the same here. Clouded over VERY quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Have we now had 4 individual days on the trot, that were 'record temps' for that day.

Is that a record ?

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

What a spell of weather. It's weird we've had our 3 hot spells at funny times, firstly in April when we were touching 30C, and then when we got 33C in June here and now 30C in October...

At least the next few days here should still be over 20C, but it is sad that this will be the last very warm day for a while.

At least hopefully it will stay mild for the rest of this month, and then it will only be 3 and a half months before we start seeing spring like weather emerging again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

What a spell of weather. It's weird we've had our 3 hot spells at funny times, firstly in April when we were touching 30C, and then when we got 33C in June here and now 30C in October...

At least the next few days here should still be over 20C, but it is sad that this will be the last very warm day for a while.

At least hopefully it will stay mild for the rest of this month, and then it will only be 3 and a half months before we start seeing spring like weather emerging again.

Tomorrow and Wednesday may push towards 20C around where you are, but 15C may be a struggle by Thursday and Friday!