Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25-26th October 2011 - Convective/storm Discussion & Reports

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I love the UKASF forecast for today. It perfectly illustrates the "Circle of Frustration" aka Bristol area and Gloucestershire. (I know its not only been here)

It's generally a story of - "Everything exciting avoiding us as much as possible":

Thunderstorms incoming? ahh no they died out and then intensify again as they head NE...

MCS moving up from the South!!!??? Oh...its drifted too far East...and dissipated...

Gales and rain today? Oh...its just a bit breezy with drizzle and light grey skies...

Mother Nature you have failed to please for some time!

Not that I wish for any property damage from flooding mind...that's a step over the line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Chucking it down here all of a sudden, which is weird because it's really sunny.

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Nothing happening here but last night before I wen't to bed I saw some distant flashes both from the southeast and southwest of here.

Posted

unsure.png Can I hear rumbles of thunder....surely not I'm in Essex

Nope must have been the rumbling of my belly rofl.gif

Had very heavy rain shower with Hail mixed in again....oh well never mind

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I myself have given up on thunder and lightning, i don't bother watching it anymore...summer had 1 or 2 distant storms...that's all. Just hasn't happened this year! sorry.gif

Really? We have had about 8 storms this summer just 15 or so miles away from you. Many of these night storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Really? We have had about 8 storms this summer just 15 or so miles away from you. Many of these night storms.

nope, I live near Walsall (10 miles or so) and it's been 2 storms only.....and TBH with one notable exception, convective activity & potential has been very poor

Posted

Im the same as matt, only dome distant flashes. I find it strange how the 'main events' for the w.midds have been at night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Well the previous 2 hours has just rounded off a fantastic day even better, had another cracking little thunderstorm, crazy updraft, funnel cloud and more hail.

after that we had had an absolute monster hailstorm with large Hail, this left behind a very bright rainbow which looked stunning, then we had another smaller hail shower afterwards.

Downside of today was that the co op in shanklin had its roof collapse due to the rainfall as it was so bad :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Honestly that is all i have seen, i've spent many hours watching the radars and reports and seeing the storms go round. Penkridge storm earlier this year looked like a woppa! That's probably been the only highlight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Great pic Robbie, illustrating perfectly the stunning skyscapes which have been a treat to observe since mid afternoon yesterday!

Thanks, however gave me nothing but drizzle. Not had a storm since June 28th here, when we had stuff taken out by lightning. Looks like that's it in terms of any storms till next year. Unless we get Thundersnow.

Posted

Thanks, however gave me nothing but drizzle. Not had a storm since June 28th here, when we had stuff taken out by lightning. Looks like that's it in terms of any storms till next year. Unless we get Thundersnow.

I wouldn't say that, if we get a similar set up - which isn't out of the question next week - then storms are possible again.

Posted

I wouldn't say that, if we get a similar set up - which isn't out of the question next week - then storms are possible again.

They aint that powerful, which is annoying. But hopefully, I remember when I was younger some all nighter MCSs during Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Thunderstorms moving in from the Irish Sea could affect Cumbria and SW Scotland soon.

Posted

Have some Virga at the moment, some very impressive structures out their in the distance.

Does look like that it for London, looking up north, is that a small MCS?

Posted

Despite having some serious CB and soe angrty looking skies, the best we've had is heavy rain, not even hail.

This years storm activity (or lack thereof) can go get lost .tongue.png

Posted

Despite having some serious CB and soe angrty looking skies, the best we've had is heavy rain, not even hail.

This years storm activity (or lack thereof) can go can go get lost.tongue.png

Here in faversham had three hail showers the first of which laid on the ground, the second topped it up, the third was the heaviest, all three accompanied by lightening, although infrequent....just had a big flash and rumble and its tipping it down.....torrential rain.....

Posted

Here in faversham had three hail showers the first of which laid on the ground, the second topped it up, the third was the heaviest, all three accompanied by lightening, although infrequent....just had a big flash and rumble and its tipping it down.....torrential rain.....

You're only about 25 miles from me!

*stamps foot*