Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25-26th October 2011 - Convective/storm Discussion & Reports

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Had a crack of Thunder here at 7.25 smile.png

A nice early morning surprise whilst waiting for my train.

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Spent the night at Chester le Street, decent storm overhead at around 22:00. First nighttime storm I've experienced since I was in Florida :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Spent the night at Chester le Street, decent storm overhead at around 22:00. First nighttime storm I've experienced since I was in Florida biggrin.png

I also experienced a good storm around that time too last night with thunder and lightning and torrential rain it was good to watch I must admit :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Heavy rain is all we got.

No good stuff again!

*throws tantrum*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

What a massive let down for London and The South East considering this was the area predicted to get the storms. Thats not a criticism, just a statement !

Heavy rain is all we got.

No good stuff again!

*throws tantrum*

Tell me about it.... Boring!"!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Looks interesting Robbie, there is certainly a lot of convection in the air judging by the clouds. maybe I'll get lucky today?

Posted

Looks interesting Robbie, there is certainly a lot of convection in the air judging by the clouds. maybe I'll get lucky today?

Hopefully, I wish this was just after the 27th June. We'd have some severe Thunderstorms instead of the stuff that we had coming through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just light to moderate showers here in Egham so far this morning. Some more robust looking cbs to the south though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Woohoo, what a cracking morning it has been, monster hailstorms, thunder and lightning, floods about waves crashing over the wall like 20ft, we have had absolutely everything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Woohoo, what a cracking morning it has been, monster hailstorms, thunder and lightning, floods about waves crashing over the wall like 20ft, we have had absolutely everything!

Aww you lucky thingsad.png Hope you enjoyed it.biggrin.png I'm keeping my fingers crossed for later on.I usually end up with drizzle though! I gotta laugh If I didn't I reckon I'd go insane Lol

Posted

Aww you lucky thingsad.png Hope you enjoyed it.biggrin.png I'm keeping my fingers crossed for later on.I usually end up with drizzle though! I gotta laugh If I didn't I reckon I'd go insane Lol

Was amazing but lightning struck a bit too close for comfort as I was along sea front watching the waves lol

Jane keep your fingers crossed as you never know :)

Posted

It seems to be lacking that punch, and just raining! Not really sure if it's going to pack that punch and all these CBs are just rainbound. To get anything significant the best place to be for these are Biggin Hill, Farnborough and Gatwick, because the ridge will give them uplift.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Yea,

I must admit I am getting a bit hacked off, London is well over due some storm goodness. I have some family in Durham and they got spoilt last night, not to mention all the OTHER storms they have had this year!. I think it's going to be rain all the day here, storm chasing in May and June this year seems like a very distant memory!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Had a nice little storm out to sea here at half 4 this morning which was a nice suprise, only the second storm here this year hopefully more to come.

Posted

Yea,

I must admit I am getting a bit hacked off, London is well over due some storm goodness. I have some family in Durham and they got spoilt last night, not to mention all the OTHER storms they have had this year!. I think it's going to be rain all the day here, storm chasing in May and June this year seems like a very distant memory!

Looks to be some cells forming in a line down the southwest. 2nkmbtw.png

I've highlighted the ones in red that could give us some brief thunderstorms, monitor those over the next few hours. See what it does.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

I can't believe what difference a few miles makes - I'm less than 10 miles from you (as the crow flies) yet all I've had is flippin' rain! (It's chucking it down again now) - so utterly not fair wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Heavy showers this end. Hail this morning at 0815 was impressive, still got a heap of it by the gutter. One rumble of thunder with the hail.

Posted

I can't believe what difference a few miles makes - I'm less than 10 miles from you (as the crow flies) yet all I've had is flippin' rain! (It's chucking it down again now) - so utterly not fair wallbash.gif

Wow only by a few miles, sorry you missed out keep your fingers crossed for next time I am sure it will be your turn smile.png

Heavy showers this end. Hail this morning at 0815 was impressive, still got a heap of it by the gutter. One rumble of thunder with the hail.

Yes I saw a few heavy showers over your end, It was if the showers intensified as soon between Ventnor Downs and Culver, and in Sandown bay. Also that hail woke me up this morning I shot out of bed and was like WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! felt like our house was going to collapse lol

Edited by Stormyking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Fingers crossed, just checked the radar on my phone. Looks like a nice solid band of heavy rain coming through London, a rumble of thunder would be nice!

Edited by Dave Vicary

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Would really love the showers moving NEwards towards London to move ever so slightly further west. We were too far east yesterday and now too far east. Can't win.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I myself have given up on thunder and lightning, i don't bother watching it anymore...summer had 1 or 2 distant storms...that's all. Just hasn't happened this year! sorry.gif