Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Frost Watch / November 6 And 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Made it down to -0.2C now its -0.1C and good to talk to everyone and hope next time Isolated Frost Ill be talking about snow with you in our regional! :p

Oh definitely; -1c, fresh gusty ne'ly, hammering down torrential snow, blizzards and everything :D

see you soon mate :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

Was -2C by me. Car was covered and was really hard to scrape. A quick drive 3 miles down the lanes and no frost at all. I get canned from work at the end of the month so I'm hoping I can make it to then without another frost. Nothing worse that scaping the car windscreen at 6am on a Monday morning :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not sure what the temp is - but we have an air frost with white surfaces all around. I note Shap is below freezing - probably about -1 degrees now.

Suspect Shap, or Redesdale Camp will be the coldest spot, at sub -5 degrees.

Spot on Damian,

According to weather online, Redesdale -6c is the winner, closely followed by Shap -5c. :acute:

It's interesting how cold it did get in places as the Upper Air temperatures aren't that cold, are they? No doubt, other factors at play.

However, once the cold air digs in, whenever that be, I feel we could get some real low temperatures again this winter.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Min here was -5.1c at 5.35am. Cloud has arrived in the last couple of hours though, about 3/4 cloud cover now and temp rising rapidly, currently -0.5c.

Posted

Lol I was typing that before I saw OON's post, wasn't meant to be a "I'm colder than you" post.

Shame it's only cold here under high pressure, not so much when there's possible snow around.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Min -5.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Min -5.4c

Lucky you. That should last until 11am/12pm ish. A ground frost I mean. I'd imagine some cold spots will be at 2/3c at noon. But temperatures should generally rise overnight with a warmer flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Currently 2.8C after a cold low of 1.3C. A hard frost everywhere - lovely. :)

Posted

Correction -5.5c

Not quite as cold as in October last year.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

A 'bonechilling' min of 5.2C here due to the cloud and wind from the north-east. That was just after midnight and by 9am it was already 10.8C.

We're now under typical North Sea murk which looks like staying for much of the week. So temperatures of 8-12C look to be the order of the day (or week).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A lovely thick frost this morning, cloudy now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Minimum of just 5.6C in Cork. No frost yet, south coast and city centre so it's to be expected I suppose!

Posted

0.4'c it got to here this morning before the cloud bank rolled over. A strange sight to see 8/8 okta of clouds, and yet frost on the village roofs and just about covering the hillsides.

Posted

The shade frost all melted by 1100 due to the cloud cover, it's still only a chilly 3c though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Down to 0.5c this morning, max today was 7.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Clear skies with the temp down to 3.9c, max today 8.6c.

I can see the vale of cloud way to the south of me, I think perhaps the Lakeland mountains are sheltering the west coast, for the time being anyway.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Lol I cant post my max currently as its still increasing where are 6.8C at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

We reached -3.9'C overnight.

This means it's the 3rd coldest November since 2006 (when I started recording)

http://www.borderswe...k/wxrecords.php (updated every day at midnight)

28th Nov 2010 reached -4.1'C

30th Nov 2008 reached -6.9'C

We reached 7.6'C around dinnertime and then started falling fast - we dropped down to 0.9'C about 10 minutes ago and have started climbing again - we are at 1.2'C just now.

Edited by Andrew Simon Jones

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Aboyne already at 0C.

Posted

Spot on Damian,

According to weather online, Redesdale -6c is the winner, closely followed by Shap -5c. :acute:

It's interesting how cold it did get in places as the Upper Air temperatures aren't that cold, are they? No doubt, other factors at play.

However, once the cold air digs in, whenever that be, I feel we could get some real low temperatures again this winter.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Haven't chaecked the stats for sunday night until now,and yes as I suspected Redesdales was the coldest spot. BBC also projected this. I think we got down to -3 degrees but doubt it was -4 degrees, we are usually one or two degrees milder than Shap under high pressure - but not always we can be colder under snow cover. It was a lovely morning yesterday - thick frost everywhere, unlike this morning which was a dullfest - signs that we may see a number of frosty nights next week on a par with sunday night - but maybe too much wind.. long way off, but good to see.