Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mild Weather

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

wasp_hover_sm_wht11.gif Be on your guard in the loft!

http://www.telegraph...wasp-alert.html

Hate wasps, nasty little things, wish they'd bloody bugger off. No wasps in our loft though thank god

Posted

The hangovers from summer should finally be withering away now....at last.

Haven't seen a bluebottle in the past week...the weeds appear to have stopped coming back in the back yard and the mass ladybird party that seemed to be taking place in my neighbourhood looks like it's come to an end.

...and the cat is now staying in and sleeping more.

It's taken a while, but I think nature is catching up. The ducks in the canal will be happy that they still have liquid water to swim on though.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Seems after tomorrow most of the United Kingdom will be under the NO MILD ZONE, much cooler and colder for most, with snow further North and in Scotland.

Edited by Mark Neal Ballooning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Seems after tomorrow most of the United Kingdom will be under the NO MILD ZONE, much cooler and colder for most, with snow further North and in Scotland.

Why's this then?

Posted

Well that would be nice, but MO going for 13c for the 8th in my location... that to me seems rather mild. I do wish the NO MILD ZONE would just go away for all!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/kingston_upon_thames_forecast_weather.html

Posted

Still some leaves hanging around on some of the trees in my area at the moment. Not too common in December although I'm sure they won't last much longer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Why's this then?

Well it will be alot less milder than of late, so will feel alot colder!

Well that would be nice, but MO going for 13c for the 8th in my location... that to me seems rather mild. I do wish the NO MILD ZONE would just go away for all!

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Yes apart from Thursday it looks like it shall be a chillier week, snowier in the North and drier/sunnier further South.

Posted

1ctan1.gifwhen you see the noaa anomaly map you really get that Europe was warm in november especially Scandi and dry as i never saw that much red for lack of rain. In some places in south west France november is with a plus 4C anomaly or over!!

1cpnp1.gif

Edited by jean91

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

Really looking forward to a couple of days of 11C highs this week. Will give me chance to get the house back up to temperature.

Posted

not sure how is this year going to rank in uk but in France it is now sure to be the warmest year ( calendar year) nationaly.

And found it for switzerland in French : http://www.meteosuis...atologique.html

In brief : Anomaly 2c for 2O11 highest ever since 1864 with the first 4 months extremely dry and warm.Hottest spring for 150 years.

November saw record very dry period in the north of country and record temps in montain stations.

And in France :

http://climat.meteofrance.com/chgt_climat2/bilans_climatiques/archives/2011/bilan2011?page_id=15103

record breaking spring plus second warmest autumm and coolest july for 30 years ( the only month with a negative anomaly).