Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mild Weather

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Biarritz in the extreme south west is really having its historic month 2 daily record broken and highest mean averageup to the 15th ever plus with a par with november 1988 for 10 days with top temp at 20c or over , the lastest day is today at 20.9c !!!!!

I was there in august, maybe i should have gone in november!!!

Biarritz in July this year and November so far, spot the difference! :shok: when in August did you go?

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LFBZ/2011/7/19/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LFBZ/2011/11/19/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Must be close to freezing here now ! Shock to the system

Posted

Biarritz in July this year and November so far, spot the difference! :shok: when in August did you go?

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

First week of august 4th to 16th , was not bad at all temperature wise ( 31c on the 6th if i remember ) but often cloudy but nice to enjoy Biarritz , personnaly i like the place.Missed the 38.6c of the 21st august!!!!

Posted

Stunning day yesterday with a clear blue sky and warm sunshine - almost enough for t-shirt and shorts, but I wasn't quite brave enough for the shorts. I know its not what many people want, but I'll take this until the snow starts........ :whistling:

Posted

I like snow, but I think I've had enough of the cold already and proper cold isn't here yet. It's 8c this morning, 14c inside the house and my legs are aching! The thing is I don't do too well when it is hot either, so can't win, but it's enough to make me want to move somewhere warmer and I'm only 19 lol

Posted

When I thought it couldn't get any gloomier, today has managed it!

Need to pick today's dog walk carefully, somewhere where the gloom adds to the atmosphere. A bit of open heathland would be better, can't see the woods being too pleasant!

Need to make the most of this muck before the real mud fest arrives on our dog walks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Stunning day yesterday with a clear blue sky and warm sunshine - almost enough for t-shirt and shorts, but I wasn't quite brave enough for the shorts. I know its not what many people want, but I'll take this until the snow starts........ :whistling:

Nah, I've been quite enjoying the recent hazy sunshine in Norwich and subsequently Cleadon- I have a strong dislike for the "mild with featureless stratus" type weather that we had a lot of earlier in the month, but I find this weather perfectly acceptable, if rather lacking in notable events.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A very mild weekend here with plenty of sunshine. Max 15c Saturday and 13c today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Now winter draws closer, 'mild' now means temperatures barely changing between day and night, at around 5/4C, like it is now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Don't feel mild here today under the fog and low cloud. A chilly feeling 7.8c so feeling more like November unlikes yesterdays lovely 10.7c and blue skies.

Posted

Been for a walk out on Hartlebury common near Stourport. I wouldn't say it was cold but I wouldn't call it mild either. Certainly felt like a November's afternoon. Can't believe how much dew was on the ground. Made it very soggy. Would have been something very special had that lot been frozen.

Great to see so many people out and about walking though...despite the gloominess. Hopefully they'll all still be out walking further down the line with scraves wrapped around their faces and under many layers!

The dog was loving all the smells today as well! Must be particularly potent with the fallen leaves and the dank atmosphere.

Posted

A wonderful late Autumn day in Sussex with clear skies and warm sunshine - quite unusual for November and most welcome. Another Sunday with the roof down on the car and tee shirt on in the relatively warm sun. I'll take this over the grey muck of recent days but I am ready for some cold, frosty mornings and some signs of Winter please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Here too, 12C with a lot of sunshine, very nice to be in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Last weekend it was very mild. Last Saturday I was in London, 15c on Saturday and in Oxford on the Sunday it was a massive 16c. Not bad considering middle of November. The last two days have been much cooler and felt quite nippy; a high of 11c yesterday before going down to 4c by 10pm. Today we got to 10.5c before fog rolled back in and back down to 7.7c. The sooner we get out of this mild southern winds the better though!

Edited by Mark Neal Ox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Splendid on Derwent Edge today, sunshine, a fresh breeze that gave me my first cold chin of the season and the remains of the morning inversion (which I missed as I pitched in the valley rather than the tops due tardiness on my part...grmbl). Cold night all told, down to 5c (Edale Vale), bad idea to take the summer sleeping mat...

Ideal weather for the outdoors. Can't wait for zonality to start... :cray:

Posted

Hello to all,

a slpendid day in Paris with blue sky , morning was cold with -1c locally in suburbs and even near Paris.A good 13.7c for my area and nearing 14.5c in Paris .

bit warmer than yesterday.So now only daytime temps are out of norm.About 4c higher than normal same thing tomorrow.We may get a bit of clouds though but same temps near freeze in morning and 13 to 14 c in the afternoon

Posted

Very jealous of most places having sunshine this weekend, foggy and grim here throughout, the temperature has hovered around 8-9c all weekend with not one minute of sunshine.

Posted

Come on you lot, you aren't spending enough!!!!

Winter woes: warm weather means shoppers aren't buying as much

There's trouble in store for retailers who find the unseasonable climate is hitting sales and adding to their economic problems

Retailers knew they were in trouble when a swallow was spotted this month at the RSPB bird reserve at Saltholme on Teesside. This freak harbinger of spring was bad news for store bosses whose shops are packed to the gunnels with faux fur coats, cashmere jumpers and fake snow. On Sunday the topsy-turvy weather was being blamed for a sharp fall in visitors to UK shopping centres and high streets over the last three months; places such as the West Midlands and Scotland recorded declines of 10.4% and 9%, respectively. Shoppers have been putting off stocking up on the usual winter warmers," explained Diane Wehrle of Springboard, a research firm that works with the British Retail Consortium (BRC) to count shoppers at 500 malls and town centres around the country.

The consortium's director general, Stephen Robertson, said there had been the sharpest drop in footfall in October since last December's blizzards. "Consumer confidence remains weak with households' budgets caught between soaring utility and fuel bills and low wage growth. This toxic mix has left people with less money to spend this Christmas than last and that's stopping people shopping." With reports of frogs croaking for mates and wasps lurking at open windows, the unseasonably warm end to October has fooled some flora and fauna into thinking winter has been and gone. All of which is bad news for retailers who are piping Slade's Merry Christmas Everybody in the aisles and have hats and scarves to sell. The looming festive season seems to be the last thing on Britons' minds, with Majestic Wine reporting a belated splurge on rose wine as the mild weather prolonged the barbecue season well into September.

"The weather is definitely having an impact on fashion sales," said a John Lewis director, Lesley Ballantyne. "It is a couple of degrees warmer than average and people still aren't wearing winter coats and boots." The retailer's sales were 3.2% lower than last year in the week to Saturday. Ballantyne maintained it was a strong performance given the tough economic backdrop and she added: "Momentum would no doubt have been greater if it wasn't for the unseasonably mild weather." The high street is suffering badly as the economy flounders and with consumer confidence at a low ebb retailers are getting edgy about the key Christmas trading period when many make the bulk of their profits. Over the last decade the trend has been for Britons to leave their shopping later and later, a game of chicken that can result in disappointment on both sides come Christmas morning.

The accountancy firm BDO fears there could be a repeat of Christmas 2008, when the looming recession saw the high street decked out in "sale" signs as panicky retailers slashed their prices. Its head of retail, Don Williams, said: "So far retailers have maintained a reasonable amount of discipline, but we are worried that this won't last." Retailers are increasingly being forced to offer discounts, hosting so-called "guerrilla" sales to get shoppers to spend like there is only 33 days until Christmas.

Analysts said last week's official data, which showed retail sales volumes rose by 0.6% in October, did not paint a true picture of the high street because the figure was boosted by a surge in internet shopping. The Springboard monitor recorded a 2.3% fall between August and October as the headline figure was propped up by the south-east, where numbers stayed level. A weekend trawl of the shops also indicated trouble in store, with prominent discounts such as 25% off coats and 20% off boots.

Analysts fear the major clothing chains could now be in trouble as the warm autumn weather has left them sitting on too much stock and no option but to slash prices as the full-price window between now and Christmas closes. At the weekend, John Lewis was competing with a major promotion at Debenhams that promised customers discounts of up to 40%. The employee-owned chain's "never knowingly undersold" promise means it has to cut prices in line with rivals, a pledge that cost it dear in the first six months of the year when profits halved. Ballantyne said it would stick by the promise "no matter how challenging the environment".

http://www.guardian....s?newsfeed=true

Posted

Got someone who counted the days with temps at 20c or above in Strasbourg ,northeastern France, since 1st january and for 2011 it is a record breaking year for 20c or more days at 169

previous one was 2009 at 159 then 2003 at 157 and 1947 at 146

The lowest is 1972 at 82 days and average ( norm 1981 2010) is 124 days

Edited by jean91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Wonder if I'll actually put on my winter coat before winter starts. I'm still in the light fleece that I use on cooler summer nights or when autumn first starts/spring is getting going.

Don't think I've ever made it to winter proper without getting the proper coat out before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Wonder if I'll actually put on my winter coat before winter starts. I'm still in the light fleece that I use on cooler summer nights or when autumn first starts/spring is getting going.

Don't think I've ever made it to winter proper without getting the proper coat out before.

Same here no winter clothing out here either its all still shut away and even the windows are getting opened what a difference a year makes.

:)

Yes with this unseasonably mild weather you don't need the heating on at all especially if you have a big screen plasma warming your living room up. :)

Cold weather is really a joke in this country, meaning we just dont seem to have much anymore, this autumn has been incredibly warm even the supposed cool summer felt warm to me especially at night,i said months ago the upcoming winter will be mild and i stick with that forecast, next summer i feel will be very warm with another very warm year, frost at a premium unless you goto local valleys in the early morning :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yes with this unseasonably mild weather you don't need the heating on at all especially if you have a big screen plasma warming your living room up. :)

Cold weather is really a joke in this country, meaning we just dont seem to have much anymore, this autumn has been incredibly warm even the supposed cool summer felt warm to me especially at night,i said months ago the upcoming winter will be mild and i stick with that forecast, next summer i feel will be very warm with another very warm year, frost at a premium unless you goto local valleys in the early morning :D

A load of rubbish.

But at least I now know to ignore your all posts. :wub:

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Cold weather is really a joke in this country, meaning we just dont seem to have much anymore, this autumn has been incredibly warm even the supposed cool summer felt warm to me especially at night,i said months ago theupcoming winter will be mild and i stick with that forecast, next summer i feel will be very warm with another very warm year, frost at a premium unless you goto local valleys in the early morning :D

Coldest month in 24 years, coldest December in 120 years (in recorded history for most)

It was the minima which made the summer so cool- minima was further away from average than the maxima, coolest minima in summer for 23 years.

And i'd like your winter 2012/13 while your at it. We don't know this winter so commenting on summer next year is ridiculous, you also missed the slight matter of spring...

Good god...

We all know you're a wum, but at least up your performance.