Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mild Weather

Cookie

Posted

It's the predictability of the weather recently that is most odd, slate grey skies guaranteed Monday - Wednesday with a bit more brightness every Thursday before the weekly rains on Friday and then an increasingly bright weekend has been the story for weeks here and I see it's looking the same again this week :lol:

Posted

I also discovered yesterday my first crop of olives has just started on two of my olive trees, now they aren't going to last long surely?

Posted

Not sure where to post this but feel like posting it, these ensembles show this quite well: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=ens;sess= It's typical how now the ensemble mean is constantly significantly above average, where as in summer that wasn't possible and they were nearly always below average.

Still, it's certainly better to have this now than in January for example.

Posted

THIS November could end up the warmest since records began 353 years ago — as Britain enjoyed highs nudging 18°C (64°F) at the weekend.

Most of the country was hotter than SYRIA and CORFU as kids played on the beach in sunny Brighton, strawberries ripened in gardens and autumn leaves refused to fall. And last night forecasters said the warm weather will continue this week, with 15°C expected in the South. The Met Office said: "There are no signs of any cold weather setting in."

This autumn has already seen the sixth warmest September and eighth warmest October on record. The average central England temperature so far this month is over 10.6°C — a figure more common in May and well clear of the November record of 10.1°C in 1994.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3933246/Britains-hotter-than-Syria.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Stupid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

If only we could get this above averageness in summer! Not that I'm complaining temperature wise lately as it is saving a ton of gas. The cloud of course is the problem.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Dull drizzle this getting rather annoying same tomorrow as well slight chance the sun may appear Wednesday.

Posted

Don't mind mild south westerlies as they are dry and sunny just as long as they don't last for weeks at a time.

The southerly/south easterly dross endured this autumn is a different matter enitrely. This past week has been about the most detestable spell of autumn weather I can recall. Day after day of dark, murky gloom and drizzle with temperatures stuck between 9 and 11C :bad: . No sun for 6 out of 7 days - only on Saturday when the wind was from S.W. did we get a respite from this garbage.

There have been no very mild conditions here during October and November except at night. Just 2 days in November have reached 12C and only just: 12.3C on the 1st and 12.4C on the 12th - two days when the vile S.E. winds weren't blowing. Normally the warmest days of November would see more like 14 or 15C here.

Should have seen the first air frost nearly a month ago but the lowest I have recorded has been a ridiculous +0.8C.

Can't bear the prospect of this depressing rot continuing over winter :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

And more of the same grey drizzle mild rubbish today. Sadly it seems less optimistic for sunny spells tomorrow.

Posted

And more of the same grey drizzle mild rubbish today.

+ some additional fog as well down here for good measure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

+ some additional fog as well down here for good measure!

Some brightness here, looking promising for a little sunshine :)

Posted

It's a big 'no' for me all round really. Though I agree its better now than it is midwinter to have this tedious weather pattern

The only time I have enjoyed any sort of winter mild spell was during that exceptional period in February 1998, where there was some genuinely warm sunshine, in february after long periods of dark winter nights its more appealing

other than that I loathe it. Once October 31 has passed, can stay cold all the way to March 1, it never does but be ok with that

Not warm enough for T Shirts, not cold enough to feel 'fresh' and bar this November it more often than not brings rain, and even if it doesnt tends to bring murk in wintertime. For me it just feels utterly pointless and boring, though the odd big winter gale can relieve the tedium for a day or two

I also dont like the fascination it inspires in television meterologists, who seem to want to revel in the dullest of weather patterns and assume everyone enjoys it. Can totally understand why people dont like the cold [especiall the old and outdoor workers] but mild damp weather outside can lead to leakages, and a humid chill inside badly insulated properties as well. I think the UK winter climate is one of those halfway house ones where people cant seem to keep warm whatever the weather type due to it not being quite cold enough to ensure properly insulated houses and transport which can cope with more than a day of freezing temperatures, not to mention people continuing to build properties on floodplains

for me perhaps the ideal would be a winter climate like Beijing. Dry, cold and sunny. Much fresher and healthier [kills the bugs and we wont have the smog here], allows outdoor activities and feels seasonal too. This combined with a touch of Sapporo with occasional semi regular falls of snow for variety. Stuff like this november for example in December and January is about as enjoyable as having your testicles barbecued for me. Some proper cold winters may also encourage/force overdue investment in homes and transport too, as well as concerted action regarding cheaper sources of energy or against profiteering energy companies

Note to the media and public forecasters: not everyone thinks its a 'compensation' or a 'plus side' that mild weather is about. Is why as a bloke who grew up in the 90's I developed a deep rooted and visceral hatred of Sian Lloyd on ITV

Ahh, enjoyed that! :p

Edited by rich1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

I do like seasonal weather but if we are not to have cold and snow at this time of year, I am happy with what we have today. Sunny, mild and dry. Walking along the beach is very enjoyable, especially now most of the grokles (tourists) have gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm quite enjoying it actually. I'm still walking the streets in my T-shirt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'll take this (minus the rain and little more sun) until February.

I guess that's another one that'll go down like a lead balloon, but in a way I'm serious, it would be very spiriting for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I guess that's another one that'll go down like a lead balloon, but in a way I'm serious, it would be very spiriting for me.

Methinks more than a few 'lead balloons this winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Seconded.

OK it's a bit boring from a weather interest point of view, but I'd rather my wife didnt have to contend with ice and snow driving to and from work! Or me for that matter as I have an 80 mile round trip to do. Plus I hate sports fixtures being screwed by the weather. Keeps the fuel bills down as well.

Yep.. it can stay like this till April so far as I am concerned!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well this is a weather forum, not a 'let's be concerned about this or that' forum! :winky:

Posted

Seriously there is a time and a place for mild weather and the start of December is not it. I can imagine this current mild spell is what somewhere like the Shetland Islands is all year round.

Posted

I think you might be confusing Shetlands with Scilly... !

Not really. It seems every time i see the weather forecast for Shetland it's 12c no matter what time of year it is :D . I don't think anyone would wish to see the same type of conditions all year round. I don't think it would take long to get fed up with it.

Edited by No balls like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Living on an island surrounded by warmish seas our norm is mild in the winter and cool in the summer... a mediated climate with few extremes. It's what makes this part of the world so habitable compared to the plains of Siberia for example (hot in summer, deathly cold in the winter).

Personally I like a mixture in winter. If the norm was like today has turned out to be - sunny and fairly mild (12c) with the odd cold snap that would suit me. No way I want endless extreme cold as its expensive, dangerous and inconvenient. We do need rain of course and if I could pick my rainy months they would be Oct to March.

The endless low cloud we've had is indeed awful though - but then mild doesn't always equal dull in the same way cold doesn't always equal sunny/clear.

Besides I'm off to Poland for new years so I'm guaranteed snow and cold this year!

Posted

I'm quite enjoying it actually. I'm still walking the streets in my T-shirt!

That's fine Pete, but couldn't you put some shorts or trousers on too? :acute:

Besides I'm off to Poland for new years so I'm guaranteed snow and cold this year!

and a vodka induced headache?