Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Not Snowed Club 2011-2012

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Welcome to the NSC - Not Snowed Club!

post-11361-0-96964800-1321332309_thumb.p

We have the No Storms Club, so i thought it would be fun to start a Not Snowed Club.

Please discuss/chat about your no snow! :)

Are we going to be waiting long :lazy: or maybe some might just turn up and get us out of the not snowed club! :cold:

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

early december maybe if gfs 00z. been a long time since ive seen snow here. boxing day if i remember

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I cant remember snow since the start of january last year, could be end of december, i wait for snow like thunderstorms in summer.

Hope this thread goes ok, not sure how its going to go! can be moved, not sure wheres best place for it. a place to chat about snow so that should be fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

could be a no frost club 2 :D well any wintry weather. do u know of any snow over the ski resorts in scotland as of yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Greetings! :') I would like to become a member of your club sir. Thank you very much.

Must admit, I am really, really, really, really, really (times a million) looking forward to some of that lovely white stuff! But I seem to be suffering from that disease, Snowmonia, at the moment. :sorry:

What is Snowmonia?

A common disease caught across various weather sites in late-autumn that causes servere snow seperation anxiety.

What does it make you do?

First, you start thinking about snow more than usual. This gets more and more frequent until you start looking at each run of every weather model begging for the white stuff, and when it doesn't show you what you want, you throw your weather book against the computer screen in anger and begin watching videos of snow on YouTube. You keep watching more.... and more... and more... until eventually, you do nothing else but surround yourself with snowy images and thoughts. You can't sleep, you can't eat, you're just left their with your snowy-starved mind. It might even get so bad that you take a boat to the Artic region and live their. Forever! And if it doesn't make you do that, you will end up staring at the weather models 24 hours a day, until... a Northerly appears right at the end of the charts.

What's the cure?

Only when you see cold weather appear within the reliable-timeframe of the weather models, will you start to lose the influence of Snowmonia! I would also cut off the electricity supply to your house to prevent you accessing the internet and TV. No internet and TV means no weather model and forecast watching, which means less chance of you catching Snowmonia!

...Fortunately, the latest GFS does show potential of something colder in deep FI (he he hee), and although likely to change, it's still fab to see some colder scenarios emerging.

I wish everyone a snowy good luck and hope that Winter brings you that something special. That snow will come and gang up on us one day, I just know it. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

7th January was the last time I saw snow, hope it doesn't pass the one year mark with no snow!! Good luck all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The last day I saw falling snow as the 21st of February, last day I saw lying snow was the 19th of February.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No snow in 2011! I'll join on that one!

Posted

I would like to be in this club please :good: as my family and friends have already warned me that they cannot go another winter with me talking non stop about snow prospects. They say they cannot put up with the "Highs" I experience when snow is forecast and the constant lamp post watching I subsequently participate in, which are then quickly followed by the deep lows and anxiety and then anger, followed by depression that follows me after we, here in Magor (as per usual) miss out on the white stuff. Not really looking great so far for most of us yet, but I still have faith ;-). Hoping this new club will allow us all to be able to participate in this great rollercoaster of highs and lows together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I would like to be in this club please :good: as my family and friends have already warned me that they cannot go another winter with me talking non stop about snow prospects. They say they cannot put up with the "Highs" I experience when snow is forecast and the constant lamp post watching I subsequently participate in, which are then quickly followed by the deep lows and anxiety and then anger, followed by depression that follows me after we, here in Magor (as per usual) miss out on the white stuff. Not really looking great so far for most of us yet, but I still have faith ;-). Hoping this new club will allow us all to be able to participate in this great rollercoaster of highs and lows together.

I used to experience these highs and lows everytime snow was forecasd did or didn't happen.. I then saw the bigger picture and now it doesn't bother me as such.. I combatted it by having an interest that went against having a lot of snow. Then again we still get disappointed when the first snow of the season doesn't materialise.

Posted

Are you saying the first snow of the season is not going to happen? :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well given my location, we only had about 3cm the whole of the winter last year here, so I guess I'll be here to the bitter end.

But it would be nice to be wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Annoyingly there could be a very good chance of many going over 1 year without Snow. It only serves to highlight further how incredibly boring 2011 has been on the whole. There have been some extremes but very spread out.

7th January was our last snow and that only last a couple of hours. Last proper snow was about 22nd December 2010. Winter will be late this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

could be a no frost club 2 :D well any wintry weather. do u know of any snow over the ski resorts in scotland as of yet?

As far as I know all the ski centres are closed at present due to them been green rather than white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Annoyingly there could be a very good chance of many going over 1 year without Snow. It only serves to highlight further how incredibly boring 2011 has been on the whole. There have been some extremes but very spread out.

7th January was our last snow and that only last a couple of hours. Last proper snow was about 22nd December 2010. Winter will be late this year.

Dont think you can call it boring with 17 individual records broken

Boring if you like building snowman

Posted

It's been boring weatherwise, lack of snow, frost and thunderstorms, lack of rain and wind. Warm weather at the wrong time of year, warm weather gone to waste, I'm sure it would have been more interesting if all of this occurred in summer.

Posted

Hello all, I'm kinda new here, I look forward tp learning more and more about, models, meteorology and weather in general during my time on here adding to my current extremely limited knowledge on the subject.

Can I join seeing as it's very likely that I'll be sitting here waiting for my beloved snow throughout December and possibly beyond whilst this mild rubbish continues. :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It's been boring weatherwise, lack of snow, frost and thunderstorms, lack of rain and wind. Warm weather at the wrong time of year, warm weather gone to waste, I'm sure it would have been more interesting if all of this occurred in summer.

Thunderstorms have been on the decline for a while now due to less heat been imported from Spain,

Not a fan of Gales as they cause damage and take lives sometimes so in that respect they have not been missed.

Lack of snow it will arrive (As much as 2010 and as widespread will be unlikely) though many could well go a full year without the white stuff.

Posted

As far as I know all the ski centres are closed at present due to them been green rather than white.

Fraid so - after some promise in mid-October I am struggling to remember any November in which there has been so little wintry ppn over Scottish mountains. This time last year everything above about 700m asl was white - a couple of weeks later everything above 0m asl was white!

That said, the typical pattern going back decades is for the Scottish ski-season only to really get going after Christmas, even into the new year in the west. The last two years were not really typical. Last year was almost a reversal of the usual pattern, with a real lack of spring snow. There have also been seasons like 2002-3 with a massive early dump of snow but underwhelming levels of snow thereafter, so don't mind the current situation too much as long as there is some prospect of change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It's a miracle! ;') Could this be the very thing to get us out of the club?

Deep seated Northerly, and chilly uppers!

post-10703-0-13086300-1321377150_thumb.p

Shame it's rather far away in the land of Fantasy Island!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Backtrack, December 6, 2011 - Like a baws.
Hidden by Backtrack, December 6, 2011 - Like a baws.

I've had snow in 2011, and it will snow at some point in January and February.

Couple of questions:

1) Can I design you a better logo?

2) Can I change the name to the 'No snow club' ?

Edited by Backtrack