Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Not Snowed Club 2011-2012

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

I tend not to join these boards until some snow is immenent. I've been watching the Winter threads like a hawk as i've had no snow since early Jan....I think. Definately had lying snow on Christmas Day.

I am now however entering "Snowmonia". There isn't even a sniff of it on the horizon and only just in FI. I am clinging onto every hope that set ups will change very quickly and show a sharp change to coooooold weather and elusive white stuff, but reading the Model Threads and other Winter threads it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Not even my frowned upon "forcasting by nature" is showing signs of winter. Plenty of berries...no birds stripping them yet....no squirrals "going nuts". Although i cling horribly to the "November cold enough to bear a duck, rest of winter will be nowt but slush and muck" therefore twisted logic.....warm November very cold winter.

Posted

Well, here in this part of the West Midlands, we had to wait a little bit longer for our snow two winters ago...but when it did come it delivered. We were only 4 or 5 days behind other people anyway. Last November/December we were a couple of days behind other people too then we got a quick 2-3cm. Of course we more than made up for it on the 18th December.

So we'll have to wait and see if we lag a little bit behind in the West Midlands again. We usually end up waiting for that easterly to blow a bit stronger...or the north westerly to align itself better...but we do get there in the end!

We're a patient lot on this side of the M5!

Edited by Gord

Posted

The last snow falling, well snow and rain was 19 February, the last snow falling was 7 Jjanuary with a very thin snow cover on 4 January at 0900 Z.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It's a miracle! ;') Could this be the very thing to get us out of the club?

Deep seated Northerly, and chilly uppers!

post-10703-0-13086300-1321377150_thumb.p

Shame it's rather far away in the land of Fantasy Island!

It's something to latch onto to keep us calm during this boring spell, maybe it doesn't veritfy but it could and for the first time since Feb, i'm also starting to search for a possible cold spell or Atlantic spell after enjoying the mild november so far i'm ready for cold and snow.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

Lying Snow and Snowfall so far in 2011 for me:

JANUARY 5TH - SNOWFALL

JANUARY 7TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

JANUARY 8TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

JANUARY 9TH - LYING SNOW

JANUARY 10TH - LYING SNOW

JANUARY 12TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

JANUARY 13TH - LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 3RD - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 4TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 7TH - SNOWFALL

FEBUARY 14TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 19TH - SNOWFALL

FEBUARY 21ST - SNOWFALL

MARCH 9TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

MARCH 10TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 11TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 12TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

MARCH 13TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 14TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 15TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

NO of SNOWFALL DAYS = 17, NO of LYING SNOW DAYS = 12

MY LAST DAY OF SNOW WAS ON MARCH 15TH.

Not bad eh, and I'm hoping for more in December aswell as the rest of the 2011/2012 Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Well guys i hope i'l be wellcomed in this club i hope i don't haf to be a membor for long. I hope we get good snowfall in brum this winter.

Posted

It's a miracle! ;') Could this be the very thing to get us out of the club?

Deep seated Northerly, and chilly uppers!

post-10703-0-13086300-1321377150_thumb.p

Shame it's rather far away in the land of Fantasy Island!

So much for that then:

post-15774-0-50076500-1321398976_thumb.p

Looks like I'm going to be here for quite some time yet unfortunately :(

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted

So much for that then:

Having no snow by the 2nd of December is fine and I wouldn't worry about it. But if there was no snow by Xmas and no sign of it to come then I would be getting worried (especially IF I was living in England in which some places haven't seen any snow in 2011). Last year's big freeze was amazing and we were lucky to have another freeze in the 2nd part of the month. Basically, I think having such an active period of snow in Early December could leave the festive period not being snowy.

Although I love my December snowfall, I especially love it during the festive period between the day you put the tree up to the day you put it down so for me my perfect time frame for a severe cold spell is between the 12th of December and January and especially 18th December to 6th January. Really my perfect cold spell would be the intenisty of Nov/Dec 2010 and the timeframe of Dec 2009/Jan 2010.

Personally, I feel that we are due a pretty a decent cold spell in December sometime after the 10th day of the month as I believe we may evolve into a slightly more favourable pattern for snow as December progreses (and I've got a sneak feeling it could be around Xmas). Also, during the mildest of winter months we can still get snow so to have a December without snow would (for me) seem rare as well as the circumstane of a snowless year for parts of England and an Autumn (and a bit) deprived of any cold so for me we are long overdue cold and snow and I feel that we will get it in December though I think we will need to be patient. It's best to get rid of this no cold/snow zone situation done and over with now, leaving for some more promising prospects in December, aswell as even more promising prospects from Christmas Day and beyond for even better cold and snow.

So we need to be patient and sensible about winter as no snow by Christmas Day doesn't mean winter is over (just look at 1946/1947). So we've got three months of winter ahead (and a Spring) and I feel that we will have our fare share of cold and snow this winter with this terrible pattern we've been stuck with for a while over sometime in December leading to prospects of snow in December and decent cold and snow after Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dont think you can call it boring with 17 individual records broken

Boring if you like building snowman

Ok yes we have had some records in that respect but otherwise its not been overly Thundery across the UK, many cloudy, dry days. Winter died post New year and now its very boring again. Its hardly been an interesting year with just the occasional days sticking out. Only April is the real interesting month of the year imo.

Posted

Ok yes we have had some records in that respect but otherwise its not been overly Thundery across the UK, many cloudy, dry days. Winter died post New year and now its very boring again. Its hardly been an interesting year with just the occasional days sticking out. Only April is the real interesting month of the year imo.

However this can evolve into more interesting years for Weather in the future.

If anyone has got data about La Nina, It would be helpful to find out a pattern or link with two la Nina years in a row and its effect on the winter/weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

So much for that then:

Nooooooooo...

To be fair, though, it was likely to change anyway with it being in deep FI. Really could do with those models to start showing colder outcomes with the reliable time-frame, or I'm going to use a big light-saber and take out that Euro Hight to the East! ;') But I do kinda agree with A Winter's Tale, I think we are going to have to be patient about the arrival of snowy weather, as it could be a little while till our powerful snow shields break.

Posted

Good to see that at least you two are staying optimistic.

Who knows, come late December, January or even early February we could very well be looking back at this period laughing and wondering what the fuss was all about.

Fingers crossed, eh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I've had snow in 2011, and it will snow at some point in January and February.

Couple of questions:

1) Can I design you a better logo?

2) Can I change the name to the 'No snow club' ?

No! :)

I did think about no snow club but wanted something different.

What you can do Backtrack if you want is make a logo that members can put at the bottom of there posts(signature) and put what text you want. Thanks for the replies everyone and this is the place to chat about snow and nothing else! :lol:

The thread is for autumn/winter/spring 2011/2012 although you can chat about other years if you like!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

We have had 10 days of falling snow in 2011

8 in January, and 2 in February.

I had notable lying snow on the 7th/8th of January, and the 19th/20th of February (both 7cm).

There were numerous mornings in January with a dusting of snow (4th, 6th, 7th, 27th, 28th).

So we have a lack of snow falling from the sky, only 10 days (vs an average of say 30+)

But we've done well in terms of settling snow, even during the very mild February.

Posted

Lying Snow and Snowfall so far in 2011 for me:

JANUARY 5TH - SNOWFALL

JANUARY 7TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

JANUARY 8TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

JANUARY 9TH - LYING SNOW

JANUARY 10TH - LYING SNOW

JANUARY 12TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

JANUARY 13TH - LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 3RD - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 4TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 7TH - SNOWFALL

FEBUARY 14TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

FEBUARY 19TH - SNOWFALL

FEBUARY 21ST - SNOWFALL

MARCH 9TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

MARCH 10TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 11TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 12TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

MARCH 13TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 14TH - SNOWFALL

MARCH 15TH - SNOWFALL, LYING SNOW

NO of SNOWFALL DAYS = 17, NO of LYING SNOW DAYS = 12

MY LAST DAY OF SNOW WAS ON MARCH 15TH.

Not bad eh, and I'm hoping for more in December aswell as the rest of the 2011/2012 Winter.

show off :acute: Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Good luck all, hope you get some snow this winter and spring :D I'm usually quite lucky when it comes to snow but never storms as you all know!! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

had 15 cm of snow so far this november..snowing heavily today another 10cm predicted before tomorrow morning

Posted

had 15 cm of snow so far this november..snowing heavily today another 10cm predicted before tomorrow morning

%&*# off! (lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

BD Language! :rofl:

Im a snow lover get me outta here!

When we do get snow then a 'Snowed club' can be set up by someone!

Posted

%&*# off! (lol)

its till snowing here...-19c too boot :p

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

its till snowing here...-19c too boot :p

Will that be there until spring now, cm?

Posted

Will that be there until spring now, cm?

Definelty will be here now until the end of March...craving green fields already

Posted

Definelty will be here now until the end of March...craving green fields already

Off topic! its the Not Snowed club! :lol: only joking. any photos of your snow then CM? Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Off topic! its the Not Snowed club! :lol: only joking. any photos of your snow then CM?

sure check out the north american section on the worldwide weather section i posted a cpl pix there yesterday