Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I must say i agree with mark regarding snow or any kind of interesting weather here in my neck of the woods in brum by the villa. I don't think we will c any snow this week or the coming weekend. I wish i'm so wrong and we c snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well, more models are now significantly downgrading Friday now. Still very windy for a time mind. Very windy for a time tonight/tomorrow also and then a risk of wintry showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, more models are now significantly downgrading Friday now. Still very windy for a time mind. Very windy for a time tonight/tomorrow also and then a risk of wintry showers.

O6z GFS keeps the southern sliding momentum going for fridays system, in fact it's reverting back to earlier runs (from last friday I believe) when it showed this system as a channel low...Also this particular run would be of interest to us, as it would produce the potential of a heavy snow event for the Midlands!

Posted

O6z GFS keeps the southern sliding momentum going for fridays system, in fact it's reverting back to earlier runs (from last friday I believe) when it showed this system as a channel low...Also this particular run would be of interest to us, as it would produce the potential of a heavy snow event for the Midlands!

You mean we might have snow rather than high winds? Bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The 6z GFS ensembles are interesting, as has been said elsewhere. For this neck of the woods, the 2m (air) temperatures don't really get above 5C on any run from tomorrow until about the 19th, with the exception of the bump for Friday's system: -- which itself is far from nailed on:

http://176.31.229.22...run=6&runpara=0

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Crazy wind vectors over the area ATM

Main rain band on the way

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes I was thinking this. GFS hinting at it too though nothing significant. We shall wait and see. Till then, a yellow warning for snow showers Tomorrow and Wednesday. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

12z NAE quite keen on snow showers in our region once tonight's main rain has passed through, ie tomorrow and into Wednesday, though the impression is that not many will get very far inland. Even if it's cold enough at this altitude, I may be a bit sheltered by the Welsh mountains here, though I remember one shower (23 Dec 2009) that made it here right the way from Aberystwyth and gave us 2 cm or so. :)

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

True Arctic Hare, though a strong wind should swiftly blow a good few over. BBC graphics showing this. Fax charts are toying about with some troughs/occlusions etc. Tomorrow onwards will hold some surprises I feel. If we can get some snow on Thursday Night from that Southerly tracking low (If the GFS is right!) that will be a bonus but details are very sketchy right now on that.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

No weather warnings for me but it will be interesting to see who does get to see some snow showers - will be the first flakes of winter for some I think.

Meanwhile I'll keep patiently waiting...

Interesting weather at the moment though I think. Model watching is complete rollercoaster!

Posted

Nice to see im not out on my own regarding my thoughts i said yesterday of the potential for snow during this week from tuesday evening through to thursday which imo will be extended pass that time frame should the low on friday weve all been talking about head further south. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wouldn't at all be suprised if you got snow Friday.. Why... Because I'm not here.

You see?...we don't have to spend millions on computer model software, or trawl through the cyber-jungle of the model output discussion thread, we just tell you to bugger off on holiday for a week and we're guaranteed to get whatever weather we desire! :w00t:

Posted

Aha, if you do get some make the most :D, oh and get me some pics yeah!

You see?...we don't have to spend millions on computer model software, or trawl through the cyber-jungle of the model output discussion thread, we just tell you to bugger off on holiday for a week and we're guaranteed to get whatever weather we desire! :w00t:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Fingers crossed for something wintry, thought I shant be excited until I see it falling out of the sky (not being pessmistic - just that's the way it is here).

Anyone reckon a few showers could make it accross later on tonight and into the early hours of the morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

do you think setup will last all the way till christmas

Posted

Just because we haven't got any warnings, doesn't mean we're not going to get any snow. it just means we won't get 'disrupted' by snow, but we still could have covering?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Are the uppers even sufficient for snow in the next couple of days. The word marginal comes into my mind, or 'over highest ground' ie Staffs moorlands, peak district etc.

Posted

interestingly the west midlands (or at least my part..lol) is under met office advisory/warning for snow tuesday/wednesday...secondary LP on wednesday could especially make things interesting if it verifies

Posted

Are the uppers even sufficient for snow in the next couple of days. The word marginal comes into my mind, or 'over highest ground' ie Staffs moorlands, peak district etc.

The 'uppers' are absolutely fine, in fact, very good for snowfall, the ground temperature will be around 2-3'c so the snow may melt somewhat as it settles, but we should get a covering overnight.

13thdec2011uppers.png

Fridays looks very interesting too, with the low running to the south of us, we could get a sustantial amount of snow, or even blizzard conditions.

16thdec2011snowevent.png

16thdec2011uppers.png

And some really cold air comes in on sunday!

18thdec2011sundayuppers.png

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still chance then wednesday night of a 5th Jan 1998 setup? where a low moved across the midlands during PM airstream, bringing 3 hours of very heavy snow, giving 2 inches after rain? and that happened at lunchtime, more chance at night