Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted

Hi Guys & Gals

I've been following these past 4 threads since this discussion began now, i thought id stop lurking & sign up, LOL

I think this is possibly the most informative weather forum online, UK, you guys are very knowledgeable and have been spot on with the past events, i think i'll stick around here, thank you!

Ok so i have been following this incoming storm for nearly two weeks now, i must say, ive never know or seen so much confusion i still don't think the path of this storm has been nailed yet, there are so many thing that could change the outcome of this storm in a matter of hours, i still think the possible northern track, "MetO 2nd option" could very well happen, should the jet stream suddenly change which it is prone to do, then we could potentially see this thing swing north,

Should the decaying low that has recently come in from north to then sweep in over the south of england last night keep traveling south, with the HP over Spain, with Monday/Tuesdays moving back North out to over Iceland...

Is it possible this thing could be pushed north as it moves past last night LP & the HP over Spain?

I just don't see this think on the train tracks ramming into Northern France,

Something like this perhaps?

jet_stream_over_europe_in_2007.gif

Don't see why it should looking at the Camborne midday ascent and the jet. Warm air aloft ties in with the thickening As then Ns that arrived this PM.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Hi Guys & Gals

I've been following these past 4 threads since this discussion began now, i thought id stop lurking & sign up, LOL

I think this is possibly the most informative weather forum online, UK, you guys are very knowledgeable and have been spot on with the past events, i think i'll stick around here, thank you!

Ok so i have been following this incoming storm for nearly two weeks now, i must say, ive never know or seen so much confusion i still don't think the path of this storm has been nailed yet, there are so many thing that could change the outcome of this storm in a matter of hours, i still think the possible northern track, "MetO 2nd option" could very well happen, should the jet stream suddenly change which it is prone to do, then we could potentially see this thing swing north,

Should the decaying low that has recently come in from north to then sweep in over the south of england last night keep traveling south, with the HP over Spain, with Monday/Tuesdays moving back North out to over Iceland...

Is it possible this thing could be pushed north as it moves past last night LP & the HP over Spain?

I just don't see this think on the train tracks ramming into Northern France,

Something like this perhaps?

jet_stream_over_europe_in_2007.gif

if that happens some places in the south/east could get a 1987 i still think this thing still not nailed down

Just in from the GFS 12z

It still shows the worst over the winds over France with Southern England missing the worse of it. The GFS has nudged it just very slightly more North but hardly makes any difference at all from this morning's model runs.

And after this event the colder air will come into play,

The snow, sleet, frost and ice risk for Friday morning,

Posted

It still shows the worst over the winds over France with Southern England missing the worse of it. The GFS has nudged it just very slightly more North but hardly makes any difference at all from this morning's model runs.

Owww does to me!!!! That shows the wind coming straight in my front door now and disrupting all the Christmas lights I hung up so carefully!!

At least the main gusts are further toward France now

21_25.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

We have gone from 6.2C to 4.9C in the space of 20 minutes, wow! :good:

Posted

well, it looks as though it's running straight down the throat of the NDBC Bouy at 62029 the plot s hows how pressure has dropped off a cliff in the last 4 hours

Actual link for all the data at the bouy is http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62029

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

At least the main gusts are further toward France now

Yes, it could be quite breezy in La Rochelle tomorrow morning !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Excellent, I think I'll be tuning into that early on tomorrow !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

hi im normally a forum 'stalker' but i have been hearing mentions of 1987 and 100mph winds, i am a little worried right now and i have vulnerable relatives living in the south coast is there anything i can do?

This is what happens when silly people scare others. No need to worry at all!

Some stations I will be keeping a watch on this evening and tonight,

Wind Speed: 33mph

Pressure: 1016mb

Wind Speed: 30mph to 44mph

Pressure: 1002mb

Wind Speed: 40mph

Pressure: 1004mb

Wind Speed: 31mph

Pressure: 1004mb

Wind Speed: 31mph

Pressure: 1007mb

Some more will be added as the time gets closer.

Posted

hi im normally a forum 'stalker' but i have been hearing mentions of 1987 and 100mph winds, i am a little worried right now and i have vulnerable relatives living in the south coast is there anything i can do?

Hi SN and welcome!

Here's what I posted earlier in response to a similar question:

Really, don't worry about that style of weather in this scenario. It might be windy, even quite blustery along the coast with lots of rain for many and snow for some. But without repeating those immortal words of Mr Fish.......

I live in the area you are talking about and I shall be quite safely tucked up in bed without any fears later! :good:

Posted

latest K1 Buoy reports

Wind Direction (WDIR): SW ( 230 deg true ) graph04.gif Wind Speed (WSPD): 18.0 m/s graph04.gif Wave Height (WVHT): 6.8 m graph04.gif Average Period (APD): 9 sec graph04.gif Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 990.0 mb graph04.gif Pressure Tendency (PTDY): -7.7 mb ( Falling Rapidly ) graph04.gif Air Temperature (ATMP): 13.6 °C graph04.gif Water Temperature (WTMP): 13.3 °C graph04.gif Dew Point (DEWP): 12.6 °C

Posted

This is what happens when silly people scare others. No need to worry at all!

Exactly. Some posters on here recently really need to take a look at themselves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Precipitation forecasts. 21,00,03,06,09.

Holey moley that's makes it very wet here tonight! I better check the buckets in the conservatory are ready to receive more rain :fool:

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

Some posts on here have been over the top or trying to wind up and mislead people. Some of us on here try our very best by providing the latest weather charts and letting everyone know what is the most likely outcome.

Edited by weathermaster

Posted

Holey moley that's makes it very wet here tonight! I better check the buckets in the conservatory are ready to receive more rain :fool:

Get yer wellies out PP!

hir_prec_eur21.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
Posted · Hidden by Purplepixii, December 15, 2011 - double-post somehow!
Hidden by Purplepixii, December 15, 2011 - double-post somehow!

Precipitation forecasts. 21,00,03,06,09.

Posted

Best of luck my fellow leaky conservatory friend. I have only one bucket but I'm further north.