Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 2)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

My confidence is getting lower with each passing hour :(

it will be fine :D Imagine the next battleground :D

Posted

Evening Jackone/Marcus surfer,

I'm in dunvant, how confident are you guys that this prceipitation is going to change to the white stuff tonight?

P.S any chance someone can put up a link to a radar please.

just type in rain radar in google and click

Posted

Just as the sleet decided to turn to snow here in Pontyberem (between Llanelli & Carmarthen) it has eased off and almost completely stopped. Argh! Frustrating! Hope that isn't our lot.

Really shocked you have nothing still snowing here, and it is sticking now on the road we have about 3mm accumilations

Posted

Just been up to Snowdonia.

Snow line was 300m, where there was around an inch. It was coming down heavy in an un-forecast strong 40mph wind (Met Office screwed that up)

Snow falling level is about 200m, and it's currently sleeting at about 100-150m.

CRACKING day out, pictures to follow. :D

0.0C at 400m.

I too went through snowdonia on the a470 & there was snow but it was quite high! Reports coming through now that low level snow is around my location(caernarfon) so the snow line has fallen a lot! Hope it snows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Really shocked you have nothing still snowing here, and it is sticking now on the road we have about 3mm accumilations

I think it's time I moved a few miles up the road!

Posted

Still snowing lightly here, finally starting to settle. I'm right on the snowline, 10-20m up the hill the fields are white, here the grass is just tinged with white and not settling on the path/patio yet, but should do soon I hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I didn't expect any but seeing as you have some it got my hopes up! Completely stopped here now. Enjoy! :D

Posted

just had a look on rain radar and to be honest there is still quite a bit of this system to move over us by the looks of it,i didnt think it was quite as big as it is,maybe just maybe if these temps do drop we could be lucky,it is snowing up here now and the snow line is dropping in fact it is at my garden gate now so maybe in another hr or so i may start to see some on the roads etc but temps need to drop and also needs to start to fall a bit heavier. open a beer now and wait lol

Posted

Brynamman - Starting to stick to the roads here,feeling quite cold now and has been snowing for the past two hours

down the valley from you still sleet here...hoping it heads this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Noticing that the dew point is dropping far far quicker than the temperature - I checked not so long ago and it was 1.8c, now its just 1.1c! yet the temperature is falling painfully slow 2.9c

Posted

Sticking here now on grass and cars,about 1cm,but roads still clear.

According to the latest charts,this could be a very short lived affair so make the most of the next few days if you're lucky enough to see any snow.

Posted

Good news here is that the dew point temp has dropped almost a degree to 1.3 from 2.1 about 1 1/2 ago. Fingers crossed!

Noticing that the dew point is dropping far far quicker than the temperature - I checked not so long ago and it was 1.8c, now its just 1.1c! yet the temperature is falling painfully slow 2.9c

Yes same here temp is droped about 0.2 but dew point is now down to 1.3 from 2.1.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temperature in Bridgend now 2.4C with a dp of 1C, the rain has gotten heavier also and is now turning more sleety!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

So are things likely to change ? or shall i just give up and look forward to missing out on the next battleground as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Lower than rhosgad mate?

I too went through snowdonia on the a470 & there was snow but it was quite high! Reports coming through now that low level snow is around my location(caernarfon) so the snow line has fallen a lot! Hope it snows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The lying snow was at car park level (300m) at the bottom of the mountain, so yep, it's still very high. This event didn't warrant a Met Office warning IMO.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

This is nice watching the gentle fluffy proper snowflakes fall past the lamppost!

Radar has perked up a bit too, plenty more to come during the evening, hopeful of a covering.