Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 2)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light rain, moderate rain at times falling here between Llanelli and Carmarthen. You lot in the East enjoy it, try and send some my way though! Can't see it getting quite cold enough here though unfortunately. Oh well! Another missed event!

Posted

Been damp last couple of hours - sleet now appearing in the mix with bits of snow - here we go - wet on the ground - will take a little while to get a hold - but I would have thought within the hour we should have something white on the ground - here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Virtually right on cue - thank you Met office! - 3.30pm delivery and 3.30pm it was - better than your standard delivery service - Do you want morning or afternoon? :sorry:

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Been damp last couple of hours - sleet now appearing in the mix with bits of snow - here we go - wet on the ground - will take a little while to get a hold - but I would have thought within the hour we should have something white on the ground - here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Will it stick with me? snowy sleet here....2.6'c DP 1.5'c

Posted

Puddles here mate lol, this snow is going to have to be very heavy to stick!

Posted

i have officially given up hope now! its not raining hard enough for anything to change to snow even if temps do drop. been steady 4 degrees all day no change.

Posted

Varying between sleet and snow here, just when I think it's all snow, it's back to sleet. But there is definite progress, admittedly rather slow.

Still rain here on the coast although temp and dew point are both falling allbeit it slowly. Currently

Dew: 2.1 and temp 3.3

Posted

temps now drooped to 0 and snow is starting to build up on patio table, shame we had rain first it's going to have to work hard to accumalte on the ground :(

Posted

temps now drooped to 0 and snow is starting to build up on patio table, shame we had rain first it's going to have to work hard to accumalte on the ground :(

Once one flake has stuck it gets easier.....

I have left dogs bowl on ground so when snow comes it has somewhere to start :D

Posted

You have snow in Upper Tumble?! It's still rain here, starting to turn just a little bit sleety but it's turned very, very light. I am in Pontyberem!

Posted

Hi CarmarthenshireWeather been snowing here for about an hour. we have our own little climate up here.

Hi Snowmad sam it will be getting dark soon, I thought the way to entice the snow was to offer your lampost a hob nob biscuit lol

Posted

Hi CarmarthenshireWeather been snowing here for about an hour. we have our own little climate up here.

Hi Snowmad sam it will be getting dark soon, I thought the way to entice the snow was to offer your lampost a hob nob biscuit lol

Tried...wanted Jamie Dodgers instead (Greedy!) will have to go and get some ;)

Posted

Temp now 2.6 - incredibly slow progress downwards, but at least it's heading in the right direction. :)

Still mostly rain with some sleety blobs.

Posted

]

New NAE 12z out and it looks like an upgrade for most of south wales

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Starts at 18:00

Yep looks to continue the trend of heavier precip further south. All of you worrying about rain I would fear not as it will turn to snow overnight and keep coming. I'd rather be in your situation than mine as I have snow at the moment but it is light and likely to die out overnight, whereas further south it intensifies.

Posted

Virtually right on cue - thank you Met office! - 3.30pm delivery and 3.30pm it was - better than your standard delivery service - Do you want morning or afternoon? :sorry:

yep and that should also be perfect for sunset/dusk at 4:46pm today. hope it decides to come down a little bit to A470! LOL

Posted

Haha you must do! To be fair, from the window I can see Tumble and it does look like you're getting something we aren't! Here's hoping we both get something anyway! I also see one of the black mountains in the very far distance too normally, can't see it today.. Hopefully (and I expect to) wake up seeing it covered!

New NAE 12z out and it looks like an upgrade for most of south wales

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Starts at 18:00

That looks very promising for some of you! Still touch and go for me!

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Quite misty here esp. around the Blorenge . Doesn't seem snowy weather. Temp as remained at around 3.2c since 12:30pm

They only way to get this snow going is to do something extreme. I'm going for a run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

not sure whats going on in Caerphilly as I think we're in the yellow zone at least (possibly amber, not sure from the metoffice map !) but all we've had for the Past few hours hs been drizzle. Its cold though. Hubby going to work in Tonypandy tonight, not sure If theres anything up there yet. I am so praying for snow but I'm a bit worried it will just do what it did before christmas . . . the rain turned to snow and it kept falling all night but the ground was so wet from the previous rain that none of it stuck !! : (

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

This winter is turning out to be very frustrating ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Rain has gone very very light, temp 3.2C... think this is going to take a while!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

]

Yep looks to continue the trend of heavier precip further south. All of you worrying about rain I would fear not as it will turn to snow overnight and keep coming. I'd rather be in your situation than mine as I have snow at the moment but it is light and likely to die out overnight, whereas further south it intensifies.

i soo hope your right because right now il be happy with what you hav got because all i have is puddles and my prediction is just for them to get deeper and wetter :(

Posted

Very gradually snow getting heavier here but still yet to stick and still "damp" feeling rather than cold,snowy feeling if you get what i mean.

Im supposed to be in a prime location for tonights snow so i'll update as often as i can.