Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 2)

A.J

Posted

Been sleety drizzle ("slizzle") here for the last 20mins or however long it's been since I last posted. Temp is 1.8c down from what I hope will be the max of 2.1c just over half an hour ago (would be lowest max of winter so far for me, beating the 2.2c on 14th Jan). Dewpoint is -0.4 so will hopefully turn to snow proper soon! Just wish the precip were a bit heavier. Still some ice on the ground from last night so any snow should settle especially if the dewpoint falls further.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

dewpoint has dropped from 3.5c to 2.7c over the past half hour.. it's going in the right direction at least

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Haha sorry only a bit of banter, how long did it take the swans to reach the promised land?. Keep trying and you may succeed in getting into our different class of football lol thats prem class. Rant over where is this snow damp and miserable so far here.

Forgiven! Especially as the football is more interesting than the weather for most this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Does anyone know the mean height of Snowdonia national park?

I'm on my way there right now, hoping to see some of the wintry stuff above about 150m before turning to snow at all levels later on tonight.

Cheers. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

:lol: tonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Forgiven! Especially as the football is more interesting than the weather for most this afternoon!

You are right wasnt expecting much but this is starting too make me miserable. I should be used to it but it hurts every time :(

Posted

well guys looking at rain radar we should all be under what they said was snow lol,just came in from bridgend (rain) drove over to pencoed(rain) blackmill (rain) ogmore vale (rain slight sleet mixed in) nantymoel (sleet) up with me sleet and few flakes, even up at nearly 600 asl sleet and bit more snow but nothing to shout home about. what is going to happen guys? is the temp to high? dew points wrong? cant see anything coming from this as its way to warm and also hardley anything coming down(so far).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Also have we not just gone past the warmest part of the day? So i guess temps should start to fall sometime soon! Its 3.9C here with light rain.

Posted

Does anyone know the mean height of Snowdonia national park?

I'm on my way there right now, hoping to see some of the wintry stuff above about 150m before turning to snow at all levels later on tonight.

Cheers. :D

Most of the roads in Snowdonia are in the valleys and hence not that high. Best bet would be to go up to Capel Curig (about 200m) and from there up to Pen-y-pass (360m)

The problem is that the precipitation is forecast to be lighter and shorter lasting than yesterday where it was quite heavy at times across most of Wales and lasting well into Tuesday. So I'm not expecting much, highest routes of the valleys will mainly see a decent covering I would say. Maybe slushy in most other places.

Posted

Most of the roads in Snowdonia are in the valleys and hence not that high. Best bet would be to go up to Capel Curig (about 200m) and from there up to Pen-y-pass (360m)

Cheers mate. :)

As I say, even the valleys will see snow later as the colder, continental air undercuts, and with winds from the East, the air is much drier, lowering dewpoints,

So for those of you who have not yet seen any snow, hang on in there, it'll come. :winky:

Posted

well guys looking at rain radar we should all be under what they said was snow lol,just came in from bridgend (rain) drove over to pencoed(rain) blackmill (rain) ogmore vale (rain slight sleet mixed in) nantymoel (sleet) up with me sleet and few flakes, even up at nearly 600 asl sleet and bit more snow but nothing to shout home about. what is going to happen guys? is the temp to high? dew points wrong? cant see anything coming from this as its way to warm and also hardley anything coming down(so far).

patience - Meto warning for snow starts around 3.30pm - anything before that is a bonus - and the warning lasts up to tomoz - 12 midday

damp here at the mo - keep the faith it's coming

Edited by andymusic

Posted

BBC website map just updated.... looks good for swansea later this evening...and my location 10 miles north...oddly though their symbols still show rain...guess it may be locally marginal

Posted

Some good news for you in Wales. The easterly wind seems to be kicking in a bit more over eastern England and dew points seem to be falling...and this trend is getting ever westwards.

It's slowly falling into place for you guys.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Some good news for you in Wales. The easterly wind seems to be kicking in a bit more over eastern England and dew points seem to be falling...and this trend is getting ever westwards.

The temperature is falling and I've got sleet, I expect it to turn to snow in 1-2hours hopefully maybe a bit later but the latest BBC weather graphics are very good.

Posted

Drizzly rain here in Hollywell now.

So the PPN is definitely here!

Posted

2m temperatures will be close to 0C at 6pm according to the NMM. So I was right, you'll all probably have a covering by tomorrow morning. Enjoy. :D

post-8895-0-87449100-1327846726_thumb.pn

Posted

Woo..things going west???