Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 2)

A.J

Posted

Very good NAE, the fact its showing a fairly decent area of snow as early as 18z on Sunday is very good to see, conditions will be getting steadily more favourable from then on so snow levels will continue to drop and the chances of it settling will really pick up in the late night period, especially on any elevation.

Posted

Aint on me ;-(

That's only the 18.00 (6pm in old money) - Sunday afternoon - front should be around till following Monday afternoon getting more snowier(less rain) - and most if not all of Wales should get a little white present out of this!

Posted

Very good NAE, the fact its showing a fairly decent area of snow as early as 18z on Sunday is very good to see, conditions will be getting steadily more favourable from then on so snow levels will continue to drop and the chances of it settling will really pick up in the late night period, especially on any elevation.

Thanks for the update .

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Certainly nice to have a bit of excitement in here, especially justified excitement :good:

Posted

Certainly nice to have a bit of excitement in here, especially justified excitement :good:

Its called ANDY MASS HYSTRIA :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Posted

Its called ANDY MASS HYSTRIA :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

S'pose I'm a kid at heart - don't know why I'm getting all excited mind - means I'll be trapped up here again - DOH! :fool:

Edited by andymusic

Posted

That's only the 18.00 (6pm in old money) - Sunday afternoon - front should be around till following Monday afternoon getting more snowier(less rain) - and most if not all of Wales should get a little white present out of this!

Thankyou andy , music to my ears :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :air_kiss::good::rofl:

Posted

S'pose I'm a kid at heart - don't know why I'm getting all excited mind - means I'll be trapped up here again - DOH! :fool:

Because life is a routine and snow throws routine out the window.Jamie have you any idea precipitation amounts for Sunday Monday? Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Just taking a look at the NAE data regarding the possible snow event on Sunday/Monday.

One thing that i noticed was the westward shift of colder (upper) air for the same time as seen here:

http://expert-images...2912_2_2712.gif < 12z

http://expert-images...2912_2_2718.gif < 18z

If that shift west continues to happen the frontal systems will also be further west which means little precipitation for Wales. However if that isn't the case i think its quite likely some snow will fall especially over eastern/central parts of Wales, wintry mix in the south gradually turning to snow Sunday night into Monday possibly as the dew points continue to fall as the flow turns more to the east off the cold continent:

http://expert-images...2918_2_2718.gif < Temperatures

http://expert-images...2918_2_2718.gif < surface flow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Just taking a look at the NAE data regarding the possible snow event on Sunday/Monday.

One thing that i noticed was the westward shift of colder (upper) air for the same time as seen here:

http://expert-images...2912_2_2712.gif < 12z

http://expert-images...2912_2_2718.gif < 18z

If that shift west continues to happen the frontal systems will also be further west which means little precipitation for Wales. However if that isn't the case i think its quite likely some snow will fall especially over eastern/central parts of Wales, wintry mix in the south gradually turning to snow Sunday night into Monday possibly as the dew points continue to fall as the flow turns more to the east off the cold continent:

http://expert-images...2918_2_2718.gif < Temperatures

http://expert-images...2918_2_2718.gif < surface flow

you missed out the WEST according to NAE:.. :p

nicely summed up though...:D

Edited by Snowmadsam

Posted

Just got back from Gritting my sites along the M4 corridor (Swansea - Cardiff). A little bit of rain around 9pm but short lived, but it is cold, not freezing but cold. :cold:

Surfaces at present are very wet so if temps do significantly drop, without a shadow of doubt the roads will be lethal tomorrow.

Posted

Sunday's mountain forecasts for Snowdonia and the Beacons make for pleasant reading, too...

http://www.metoffice...mountainsafety/

Edited by benb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

hi everyone, long time lurker/newbie posting here for the first time, and praying for some of the cold stuff to settle just outside of Caerphilly ! Dwi eisiau EIRA MAWR !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Morning just got in, the car was frozen from earlier rain showers...nice charts for next week and Sunday/Monday could be good if the front does make it to Wales.

Posted

love it andy!! great news! nothing wrong with excitement!

Posted

GFS -00z latest update for Wales -

WALES becomes the new LAPLAND

by Monday night Wales will be blanketed with snow - and the rest of next week we can sell tickets for sleigh rides and ski runs cause:-

it will be down to -15 during the night over the snow fields (crikey) - :smilz38:

and just make it back up to -5 during the day - :smilz38:

has anybody got a reindeer - might be good for business! :clapping: :smilz38: :drinks:

Lovely red sky this morning

Red sky in the morning - shepherds WARNING!

12013000_2800.gif

Mountain forecast from the meto for Sunday

Weather

Cloudy throughout the day with outbreaks of rain sleet and snow. Snow is likely at most levels, heavy on summits especially later on in the day. Considerable amounts of snow are likely at mid and high levels with blizzards likely giving very poor visibility and deep drifts in places.

Visibility

Very poor all day in both snow and hill fog.

Hill fog

Blanket hill fog all day down to low levels.

Maximum winds above 400m

Southeast 30 mph.

Temperature

Valleys Plus 1 Celsius 800 m Minus 2 Celsius. Freezing level 200 m.

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Rmgfs1474.gif

Looks like Wales will see the coldest temps late next week and into next weekend. Maybe because of a few feet of lying snow! :clap:

Models just get better & better.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

I can do better lol latest fax sees light sleet snow turning heavier as another front moves in,the heavier sleet snow with the lowering temps could give blizzards across all of Wales as front stalls.PPVL89.png

Posted

I can do better lol latest fax sees light sleet snow turning heavier as another front moves in,the heavier sleet snow with the lowering temps could give blizzards across all of Wales as front stalls.PPVL89.png

Looks perfectly positioned. We certainly look like having a few good opportunities over the next few days

Posted

Guessing south west wales is game on then for snow?

Posted

Maybe not to start with but when the 2 front bumps into the Ist front heavier precipitation dew point drops BINGO.

Posted

Yes a little low is shown and with lower pressure the precipitation should be heavier, I was supposed to go to Cardiff Monday morning!

Still some variety with models this morning with Ecm bringing the Atlantic proper next weekend but GFS keeps it at bay until deep FI.

Posted

Maybe not to start with but when the 2 front bumps into the Ist front heavier precipitation dew point drops BINGO.

At what time will this be?