Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

LOL...Really you look like that through the other 3 seasons Have faith....Change your pic. COME ON.

I'm a true coldie, I'm miserable if it's not freezing and there's no blizzards. As for my pic, not likely to be changed to anything but something I've designed :p, I hate pictures of me, absolutely hate them, this is the least hated picture I have.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

*steps into the East Anglia party*

Hey guys! Don't hog all the fun! Seriously though, what rate of precipitation are you guys seeing? Here in Northern Lincs its just been the occasional very-light flurry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

I wonder if theres any chance of Norwich/Lowestoft catching some of the fun. The Wash is getting it all again, same every year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

@Ian Suffolk

Now at this point I'd expect somebody to say 'right that's it I'm moving to Boston!' - could be anywhere though. Happens every year on one thread or another \o/

Edited by djrikki

Posted

*steps into the East Anglia party*

Hey guys! Don't hog all the fun! Seriously though, what rate of precipitation are you guys seeing? Here in Northern Lincs its just been the occasional very-light flurry.

If you live outside Lowestoft, Norwich and Peterborough you'll see a bit I reckon, however if you do live inside those places, it's bone dry. Unless of course you luck out with the one snow cloud within 10 miles.

Edited by etched Chaos

Posted

@Ian Suffolk

Now at this point I'd expect somebody to say 'right that's it I'm moving to Boston!' - could be anywhere though. Happens every year on one thread or another \o/

Boston!? Pfft, give me Svarlbard or Newfoundland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

I just need to get out of Lowestoft! Every time there is an easterly we are warned that the east coast is going to get a good pasting of snow. However come the event itself it usually happens 20-30 miles inland. I guess there is such a thing as being too far east!

I've got my eyes on the radar just hoping that some precipitation crops up a little farther south tonight.

Posted

I just need to get out of Lowestoft! Every time there is an easterly we are warned that the east coast is going to get a good pasting of snow. However come the event itself it usually happens 20-30 miles inland. I guess there is such a thing as being too far east!

I've got my eyes on the radar just hoping that some precipitation crops up a little farther south tonight.

The grass is not always greener. I used to live in North Herts, then I lived in Cheltenham and finally in Lowestoft and everytime I think I'm moving to a better snow place and what happens my last home gets pasted. This East Coast thing bugs me the most though, 20 miles furth North and I'd have much more luck. That Feb '09 snowfall everyone waxes lyrical about, was a dull barely a dusting time for us. Don;t get me started on last Winter either, I swear the weather was messing with us on purpose then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Bone chillingly cold here this morning :cold:

Temperature -5.2 °C

Windchill -5 °C

Dew Point -10 °C

post-10773-0-82150800-1328167259_thumb.j

Posted

If anything fell it didnt stick around for the morning! :( Boston in Lincs go snow judging by a friends FB status! xxx

Posted

Just looking on the radar... hubby works in Market Deeping (to the north of the city) and he should be getting snow... which means I will get a text rubbing my nose in it! LOL Radar showing the North of Peterborough getting snow, it's skirting around the South at the mo! xxx

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

If that sets up as a streamer and it misses Peterborough as it is doing, I might actually cry!! :cray::sorry:

Posted

A few flakes over fengate now...not sure if its going to amount to much....whats the radar showing? I had a quick look on the MO one and that shows a large band entering the bay of the wash about now....few hours time could be interesting maybe?

Posted

As usual the snow showers seem to be going around the top of Wisbech!

Good morning,

I'm in King's Lynn and you're not missing too much. They look reasonably heavy on the radar but it's just cloudy with a few flurries. Bitterly cold here this morning.

Edited by JJB McCabe-deluxe edition

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Some great looking charts this morning showing the front stalling over our region for 24 hours! I feel more confident about this now we are only looking at T+72 hours...I really hope things don’t change this could be fantastic for us !

post-10773-0-95281000-1328171943.jpg

The weekend’s possible precipitation is shown here ...

post-10773-0-39342700-1328171980.jpg

and here..

http://www.weatheron...IT=201202052100

Posted

If that sets up as a streamer and it misses Peterborough as it is doing, I might actually cry!! :cray::sorry:

You and i need the winds more East-North-East in a wash streamer set up. Those showers would then move in a South-West-South direction.

The direction of the wind is not helping us today.. :diablo:

Posted

I am just wondering when we are going to be begin to see some advance warnings from the Metoffice as currently there is nothing at all. I guess that this is due to the continued uncertaintly about this weekends events - however surely they will need to issue some sort of warning during the course of today!?

Posted

And the snow shield holds again, lol, at least the weekend is looking good!

Yep, last night i checked the radar@ 8pm and the showers coming in from the wash were coming in at a South-West-South direction. i checked about 3 hours later and noticed that the showers were skirting P/boro and not going through P/boro. wind direction had changed slightly.. knew that Northants would not be seeing any showers.

Posted

Just crazy how it skirts round Peterborough all the time. Although, I have seen some snow grains floating around, probably 10 as I was leaving for work lol!

xxx