Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Very light powdery snow here at the moment. Theres a heavier echo approaching from the west, but it looks like it'll be pretty patchy in nature until the cold front overtakes the warm front later this evening.

Its feels pretty bitter outside though, the temperature is currently 0.3C with a dewpoint of -1.3C and a very strong wind.

Hi Reef.

My current temp is 0.2c and a dew of. -1.6c now so what you said earlier about my station was right, it would have been sunlight affecting the sensor.

thanks lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Light snow here since 15:15, almost appears stopped now but is in fact still coming down. As others have reported it is of the powdery variety and is being blown around in the wind. Pity it isn't gale force, I haven't seen a 'proper' blizzard since January 1982.

Temp here is -0.1°C with a DP of -4.2°C so conditions are perfect. I am not pessimistic at all: all the really big snow events that I can remember started like this although the wind was from the east on each occasion.....

Posted

It's has been lovely watching it snow all afternoon :-) but reading some of these posts sounds like we have not had the main event yet and this has been a starter.

It that wishful thinking on my part lol or is there more to come than we've already had?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Keep looking at willitrain.co.uk radar and I'm not too happy about the gap which seems be opening up over the Huddersfield area. Snow seems to be rushing to all areas around us but clearing over us. Really disappointed. :-((

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Hard to tell it snowing at all here now it's going dark. Icing cake cover only still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Been really studying the radar. The heavy and light snow remain in the same areas all the time. For here in Rotherham up to Barnsley, that's not a good thing.

Posted

Still only light snow. A decent dusting now. Huddersfield halifax and sheff being stuffed by the hills to our west. Still hopefull for later. Leeds doing ok though!

Posted

Hi Folks,

Been snowing pretty steadily (fine powdery snow) in Strensall (6 miles north of York - Sea level) for the past 1.5 hrs.

About 3 cm of level snow (but is blowing around in the wind).

Temp .... around -1 degrees C.

(Really coming down now).

Looking good folks !!

Y.S

Posted

Still only light snow. A decent dusting now. Huddersfield halifax and sheff being stuffed by the hills to our west. Still hopefull for later. Leeds doing ok though!

Doing really well here, I'm very surprised its normally all around me and none here. Not complaining though lol

Posted

Hard to tell it snowing at all here now it's going dark. Icing cake cover only still.

I can't believe theres only a dusting in Sheffield, the radar looked really good for your area, better than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Anyone else notice that hole above Huddersfield? What's up with that..

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Well first 2 hrs of snow and no differance in depth from 1st minute ...this has surely been over forcasted, just took daughter to work,all main roads in Sheffield black and wet, cant understand it I have -2 in the car but sleet/snow is very wet as it falls, uppers must be warming up ...very very disappointing so far here!!!!

Edited by yorkieblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

I can't believe theres only a dusting in Sheffield, the radar looked really good for your area, better than here.

Na, there a shield around Sheffield and Rotherham up to Barnsley. I assume it due to the peaks but its just a dusting here too. Net weather radar shows it perfectly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Heavier stuff always been to the north mate. Put s89en in the radar under net extra and play it back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

you can now see a heavier band of snow starting to get organised on the radar look north and south of manchester in a line...

Posted

Having viewed the 12z GFS and 12z UKMO/GEM, next week looks cold with further snow prospects so chins up people after tonight snow there could be more on the way for our part of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Yes, the pennines really seem to blocking snow around Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley & Huddersfield area. Although looking slightly more positve on latest radar... Good heavy precip around Barrow In Furness and Fleetwood currently heading south east....

Posted

Yeh looks a good few hours of snowing becoming heavy, also the ukmo has joined the gfs with a potent easterly back end of next week. A few exciting weeks coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

About 2cm of snow here now, blowing around like crazy. Gotta drive to York now to drop the missus in town. Getting up and down whitwell hill should be fun.. hope its gritted.