snow raven

Posted

gfs-2012020118-2-84.png?18

nice chart for sunday

but i agree with kold i hink everything will be further west

that block isnt going to budge that easy,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Very good charts tonight, the GFS for example stalls the front out pretty much over the SE and decays it in situ. I wouldn't be shocked however if the front doesn't even reach eastern areas of this region and instead stalls over the Midlands and maybe western parts of our region.

How unbelievably frustrating that would be, the models first put it too far West and we get snow>Rain and in the end it ends up too far West.

I don't think the 18Z could be more perfect for our region, cold uppers never leave so it'll be a complete snow event until the stalled front fizzles out, we then have cold uppers heading Westwards again.

UKMO, GFS, GEM & ECM now in somewhat more agreement, lets hope that trend continues on tomorrows runs,

Posted

Incredible dew point sgk. You won't see that too often!

Agreed! Lowest dew point I think I've seen on my station in the two years I've had it

Posted

A quick shot of my amateur weather station lol.

Already beaten my lowest temp recored which was -2.4 when we had our first frost a few weeks back.

Cloud cover starting to make it's way over too.

P.S no idea why it has a massive sun displaying on it at the moment. Maybe its predicting the weather for next week.

post-13630-0-25211400-1328134937_thumb.j

Edited by lovejelly

Posted

Very good charts tonight, the GFS for example stalls the front out pretty much over the SE and decays it in situ. I wouldn't be shocked however if the front doesn't even reach eastern areas of this region and instead stalls over the Midlands and maybe western parts of our region.

Yes but the great signs are that if it does reach us it will be an ALL SNOW Event :clapping:GFS Progging ridiculous temperatures of -3c on Sunday with a Ton of Precip over us! Chino posted the Charts in the Model Discussion and I am sure he will post them here as well to show what I mean!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

A quick shot of my amateur weather station lol.

Already beaten my lowest temp recored which was -2.4 when we had our first frost a few weeks back.

Cloud cover starting to make it's way over too.

I am glad that I am not the only one to photograph a low temperature on my weather station.

Posted

GFS 18Z is an upgrade and is coming on board with the Eastern block staging a good fight :clap::cold:

Snow on Friday night into Saturday, then it's calm before the storm so to spaek.

Heavy snowfall starting early hours of Sunday into early hours of Monday :o :D:cold::clap:

Posted

Yes but the great signs are that if it does reach us it will be an ALL SNOW Event :clapping:GFS Progging ridiculous temperatures of -3c on Sunday with a Ton of Precip over us! Chino posted the Charts in the Model Discussion and I am sure he will post them here as well to show what I mean!

Yes here they are folks

post-4523-0-45144500-1328135419_thumb.pn

post-4523-0-23258900-1328135435_thumb.pn

I suspect things may be further west though!

Posted

How unbelievably frustrating that would be, the models first put it too far West and we get snow>Rain and in the end it ends up too far West.

I don't think the 18Z could be more perfect for our region, cold uppers never leave so it'll be a complete snow event until the stalled front fizzles out, we then have cold uppers heading Westwards again.

UKMO, GFS, GEM & ECM now in somewhat more agreement, lets hope that trend continues on tomorrows runs,

Lol Dan

This time last night you had given up! Seriously I have been studying and watching the weather for 39 years, this is a Big Block and it is going nowhere fast. Once it has dealt with this Atlantic attempt expect a continental Feed and then a strengthening of the Block and a 2nd or even 3rd Easterly, the next shots will probably be even better! February is going to be a VERY Cold Month - Hows that for a ramp!

Guest QuantumSnow

I think my weather station is on the blink i now have -11 Dew Point :o :o What the heck is going on with it can that be a true reading? Please can anybody confirm? NW Extra says -6 or -7 on coast.0 in london

That is quite impressive SQ1, do you know your humidity percentage? Had a quick look online, there are certainly quite a few low DP's your way :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Lol Dan

This time last night you had given up! Seriously I have been studying and watching the weather for 39 years, this is a Big Block and it is going nowhere fast. Once it has dealt with this Atlantic attempt expect a continental Feed and then a strengthening of the Block and a 2nd or even 3rd Easterly, the next shots will probably be even better! February is going to be a VERY Cold Month - Hows that for a ramp!

Yeah, last night I must admit I did lose hope and my forecasting/model instincts for the last 6 years went completely out of the window, I should have known the models were being over progressive, I think I got sucked into the negativity over on the MOD thread!

Good trends tonight, though I do agree with Kold, we're probably likely to see the trend Westwards continue through tomorrow, I just hope our region manages to get at least SOME frontal snow!

Posted

I am glad that I am not the only one to photograph a low temperature on my weather station.

I thought the coast was clear so took the pic only to be caught by the misses. To be called a geek is very upsetting lol

Posted

BBC says cold will win for east!

Posted

Lol Dan

too true

vivid memories as a kid of weather warnings early 80's of a front moving in from the west against a cold block and london to be hit early morning with several inches , woke early and not a bean but on the news all i could do in despair is watch the folk in devon get snow bombed

learnt a lesson then (just wish i remembered the year/month)

i love these charts tonight but expect come friday these will be further further west sadly

Posted

BBC says cold will win for east!

Yes and also mentioned showers off the Thames could bring snow showers from tomorrow night into Friday and the weekend is looking better for our region..

Posted

John Hammond you are my new (for now) favourite Beeb forecaster...

"further south and east now increasingly concerned we could see a period of quite disruptive snow" :clap:

Edited by snowgirlkent

Posted

I suspect things may be further west though!

That very much is my thoughts as well, the whole thing will likely shift. However the 18z GFS is exceptional for our area, I'd have no doubt that 4-6 inches would fall quite widely and it remains as snow the whole way through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

John Hammond you are my new (for now) Beeb forecaster...

"further south and east now increasingly concerned we could see a period of quite disruptive snow" :clap:

Now that sounds mouthwatering..........I thank you Mr. Hammond