Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Yes i cant see much pp over the Seast as forecast HP as weakened the first front quite a bit 2 front is far later than thiought.Wonder what teps in pembtoke 3.5 in milfored haven already.

Posted

bbc weather just showed when the main band hits it will be rain and heavy by the looks for most ov wales cardiff newport snow to start then rain guys unless thier wrong ov course lol.

Posted

-3.6 here in the Rhymney Valley but gone from being a lovely clear morning to cloud filled so if we're gonna have anything its all in place at the moment

Posted

bbc weather just showed when the main band hits it will be rain and heavy by the looks for most ov wales cardiff newport snow to start then rain guys unless thier wrong ov course lol.

Lol, not bothered mate, could see around 5 hours or so of snow, i'll make the most of what i can get.

Posted

Lol, not bothered mate, could see around 5 hours or so of snow, i'll make the most of what i can get.

i am in cardiff all day today Jay leaving in 20 mins and daughter has netball all day,so i hope this is delayed by a good few hours,i am taking the 4x4 incase,dont want to get stuck in cardiff way to expensive lol

Posted

Looks on the forecast that we will just get rain here in Barry, but they said that last week when we had about 5 hours of snow, although none of it settled. Will have to wait and see what it brings. Ideally would like it to start after 3pmish as it not nice installing windows in the snow/rain lol.

Posted

i am in cardiff all day today Jay leaving in 20 mins and daughter has netball all day,so i hope this is delayed by a good few hours,i am taking the 4x4 incase,dont want to get stuck in cardiff way to expensive lol

Oh right, I have to go to the Cardiff game later too, hope its not called off - not missed a game this season so it better be on lol.

Posted

Looks on the forecast that we will just get rain here in Barry, but they said that last week when we had about 5 hours of snow, although none of it settled. Will have to wait and see what it brings. Ideally would like it to start after 3pmish as it not nice installing windows in the snow/rain lol.

A very slow moving front dont think the front will get here untill then could have a dusting in the next few hrs pp heading our way. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Is a small possibility of a stalling front i dont think the front will get here untill then could have a dusting in the next few hrs pp heading our way.

Fingers crossed eh!!!!!!

Seems strange, looking at wunderground website for weather data for Barry and it is warmer here then any surrounding weather stations. But Barry is the L A of Wales HA HA

Edited by scoggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Hmmmm..what...morning *in sleepy voice* *rubs eyes* so whats happening then?.

Any good signs?

Edited by Snowmadsam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Really all i want is enough so that i can take my little boy out on it, even if it thaws straight afterwards. Feeling glum about our chances though after the disappointment which was last weekends "snowfest" and with bbc and meto threatening us with sleet and eain. May well have to avoid facebook this weekend so i don't get my nose rubbed in the metres of snow my smug inlaws will be enjoying in kent

Posted

Hmmmm..what...morning *in sleepy voice* *rubs eyes* so whats happening then?.

Any good signs?

Sam should snow outside your front door soon.

Posted

Sam should snow outside your front door soon.

ahhh...cool...then what...rain....

Wait did you say SNOW :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

cold this morning, snow on the mountain still hasn't melted and ground is dry. so as long as it starts as snow and not rain we have a chance of It sticking !

Posted

Enjoy while it lasts lol.

because it will be rain?....:(

Posted

BBC forecast not good... snow was further east beyond the border than they showed last night. (In North Wales, looks ok for South East Wales).

Temp creeping up: -1.7c :cray:

Edited by nwales

Posted

What event have we got to look forward to after this?

Posted

What event have we got to look forward to after this?

Morning - GFS - the rest of Feb is looking blocked and freezing cold with more attacks from the East and then north - north east - could be locked into cold well into March at this rate - meto are going for over the average of precip (snow) so odds are that we are gonna see snow and quite a bit over the coming 4 - 6 weeks - Oh and the groundhog over in America he say - Another 6 weeks of winter to go yet!

still whiteish from last weeks efforts here in glacial ponty - waiting for the next instalment today! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently cloudy and -1.0C here, hope it stays cold! Whats happening with the precip? on raintoday that band over Ireland looks quite thin and broken up, is that the front?

Posted

Morning - GFS - the rest of Feb is looking blocked and freezing cold with more attacks from the East and then north - north east - could be locked into cold well into March at this rate - meto are going for over the average of precip (snow) so odds are that we are gonna see snow and quite a bit over the coming 4 - 6 weeks - Oh and the groundhog over in America he say - Another 6 weeks of winter to go yet!

still whiteish from last weeks efforts here in glacial ponty - waiting for the next instalment today! :cold:

watched bbc news 24 this morning (05.00am) and it defo showed that snow has moved further west into wales right over cardiff and valleys, although that was forecast 1200z only until 1800. but i am crossing fingers, red sky this morning (we all know what that means LOL) yep seen that andy just hope groundhog extends to wales LOL

Posted

Still not snowing yet..overcast...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Peeing down in Milford this morning - as expected, sigh. Temp currently 4.9.

Woody