Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Ice day here max -0.2C. now -2.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Sorry - the METO are full of it. 8 - 10 degrees by next tuesday? Methinks their having a laugh, or at least have got some idiot doing the online weather forecast. Maybe that why they've advertised (Andy's post) - maybe all the decent forecasters have resigned, and the office cleaner is filling in until someone else gets the job :S

Posted

The cloud cleared last night and the temperature plummeted to -8c. Also had an ice day here with a max of -0.6c.

Currently -3.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently -1.3C here so another cold night on the cards!? Also I am really not sure what is going to happen tomorrow, it is most likely to be a snow to rain event but we still don't know how things will work out once the front hits the cold block! Next week is looking good so far though, so im sure we will get a chance of something then!

I mentioned last night the size of the mild sector was important, and it is quite large. So on the leading edge of the front there may well be some snow fall for a hour or so, but largely reverting back to rain, maybe apart from the hills of SE Wales.

As the mild sector pushes in, turning things milder with rain most likely.

With frozen surfaces, any snow that does fall may well stick, and the real danger of ice tomorrow as rain may freeze on frozen surfaces, but this should diminish with time.

Medium term on GFS looks great, and that is what you call a blocked pattern.

Temps here today -6.5c min, -3.5 at 9am and -0.5c now.

Looks like west will miss out again??? :-/

Looks like it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Hi Jack, do you think the latest GFS is realistic and would it bring a better chance of snow this time if that run did verify. Looks like turning alot colder again from Tuesday.

Hi Jack, do you think the latest GFS is realistic and would it bring a better chance of snow this time if that run did verify. Looks like turning alot colder again from Tuesday.

Who knows to be honest. IMO the best 2 models dealing with "the easterly" were UKMO and GEM, UKMO is not that encouaging tonight, but GEM is a stunner as early as T+144. http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/geme_cartes.php?&ech=138&mode=1&carte=0

Of course this remains very much in FI atm. So if we do miss out on the snow tomorrow, February still looks cold.

Posted

Being inland East Wales i may just have better odds of getting some white stuff. The wife is due to drive to the NEC on Sun morning though. I reckon that will be a no-no for her.

This really is in the balance and it will be interesting to see what the forcasts say tonight and whether the Beeb and MetO revise predictions.

and my Mrs going to the same thing at the NEC mate ....I'm taking the kids to Derby v forest sunday lunch time ...could be fun and games :good:

Posted

Both metcheck and netweather forecasts are showing snow/sleet in Cardiff for tuesday. I know it's subject to change, but at least we're having some interesting weather atm. Makes it worthwhile seeing as it's been freezing for the last couple of days. What a fab day . -6 according to the car in the middle of Cardiff first thing and a beautiful sunny day. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Posted

Meto have upgraded there advance weather warning now for us on Sunday for ice , looks like more upgrades are coming in our favour ,lets see :clapping:

Lol , just looked again and its changed ?????

now its changed back again ....Phewwwww!!!!!

Edited by Aquastarmist

Posted

Meto have upgraded there advance weather warning now for us on Sunday for ice , looks like more upgrades are coming in our favour ,lets see :clapping:

Lol , just looked again and its changed ?????

now its changed back again ....Phewwwww!!!!!

I'm confused... All I can see for Sunday (and it's been there for hours) is a yellow warning of snow in Wales that when you read it is all about eastern England?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

see I think shes better than derek :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

How much of the south east was covered? lol im becoming too desperate for some proper snow! lol Just hope some how the models are over doing how far east this will get and that we will have a better chance of more snow!

Posted

How much of the south east was covered? lol im becoming too desperate for some proper snow! lol Just hope some how the models are over doing how far east this will get and that we will have a better chance of more snow!

There was just a snow symbol shown mate, getting fed up of being let down by snow lol, even if i see an hour of snow i'll take it tomorrow regardless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Sue Charles said if the front stalls when it comes up against the cold air then there could be more snow, so don't take the graphics as certain.

Gareth Charles (rugby commentator) who is Sue Charles Brother (I believe) used to be my neighbour a few years ago. Really nice person:P

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

Sorry boys - Sue Charles (BBC) is not ramping in any way. She said at the end of her forecast that the chances of heavy snow were decreasing. I can't see it coming to much personally apart from the extreme eastern fringes of Wales and the higher ground.

Am still confused that the BBC and the METO are going for much milder weather in the week ahead (at least for the next five days). Mixed messages??

Edited by ourson

Posted

Yes it is a bit frustrating but im sure we will get our turn somepoint sooner or later! Expect the worst and hope for the best i suppose is all we can do now :)