Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

what would happen if the High won?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Down to :cold: - 7 here :cold: , but live on the outside of an housing estate by a lot of open land and farms and brooks . :cold: shiver me timbers ...... BBrrrrrrr

-7 at Newport (Celtic horizons!), dew -9.8!

Staying with the in laws in Brynmawr for the weekend, always snows there so fingers crossed!

Edited by Simon SWales

Posted

what would happen if the High won?

Need the high to slow the front down to retain the cold longer the high to far east to win this battle.

Posted

Short of the forecasts for Wales being way off mark (which isn't out of the question: it's happened before in these setups before and TV forecasts have mentioned a possible margin of error), tomorrow isn't looking promising for widespread snow in these parts.

The models have shifted everything ever so slightly westwards but not west enough, unfortunately.

Posted

Tomorrow looks a classic rain preceded by snow event, prob less than a hour snow in most places,

Go on weather prove me wrong.

Yes thats it Jackone positive thinking front stalls over centralWales wind pick up from the east sounds great.Jamie anything positive ti add? Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Tomorrow looks a classic rain preceded by snow event, prob less than a hour snow in most places,

Go on weather prove me wrong.

I agree with you looking at the dew points it shows them rise quite quickly as the front moves in from the west:

http://expert-images...020412_0318.gif

http://expert-images...020415_0318.gif

http://expert-images...020418_0318.gif

In this type of setup the further east you are the better, closer to the cold continental air. So Central/ East Wales will be most likely to have the snow, although i think even SE Wales will see a spell of snow away from the immediate coast before turning back to rain as the milder air gradually pushes east.

Posted

Tomorrow is going to be a day that surprises many, will it rain? Will it snow? Will it snain?

My prediction front moves in most places seeing a period of snow but as it sinks south east wards drags in potentially another bout of cold north easterly winds thus splitting the warm sector, diluting the heat and rain turning back to snow and stalling somewhere near the black country before retreating back over Wales for another period of snow :p

Enjoy it guys ;):p

Posted

Tomorrow is going to be a day that surprises many, will it rain? Will it snow? Will it snain?

My prediction front moves in most places seeing a period of snow but as it sinks south east wards drags in potentially another bout of cold north easterly winds thus splitting the warm sector, diluting the heat and rain turning back to snow and stalling somewhere near the black country before retreating back over Wales for another period of snow :p

Enjoy it guys ;):p

Is that the 'wishful thinking' forecast? ;)

Posted

Is that the 'wishful thinking' forecast? ;)

Indeed tafod yn y boch - tongue in cheek :p it won't happen.

Posted

Down to :cold: - 7 here :cold: , but live on the outside of an housing estate by a lot of open land and farms and brooks . :cold: shiver me timbers ...... BBrrrrrrr

Its -7 here too in Caerphilly (town I might add) and still falling, I know this doesn't really relate to tommorrows probable disapointment but I am going to keep checking as this is my lowest recording since DEC 10 and gives some child like hope of snow not turning to rain.

Edited by wizard.muh

Posted

Latest fax would drive a quaker to drink HP fighting back front stalls over e anglia Easterly winds back Madness lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Got a feeling something's going to happen with this front that hasn't been forecasted, if that increases our chances for snow is another matter though

Edited by Scarlet_Snow

Posted

Temperature has risen to -4.3c We'll see what tomorrow brings.... Nos da pawb!

Nos da :) cysgwch yn braf :)

Posted

Well i am going by last weeks event with Meto saying snow , dont forget its colder now outside than it was last week , so i finks it will be a snow event here in Newport , and i reckon going by the model discussion its gonna get colder by next week with lots of cold nights and snow events , all i say is Bring it on , also where is the Famous Andy with his updates . :clapping: cmon Boyo im shouting at yah :p

Posted

Anyone awake out west? Precip seems ahead of time but radar shows snow at least. May just be light stuff or even showers thrown out ahead of the front.

Posted

WHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT - I just happened to wake and it's snowing, everything is white

-0.8c by the way. decreased from earlier which was hovering around -0.4c

Update:

Just a small covering at the moment - snow is settling on the main road here, but it is patchy. I really hope more precipitation makes it soon, just a shower by the looks of it.

Update:

Looking at the radar history the shower formed over land in Pemborkshire about 20 miles away but has already nearly fizzled out. Not much energy at all. I wonder how much precipitation will make it in roads later.

Currently very light snow - small dry flakes.

Edited by shaunwales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yes we have light flakes falling with a very slight dusting.

Posted

WHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT - I just happened to wake and it's snowing, everything is white

-0.8c by the way. decreased from earlier which was hovering around -0.4c

Update:

Just a small covering at the moment - snow is settling on the main road here, but it is patchy. I really hope more precipitation makes it soon, just a shower by the looks of it.

Update:

Looking at the radar history the shower formed over land in Pemborkshire about 20 miles away but has already nearly fizzled out. Not much energy at all. I wonder how much precipitation will make it in roads later.

Currently very light snow - small dry flakes.

Yes i cant see much pp over the Seast as forecast HP as weakened the first front quite a bit 2 front is far later than thiought.