Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted

Must have a more expensive snowshield. Basildon spent its money on the Bas Vegas sign on the A127. :rofl:

Now visible in street lights.

Jason

Nothing here yet...That shield is working for my area lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

oh yes we have a flurry and not a mcdonalds one either!!! - very very very light thougj but its a start!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, double snow and hot hot sun

Must have a more expensive snowshield. Basildon spent its money on the Bas Vegas sign on the A127. :rofl:

Now visible in street lights.

Jason

Lol oh our snowshield is very expensive!! Right can curtains are coming open now, i dont care what the neighbours think...and im doing snow angels at 2 inches of snow!! and then one more for every inch!

Posted

0.5Deg per hour? lol by that logic it would be sleet and thawing temps by midnight. It still isn't right, get your weather station checked. -2C here and it's -3c just outside of herne bay but this is fluctating but not of the amount of your indication.

No, its correct (the trend) though I have my doubts about current temp.

But the trend is confirmed here:

http://headcorn.org

You couldnt make it up, could you?

UPDATE: temp trend now 0.55 per hour.

Doesnt look great!

Edited by abovefreezing

Posted

Definately looking more sleety now but light dusting remains, and to be honest i'm happy enough, even if it turns to rain or doesn't stick anymore, I've gotten snow with a light accumulation, which is a good start and good enough for me, and it's not like things will turn very mild again next week, there could be more events to come!

Mine sleety too - i do find the not knowing either way tests my sanity! METO still says heavy snow coming as of 9pm? I am happy with the sugar dusting too

Posted

The old 'Spinal tap' levels eh :lol:

By appointment, here's my 1 y/o Springer Newton popping his snow cherry:

p20120204-201043-1.jpg

Things just the right side of marginal here, temp 0.7, Dew -0.6

Always nice to see someone popping their cherry :)

Starting to get nailed up here. If the intensity continues as it is then the SE has alot to look forward to later.

So TEITS is that going to swing down to Ashford?????, coz whats comin along the coast is turning to rain, Getting really worried!! Help PLEASE!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I think were slowly loosing this snow / rain fight here, it's still falling, and settling, but it's not really adding to the light dusting we have, it's a kinda stale mate situation here at the moment, it's falling, but the dew point (now at +0.2) and rising temperature (2.0) is making it melt as soon as it lands (I think), early days though , I still think I'll wake up to a decent covering

If the MO is correct we could have our way after 12ish but dew points are crucial for the snow to settle as ground is still cold and dry but still needs low DPS (below zero) to settle, i'd personally be very happy and surprised if we wake up to more than a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Just started here in Tunbridge Wells! - wouldn't grade it as more than a 2 on Steve's scale though, but we're on the way! Be patient, Warrenb - you're only just up the road, it will reach you soon if it hasn't already!

And be honest everyone - given the choice, wouldn't you rather have had the snow now, to add interest to the grey gloom of the months before Spring, than back in December? I know I would.

Posted

Yep, I'm in Rochester too at the top of a hill and nothing.

and me - hope it won't be too long. I'm starting to get death stares every time I twitch the curtains to look at the lamp post!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, double snow and hot hot sun

and me - hope it won't be too long. I'm starting to get death stares every time I twitch the curtains to look at the lamp post!

Pull the curtains open..what can they say eh..and snow angel in the garden..that will keep them talking for a while lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

well I'm baffled, dew point is at +0.3 temperature at +1.7 and the snow has pepped up to the point where the little patch that had started to melt on the pavement outside, is beginning to get covered again :wacko:

Posted
Definitely not snowing here, just stood by lampost and theres no snow.

I can confirm it is on the Sundridge rd, which is over the MWay bridfge from you, and the downs are now white.

Posted

So TEITS is that going to swing down to Ashford?????, coz whats comin along the coast is turning to rain, Getting really worried!! Help PLEASE!!!!!!!

I HAVE been saying for a while temp increasing at an alarming rate (and that rate is increasing)

Most ppl on here successfully blanking me so far, but I feel it, bad!