Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 8

Posted

Wow

That takes the award within the M25 Mike!

Vesuvius yep I must have miscalculated just how slow this band has been to spread east, either that or the Stalling process was ongoing about 2 hours ago at the front end. Good to know 3 miles up the road has 2-3cm

100m elevation helps as does the front reaching here hours earlier than expected then slowing to a halt.

I hope it peps up again when it moves through for you Essexers.

Posted

Still reading....even though we still have sleety rain! lol....cant even imagine what the snow must look like just a short drive north of me - just feels like a slightly cold Saturday night here - still cant see how the METO have the area down for heavy snow from midnight - anyone explain if and how things might change for us on this wee little bit of marginal coastline :-)

Perhaps not as far West as your location, unfortunately, but that's when the cold pool is tapped into and dragged West. If it's vigorous enough, precipitation in your area will turn back to snow; it may now be too wet to settle, now ... still going for a punt of lying snow on Hasting's beach, though ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

3cmish here in sunbury - is the front stalling? It's very fine wet snow - we need the big fluffy flakes!!!

I'm in sunbury this not wet snow at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Yes this Southerly wind is getting quite strong here as well (Almost on Convective Levels)

Grass is still visible so no great depths here but Moderate Snow all the same.

The bigger depths will be later this week when the Streamers Set-Up :clapping::drinks:

Edit; Interestingly my Temp just took a nosedive on me graph from 0c to -1.3c in about 15 minutes

The temperature took a nosedive from -0c to -1c here too about half an hour ago, Dew point holding steady at -3c. Any idea what caused the sudden drop of temperature? 2cm here so far

Posted

I'm at London Victoria and the trains are already starting to get delayed! Have been travelling from Devon via south Wales, heavy rain up to Bristol, a sleety mix in south Wales having followed a period of snow. Snow getting deeper and heavier towards reading and settling even on the tube platform at paddington. Looking forward to seeing what kind of snow depth there is in south darenth - assuming the train doesn't fail on route!

Posted

Yes this Southerly wind is getting quite strong here as well (Almost on Convective Levels)

The bigger depths will be later this week when the Streamers Set-Up :clapping::drinks:

Edit; Interestingly my Temp just took a nosedive on me graph from 0c to -1.3c in about 15 minutes

Yep saw the same here mate.

Posted

coming down nicely now - a good 1inch

Think I will be hitting the sack soon though - am cream cracked - I can't stay up for these over night events like I used to be able to!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

18Z Pub run has gone off on one and no easterlies projected but just a flabby high, struggles for retrogression to Greenland as well. Not to concerned at the moment. About 1.5cms here at the moment.

Posted

The temperature took a nosedive from -0c to -1c here too about half an hour ago, Dew point holding steady at -3c. Any idea what caused the sudden drop of temperature? 2cm here so far

Either a temp drop due to heavy precipitation or the cool pool east is now advecting west as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

About 8cms here in Harrow ! Moderate snow since 8pm . . FANTASTIC ! ! !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

about an inch or so here very nice and coming down steadly :)

Posted

I'm at London Victoria and the trains are already starting to get delayed! Have been travelling from Devon via south Wales, heavy rain up to Bristol, a sleety mix in south Wales having followed a period of snow. Snow getting deeper and heavier towards reading and settling even on the tube platform at paddington. Looking forward to seeing what kind of snow depth there is in south darenth - assuming the train doesn't fail on route!

Bet you Enjoyed the last 10 mins of the game though! Unbelivably sloppy from us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Haven't actually measured but would say about 4cm and moderately snowing now but with fairly small flakes. Been windy since it started at 6pm tho, blowing about a fair bit! Just checked Meto rainfall radar and looking to get bit heavier over next few hrs...guesssing we cud have about 8cm by morn if stays mod/heavy for next few hrs....just off to beddy-byes now so all shall be revealed come dawn!

Posted

Well time for me to check out from snowy Canterbury , Murr factor 4 still and couple of mm more than yesterday, paths are gone, patio gone, still can see grass tops. If we are in the sweet spot I have my spade and broom inside and will send my children out to shovel the path in the morning. Night night sleep well all or not at all if you are on lamp post watch!

Edited by crazysnowcatz4

Posted

Streamers ? Must say I have only been looking at tonight. If there is more to come, bring it on.

Grass is disappearing fast now and snow becoming heavier