Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 9

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still a few hours to come for London I think - front seems to be dragging its heels over the SE now, can see stronger radar returns over higher ground such as Chilterns and N Downs, must be getting on for 20cm+ over those hills.

Posted

Just sitting here watching the radar and chuckling to myself, the French must be willing the snow over to them almost like we do in the Summer when those damn T-Storms die out over the Channel.

Karma I tell you Karma! :p:rofl: :rofl:

that is sweet revenge.. ive just realised that!!

Posted

Back again ...

Keep your heads up Kent/Sussex. Looking at the models, BBC, MetO - it seems to me that snow will start clearing NW Kent in SE direction at approximately 4-5am. That's at least another 3 hours, and it's odds on, if you live in this far SE quadrant, that you still haven't seen the heaviest of it yet.

Posted

I teach 14-16yrs that have been excluded from NORMAL ?? school, iif they were with me now they wd have the time of their lifes...what i appreciate, they appreciate....cool really wish that for every teenager...and i have one myself .hope some of them cd look and be happy about this weather that we find so beautiful...unfort some of them have parents that wdnt give a s***..every teenager shd snow angel at some point!! What do you reckon?? Im not being deep..tbh honest just really feeling this snow situation myself and loving every minute...by the way my daughter earlier said 'Cringe' because i chat online about snow loool kind of get her point though!! lol but i dont give a snowflake!!

What are these snow angels you seem to mention in your posts?

BTW, I have the same job as u

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I am supposed to be going out for my birthday lunch up at Table Table so torn between lots of snow over night or just a reload next week.......I think heavy snow tonight has won....beans on toast will do :acute:

:D

Really picked up in intensity now much better than earlier, it should've done this before damn it.. Looks amazing though :), Wish it would last all night oh and the wind makes it look like a small blizzard hah

Posted

Radar is NOT picked up the true strength of the backedge around the London area, between 00.20 and 00.25 ALL precip decays by same amount, which suggests that something has happened to the radar to cause it not to pickup the true strength of the precip, especially to the NW of the radar.

Beastly snow moving inti Surrey right now

Posted

It's great that the snow filled winters are back. I'm 26 and the last 4 winters have been fab!! Beats anything we got in Sussex during my childhood.

Edited by Westsussex1

Posted

Back again ...

Keep your heads up Kent/Sussex. Looking at the models, BBC, MetO - it seems to me that snow will start clearing NW Kent in SE direction at approximately 4-5am. That's at least another 3 hours, and it's odds on, if you live in this far SE quadrant, that you still haven't seen the heaviest of it yet.

Thank you for answering some of our post. I have about an inch in my garden but thought i would get more am i in the area that is expected to get longer in the snow than others please thanks in advance.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Radar is NOT picked up the true strength of the backedge around the London area, between 00.20 and 00.25 ALL precip decays by same amount, which suggests that something has happened to the radar to cause it not to pickup the true strength of the precip, especially to the NW of the radar.

Beastly snow moving inti Surrey right now

The rain today radar certainly seems quite... odd. Seems to be a focal point around London with shards shooting out in all directions if that makes sense. Seems to be struggling particularly as the precip moves through this 'focal point'.

Posted

Thank you for answering some of our post. I have about an inch in my garden but thought i would get more am i in the area that is expected to get longer in the snow than others please thanks in advance.

I dont know about longer. But you should see it last *later* because you are (relatively) to the East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Roughly 2 inches here now, fox footprints were gone within about 10 minutes!

Posted

Back again ...

Yeay!!!!!! I'm just lovin this snow. I really hope you're right. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Hi everyone, hope your enjoying the snow. Where can I find the latest temperature for my exact location other then the met office website?

Posted

Snow only light here in Croydon, a strange orange twilight with the snow cover and street lights reflecting against the cloud.

Posted

the radar has truly messed up. Netweather i'm disappointed.

Can you post a screenshot? Is it like the raintoday radar with like a "shattered glass" effect?

Perhaps they use the same radar force, and its fooked

Edited by abovefreezing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

the radar has truly messed up. Netweather i'm disappointed.

It's affecting all the radar sites, not just Netweather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Also some more good news from me...the grass...has now totally gone!

Offically a good event here.

Snap. I've had my eye on a small clump but it's finally gone.......................I should get out more!!!!