Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 9

Posted

Horizontal sand, mean snow here, not a measurable covering yet.... fingercrossed

Temp -1.1c

dew -2.2c

Posted

Heathrow is not closed I can hear the planes taken off. But there is heavy snow here maybe not for long.

Just looked on the BAA website and it does appear that LHR is closed, or at the very least VERY restricted. Between 21:00-22:15 35+ flights should have departed and currently only 2 have, many taxied over 1hr ago and are presumably stuck on the tarmac which is the last thing i would want prior to a 10hr+ flight!!!

Still coming down here although flakes are still tiny, everything is covered though and we have little drifts around the garden where the wind has blown. The comments regarding the snow being WET are suprising as the snow here is VERY dry and powdery and blowing around nicely. One half of the car windscreen has no snow, the other almost an inch!

M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Nice covering now. Grass pretty much gone. Several more hours of this all being well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms, cold but sunny mornings

1.5cm here in East Tilbury, still small flakes. Wondering if there is any chance of some bigger flakes soon....?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Being greedy now. Want blizzard!

lol dont be greedy ,i just want snow that isnt wet and bloody lays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Wow you guys are tearing through the threads, upto number 9 now!

Keep the snow reports coming in, and if your unlucky to now have sleet/rain, well your still very welcome!

How many south east regional threads were there last winter? I vaguely remember around 50?

Posted

Front end has slowed right down. For now the back end is still moving at a decent clip but its going to have to slow down soon enough as the front edge has slowed over the past hour or so it seems. Not enpough for a stall bar maybe for the far east BUT we should get a solid 3-4hrs of heavy snow for most, maybe more for eastern locations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Either someone's outside taking photos with a flash or I've just spotted lightning! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

@Paul Sherman and nw Londoners:

Sorry to say but I think the 8cms reported in barnet by someone is an exaggeration. I have 4cms currently and am about at the highest altitiude in barnet. I took a pic with tape measure if required lol. A pic of the 8cm would be great pls:P

Posted

Lol @ The Pub run!

It's going to be fun on the Model Discussion thread again Mon-Wed

Still going for a Blocked February, be it Easterlies or Northerlies via Greenland or Scandi High Pressure.