Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 9

Looks like this flight was buzzing around Luton to land then said "sod it, let's go home" :rofl:http://yfrog.com/oegvyhp

Is that for real!?

I thought after the last few cold snowy winters airports would have better snow clearing.

Posted

As much as I like the new free precip radar, is it possible to get the locations/place names to stay visible under the heavier stuff? I don't know where I am anymore !! :drinks:

Craig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

just been outside and its like someones turned on a snow machine which is blowing out fine powder. Its starting to cover everything nicely though and looks great under the lamp post :D Just debating whether to stay up and wait for some proper flakes... I could be a very tired & disappointed bunny in the morning

Posted

Hi guys,

Long time reader but very infrequent commenter here - purely 'because I come here to read and learn and generally don't have anything to add that the resident experts haven't said.

Loving a bit of snow tonight - would warn anyone in London that it has already halted the Central Line to Epping, no trains are running out here tonight.

Quick question for the folks in the know, have purchased a subscription to the Netweather radar and the V.6 version is very impressive!! Look like the precipitation is dying out though - I know it got here earlier than planned but will it die out in a couple of hours?? Thought it was due to hover over us until the early hours - or was that only East Kent and the east Norfolk coast?

NB. While I do my one post per year, big thanks to Steve Murr, have been reading this forum for a good few years and you have proved your worth yet again. Also TEITS, GP, C and the rest of you - you know who you are, you make this place interesting and I thank you for your input.

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Front end has slowed right down. For now the back end is still moving at a decent clip but its going to have to slow down soon enough as the front edge has slowed over the past hour or so it seems. Not enpough for a stall bar maybe for the far east BUT we should get a solid 3-4hrs of heavy snow for most, maybe more for eastern locations.

You reckon we could get more out of this? Im on the Essex coast, for some reason I'm expecting about 8mm or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes

Falling nicely in Woodingdean Brighton looks set in for a while

Posted

Either someone's outside taking photos with a flash or I've just spotted lightning! :)

could be train sparks... they light up like anything on ice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Trains, probably.

Trainline is over a mile away, thinking it's more likely camera flash

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Just an update from central London (elephant and castle). It has now been snowing steadily since 7pm non stop. There is a good 5cm of snow on my balcony, all the minor roads are gone and the Old Kent Road is slowwww. This is a GOOD snow event!

Posted

@Paul Sherman and nw Londoners:

Sorry to say but I think the 8cms reported in barnet by someone is an exaggeration. I have 4cms currently and am about at the highest altitiude in barnet. I took a pic with tape measure if required lol. A pic of the 8cm would be great pls:P

I promise you this is no exaggeration. Just measured it again to make sure and it is definitely over 8cm.

Posted

You reckon we could get more out of this? Im on the Essex coast, for some reason I'm expecting about 8mm or so.

I suspect for us somewhere in the 8-12cms sounds about right, though maybe towards the bottom end. Still its hard to tell, it just depends on exactly where the heaviest pluses will travel through.

Got a good 2-3hrs left of heavy snow for central/eastern areas, western areas have less but how much depends on the forward speed of the front and whether it starts to slow soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms, cold but sunny mornings

How many south east regional threads were there last winter? I vaguely remember around 50?

Yeah, my brother was watching last winter and the one before that and there were 40+, impressive......

My first season here, I love it...

Posted

Decent covering now. At this rate and assuming it continues until early morning, can easily see 10cm+ for this area

Posted

Continuos fine powder snow here near Thames......white out and fantastic scene and still continuing....and im 300mts from Thames in Excel!

Posted

Ryanair flights to stansted diverted to bristol - wouldn't be looking forward to the coach transfer (if you're lucky!!)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Moderate, thick snow now but we have a drip issue beginning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

snowing here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

Posted from other thread http://www.abbeyroad.com/Crossing

Watching the guys making a snowman!