Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 9

Posted

Lol

I think your estimate of 5p flakes earlier was being VERY Generous. Has not got bigger than a plystyrene ball all night. But hey 4-5cm is not bad for here!

So frustrating isnt it!

Why is this happening? Are we missing the intense stuff? Dews too low? Thames killing us again?

Arrggghhh!!

Posted

yup, right on hastings seafront. just over an inch and starting to get heavy in the last 10 minutes. and drifting in a SE wind. strange to see driving snow blowing off the channel. its sticking well on the beach too.

Wayhay! I went for a punt on lying snow on Hastings seafront. OMG I got one right ;) Can I be nosey, and ask if it really only started really quite late after sleet - say, perhaps, 11pm?

Posted

oh no.....satellite signal has gone due to snow coming down.....are we in the 'sweet spot' here...??

Yes we are in a sweet spot :)

Posted

4.5cm

Currently upto about 6-7cms here, the last 30 mins has been better and the snow is heavier now here thats for sure! Heaviest of the night actually I think, should be building the snow depth up at a decent clip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course

So frustrating isnt it!

Why is this happening? Are we missing the intense stuff? Dews too low? Thames killing us again?

Arrggghhh!!

Cant understand it Im in south Benfleet small flakes yes but hammering down and loads of snow 8cms!

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Wayhay! I went for a punt on lying snow on Hastings seafront. OMG I got one right ;) Can I be nosey, and ask if it really only started really quite late after sleet - say, perhaps, 11pm?

it started as pure snow at 10pm and started sticking from the off. its getting progressively heavier as i type and there are blizzard conditions on the seafront!!.

All roads covered in snow and taking on the look of an alpine landscape.

Edited by sunnijim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

sorry to ask again but does anyone know where I can get the latest exact temperatures for my specific area (excluding the met office website)

Posted

I finally seem to be getting the heavy snow now (not sure what that's classed as on the Murr-o-Meter) but I am SO glad I waited up to see it........... not sure I'll be so glad when my son bursts in at first light wanting to go out and play in it though :rofl:

Posted

london looks like its soaked up all the heavy stuff

and dumping it on me... still snowing really heavy.. if this keeps up il be able to grab snow out of my bedroom window

Posted

Is it snowing right on the south coast? Anyone lurking on here down there?

Still snowing in Eastbourne, accompanied by strong gusts blowing it about. Looks :good:

Posted

So frustrating isnt it!

Arrggghhh!!

I just think it is always like this with regards to Atlantic Systems, be it Rain or Snow. We always get the least from a frontal event as the brighter echoes come in from the West. I was hopeful for 5cm tbh from this and it looks like with another 2-3 hours we might exceed this tonight so all good, the snow is a good quality powder as well.

Btw when TomSE1 Asked a few of us what areas we thought would do best i did plump for an area North or North West of London so am happy with how that has gone, some areas have done better than I expected like Surrey for instance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snow is just brilliant at the moment. The heaviest it's been all night! 4 inches approx now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, double snow and hot hot sun

Not NW fault, its probably a fault on the Met Office's end.

Anyway, moderate/heavy snow at least as far west as St.Albans still, so draw a line SSW from there and you'll still have heavier snow, so still a while to go yet guys...ignore radar to a certain extent.

Kold im quite pleased with what i have soooo far..more i reckon to come...been out rolling in the snow with my dog, who actually loves eating snow, bought some in for my vodka...nice!! Thurrock doing well so far and im quite happy not teaching this week! ill teach my dog to NOT eat snow instead, and Ill NOt drink vodka!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Really is coming down right now, probably something close to 1.5 inches an hour I'd imagine. Upto 8cms now and vis. is down compared to earlier on, though street lights are brighter due to the sheer amount of snow.