Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Anyone in the maidstone or sittingbourne area? Only my prone to exaggeration sister in law is claiming they have two feet of snow and living in the south wales valleys 250 miles away I cant tell if shes talking rot or not! am very impressed if its true though...

Posted

Notice that Charlwood is at 0.2c... I went out via my conservatory to have a peek and snow slid onto my head... There are a couple of drips but nothing substantial... Any idea on the top temp today?

Posted

Morning peeps, Well down in sunny Clacton i have 14cm on flat patio and 20cm with the drifting on grass :good:

Talk about bad night sleep after giving up on here about 1 am , spent most night getting out bed and checking it was still snowing. up now and ready to walk to work, i'm not even going to atempt to get car off the drive :fool:

Enjoy the snow everyone who can :D

Edited by donna-m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Probably about 2.5 to 3 inches here in Lee SE12, a couple of miles from the Kent border. Perfectly respectable here for frontal snow from the west.

Meto take quite a bit of stick on here at times but well done this time around, with amounts and timing for our area, pretty much nailed it.

Shame for the south coast members who lost their cover pretty quickly, due to the onshore wind down there.

Lets hope we can hold on to our snow cover this week and get that easterly flow back in asap, with perhaps a little more snowfall to top up what we've got.

Regards,

Tom

Posted

morning 6 inches here in ipswich that the town stoped for the day with another load coming tuesday !!

http://www.rain-alarm.com/?from=chrome

Edited by tinybill

Posted

There are some Interesting reports of snow depths on this thread. As a rule of thumb, I would halve the reported amounts and you will end up with the actual depths.

Posted

Anyone in the maidstone or sittingbourne area? Only my prone to exaggeration sister in law is claiming they have two feet of snow and living in the south wales valleys 250 miles away I cant tell if shes talking rot or not! am very impressed if its true though...

Got about 15cm max here. Can't find a ruler at the moment but its no where near 2 foot......lol

Posted

There are some Interesting reports of snow depths on this thread. As a rule of thumb, I would halve the reported amounts and you will end up with the actual depths.

whys that ?

think most people old enough to use a ruler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Ahh thanks k66la, i thought she was full of i ot. We got about 4 or 5cm yesterday in the south wales valleys so youre still doingbetter than us lol

Posted

South croydon received an amount im more then happy with, plenty for sledging! 😃😃😃

Grew up in Purley - farthing downs should be good today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Good morning everyone, we have about 4inches but there's a lot of dripping going on, we need the continental air to be drawn back in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

good morning all, just got up to let the cat out and oh my i now have snow in my house had a drift up the door oooppppsss, looks very pretty out,

temp -2.9

dew -4.9

hum 86%

post-9214-0-69421900-1328428721_thumb.jp

Edited by wchris_uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth summer. Cold and snowy winter

About 10 - 15 cms level snow. Some drifts. Air temp about -2c. So no dripping. Hopefully far enough east to get cold off the continent. Will it stay that way does any expert know?

Edited by Sunny Kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

11cm here by the back door. I think it could be a tad deeper further up the garden but I was told to stop walking in the snow as I was ruining it (by my 3yr old Son lol) There is more excitement in this house today than there was at Christmas! I cant wait to take the kids out, it will be my little girls first snow experience :D

Posted

Good morning everyone, we have about 4inches but there's a lot of dripping going on, we need the continental air to be drawn back in.

no dripping here... anyway what happen to the stalling bit that most was talking about?? front just went pilling thru last night

Posted

Morning all. Last night's snow was amazing. I can hear children playing in the playground opposite. Disturbed me from my sleep lol. Overall I'm happy because the amount I got exceeded my expectations. 12cm! To those who got sleet/rain hopefully it will be your turn for the white stuff soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

no dripping here... anyway what happen to the stalling bit that most was talking about?? front just went pilling thru last night

Dunno mate that's what I was wondering, I think it stalled further East of us.

Posted

Current temp -2.2

dp -2.6

Ended up with just over 15cm (just been out in my pj's for a measure..... neighbours must think I'm a loon!) which is EXACTLY what the more knowledgeable members on here predicted for my location :drinks: