Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 7

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Looks like all we've had is freezing rain like most others. All things coated in ice. Will have to walk to work later.

Posted

granada / itv going for sleet tonight right to the coast, no changes in their forecasts...snow for the pennines

If this is going to happen its got to start shifting west pretty soon. To my eyes all precip seems to be heading south to our east.

Posted

isn't there supposed to be more precip moving in from the east, in a more e-w alignment?

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

theres alot of ppn going on east of the hills. It must be the moisture coming

in from the north sea. i dont think they ever coming across to us.

cuz the hills just blocked it.

http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

Edited by pip21

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

It's snowing in the southeast right now apparently and we miss out again

Edited by davacr123

Posted

theres alot of ppn going on east of the hills. It must be the moisture coming

in from the north sea. i dont think they ever coming across to us.

cuz the hills just blocked it.

http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

whats meant to happen is that colder air moves in, and rain would turn to sleet and snow to the south of the region before clearing, i dont entirely think the precip is meant to be coming from the east. However we have a streamer in effect over the irish sea...colder air to undercut the warmer air where ever that happens...anyway this show it quite nicely http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en also you might want to use the raintoday radar, updates every 15 mins instead of every 30/40 mins from the met... http://www.raintoday.co.uk

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

That band is heading south towards milton keynes area. Doesn't seem to be headed where is was supposed to at all lol. Infact most people are going miss out on more ppn altogether by the looks of it. Ah well the Doh a dumb swear filter got the better of mee winter continues :p

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

That band is heading south towards milton keynes area. Doesn't seem to be headed where is was supposed to at all lol. Infact most people are going miss out on more ppn altogether by the looks of it. Ah well the onionse winter continues :p

trying looking west, to the streamer, hardly going to remain dry if that thing keeps up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

trying looking west, to the streamer, hardly going to remain dry if that thing keeps up

What streamer? What you on about.....it's pushing SW

Posted

What streamer? What you on about.....it's pushing SW

funny you say that because the band of rain in the west is orientating nw - se..cant see it? use sat24

when i refer to a streamer, i am talking a long band of rain clouds extending from the nw to the se. it as been gradually tilting more and more to a nw - se direction, been watching it for a little while now and using the sat you can see just that. as to if there is precip on it but you would think so

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

The one coming in off the irish sea as all has suddenly changed direction on the radar

Posted

you can see it? the sat24 animation shows it tilting into a more nw - se direction, while the stuff over the sw is obviously going sw as that stuff to the north pivots

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

i see it HC but won't it continue to pivot from the norther flank

Posted

the area to the west of us is tilting but its going south a little quicker then its tilting east only hope for southern part of region is if it starts to expand which at the momment doesnt seem to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Why does the site keep crashing

C.S

Posted

I wouldnt even look at PPN to our west... the flow is due to start pushing everything westwards anyway hence why the main PPN band is moving SSW now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

freezng rain lol

good one!! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Haha, can't believe you're looking West. It's a complete non event for us whilst the south east gets pasted AGAIN.

I'm giving weather a rest for a while now, as I really cannot be bothered with all of these let downs.

I think if anything, it's going to be from the north with a disturbance in the flow in the form of a trough or small low, odds are slim to none and it's likely that winter is over now for the north west.

So for now. Adios.

Posted

Talk about how bad this winter is how many of you remember winters 1988-89 and 1991-92?

Saw some snow during mid-late November 1988 but then saw no snow until late February! There was hardly any frost in that period neither. If you love frost and snow, it was horrendous. Saw more snow in April 1989 than during December 1988 and January 1989 combined

1991-92 saw hardly any snow.

88/89 was the only one worse than this. During 91/92, if my fading memory serves me right, then I recall 3-4 falls of snow that season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Haha, can't believe you're looking West. It's a complete non event for us whilst the south east gets pasted AGAIN.

I'm giving weather a rest for a while now, as I really cannot be bothered with all of these let downs.

I think if anything, it's going to be from the north with a disturbance in the flow in the form of a trough or small low, odds are slim to none and it's likely that winter is over now for the north west.

So for now. Adios.

LOL your moods are up and down like a prostitute's knickers